Poll results: Seriously? The thread title isn't clear?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • 300 is the worst of the three.

    3 27.27%
  • MATRIX REVOLUTIONS is the worst of the three.

    3 27.27%
  • REVENGE OF THE SITH is the worst of the three.

    5 45.45%
  • 300 and REVOLUTIONS are tied for the worst.

    0 0%
  • 300 and SITH are tied for the worst.

    0 0%
  • REVOLUTIONS and SITH are tied for the worst.

    0 0%
  • All three are equally and infinitely horrible.

    0 0%
  • Bite me, Ebert. These are all perfectly good movies.

    0 0%
+ Reply to thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Which sucked the most eggs: 300, MATRIX REVOLUTIONS, or REVENGE OF THE SITH?

  1. #1
    Obeah Man, Mischief Maker, Lord of Bees Skald the Rhymer's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    562

    Default Which sucked the most eggs: 300, MATRIX REVOLUTIONS, or REVENGE OF THE SITH?

    All replies must be in the form of dirty limericks.

    Well, not really.
    "Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon." (Chesterton)

  2. #2
    Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central NJ (near Bree)
    Posts
    10,080

    Default

    Never could get through the dreck that is MATRIX REVOLUTIONS but I saw 300 at the movies with a friend that loved it. So 300 was worse for me as I had to sit through it. Matrix Rev. I just turned off and it cost me nothing. Sith? Not as bad, a terrible movie but watchable once.

  3. #3
    The Queen Zuul's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,908

    Default

    Matrix Rev was the worst, by far. Sith was really, really bad, but we were all expecting it to be bad. 300 looked like self-loathing gay porn. Matrix Revolutions could have been good.

  4. #4
    Obeah Man, Mischief Maker, Lord of Bees Skald the Rhymer's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally posted by Zuul View post
    Matrix Rev was the worst, by far. Sith was really, really bad, but we were all expecting it to be bad. 300 looked like self-loathing gay porn. Matrix Revolutions could have been good.
    Say that 300 looked like self-loathing gay porn is like saying Taye Diggs looks like a hot black dude.
    "Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon." (Chesterton)

  5. #5
    Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    2,933

    Default

    Sith was the least worst of that execrable trilogy. I didn't see the other two films.

  6. #6
    The Apostabulous Inner Stickler's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Collegeville, MN
    Posts
    2,172

    Default

    I haven't seen Sith or Matrix Revolutions. I sat through Phantom and Clone Wars and just couldn't make it that last few hours and I fell asleep 20 minutes into the sequel to the Matrix and so never bothered to watch the third one. (The Matrix was a good movie, I thought until about five minutes after it ended and I realized how nonsensical it truly was.) So I guess 300 because if the plot and action bore you, you can amuse yourself with watching hot guys shirtless?
    I don't think so, therefore I'm probably not.

  7. #7
    Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,174

    Default

    Sith wasn't great, but it was miles better than the rest of the prequel trilogy. It might have had 5, or maybe even 10 whole minutes of decent acting.

    Sequels to The Matrix are just so disappointing. I liked the first one, and it could have stood alone as a decent, if slightly nonsensical bit of scifi. But they couldn't leave well enough alone ...

    I'm not going to type out my endless undying rage at 300 twice in one week.

  8. #8
    Obeah Man, Mischief Maker, Lord of Bees Skald the Rhymer's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally posted by Orual View post
    Sith wasn't great, but it was miles better than the rest of the prequel trilogy. It might have had 5, or maybe even 10 whole minutes of decent acting.

    Sequels to The Matrix are just so disappointing. I liked the first one, and it could have stood alone as a decent, if slightly nonsensical bit of scifi. But they couldn't leave well enough alone ...

    I'm not going to type out my endless undying rage at 300 twice in one week.
    But this thread was part of a transparent attempt to whip you, personally, into a frothing fury so that you would be funny again!
    "Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon." (Chesterton)

  9. #9
    Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,174

    Default

    Quote Originally posted by Skald the Rhymer View post
    But this thread was part of a transparent attempt to whip you, personally, into a frothing fury so that you would be funny again!
    ... and NOT ONLY were the elephant completely anachronistic, they couldn't even use the right kind. War elephants were INDIAN elephants, not FUCKING MUMAK.

    And just because it's a story about an ancient battle, doesn't mean that our friend Frank Miller can't figure out a way to work in the degrading rape of an assertive woman. Come on, who would want to see a movie without that?

    Let's have the council of elders be creepy pedophilic lepers, too! That makes sense!

    :Shake:NERDRAEG:Shake:

  10. #10
    Obeah Man, Mischief Maker, Lord of Bees Skald the Rhymer's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally posted by Orual View post
    ... and NOT ONLY were the elephant completely anachronistic, they couldn't even use the right kind. War elephants were INDIAN elephants, not FUCKING MUMAK.
    MumakIL. Mumak is singular. I think. I would check Wikipedia but I don't know how to use the Internet.


    And just because it's a story about an ancient battle, doesn't mean that our friend Frank Miller can't figure out a way to work in the degrading rape of an assertive woman. Come on, who would want to see a movie without that?
    But at least she gets to kill the rapist!

    Also, you're friends with Frank Miller? Why? Did you get direct orders from Aslan not to let me feel lonely or something?

    Let's have the council of elders be creepy pedophilic lepers, too! That makes sense!
    Well, they're not PEDOPHILES. The maidens they abuse are clearly post-pubescent.

    I'm not sure why I'm arguing, since we agree that this movie sucks ostrich eggs.
    "Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon." (Chesterton)

  11. #11
    Curmudgeon OtakuLoki's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,836

    Default

    I don't know.

    I have seen none of these films and have come into this thread simply to boast that I wasn't stupid enough to invest the time on the degree of self-torture any of these films provide.


    Neener! Neener! Neener!

  12. #12
    Oliphaunt dread pirate jimbo's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    I didn't hate Sith -- the big lightsaber duel at the end was sweet and the scene with the mask lowering onto Vader's head from his point of view was extra sweet. And I also agree that it wasn't even the worst in that trilogy -- Phantom Menace was much, much worse. Two words: Jar-Jar fucking Binks.

    I also didn't hate Matrix Revolutions. Was it as awesome as the first one? Not even close. But I think it pretty much ended exactly the way it had to; with Keanu Reeves dead (which is awesome!).

    I haven't yet seen 300, so I can't comment on it.
    Hell is other people.

  13. #13
    Oliphaunt featherlou's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,209

    Default

    You're just saying that because you know he's Number One on my celebrity freebie list.

    I haven't seen 300 yet either (gay porn? must look into this), but Revenge of the Sith and Revolutions both disappointed me because they could have been so much better. George Lucas desperately needs to hire someone else to write his dialogue, for one thing - "ham-handed" doesn't even start to cover it. I'd have to give the edge for worse to Revenge because it doesn't have my sweet baboo, Keanu, in it.

  14. #14
    Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,174

    Default

    Quote Originally posted by dread pirate jimbo View post
    I haven't yet seen 300, so I can't comment on it.
    Quote Originally posted by featherlou View post
    I haven't seen 300 yet either (gay porn? must look into this) ...
    HEED MY WARNINGS. HEED THEM. IT IS NOT AT ALL THE FUN KIND OF GAY PORN.

  15. #15
    Oliphaunt featherlou's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,209

    Default

    Okey dokey.

  16. #16
    Obeah Man, Mischief Maker, Lord of Bees Skald the Rhymer's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally posted by featherlou View post
    Okey dokey.
    Ignore the Queen of Glome. The key to watching 300 as gay porn is to turn the sound off.

    That'll be a dollar.
    "Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon." (Chesterton)

+ Reply to thread

Posting rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts