Once upon a time there was a squiggle. He was a good squiggle:
It's a design, devoid of general meaning, that routinely crops up in artifex's, doodles, drawings, and pottery. I always found it interesting and evocative, and eventually decided to get it as a tattoo. So she drew it freehand on paper, and then cleaned it up in Paint Shop Pro until it was happy. Happy little squiggle.
Sunday we took it to Sacred Heart Studio, reputed to be one of Houston's finest. Once we got there, artifex decided, "Me, too! Only smaller!" Here are a few "during" shots:
So that was yesterday evening. Today, 24 hours later, mine is already looking much cleaner and hers is practically perfect. Hell, the only thing still red on her is the tape burn:
Owing to its small size, she went with solid black for hers. On mine, I had it fade out towards the bottom in a gradient. Once it heals, I'm going to fill it from the bottom in color. Exactly what color it will be is something I'm not quite sure of yet. I'm leaning towards red, but I think I'll wear it around for a few weeks and a choice will become obvious, whether it's red, green or whatever.
Questions and comments (aside from telling me how fat I look in that last picture) more than welcome.![]()










Reply with quote



