+ Reply to thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Is this outrageous, or am I just drunk?

  1. #1
    Clueless but well-meaning Hatshepsut's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    2,832

    Default Is this outrageous, or am I just drunk?

    Brief background: I just had a rum on the rocks, so I'm feisty right now! But not totally stupid, which I define as "not ready to make an enraged post on a message board, because such things are much better done while sober."

    Anyways...I participate in a website for expats in Indonesia. It isn't as literate as Mellophant, but whatever; it can be very useful. Participants are both foreign and Indonesian.

    So a day or two ago, an Indonesian poster started a thread saying she can offer dog-training services. This kind of advertising is perfectly permissible under the terms of the message board. From other posts in different threads, one gleans that she is a single mom who just lost her job and is a bit hard up.

    Another poster, a British guy living in Indonesia with an Indonesian wife, responded:
    I also used to train dogs. I have a Rottweiler who I am trying to train but my wife spoils him and treats him like a baby. Do you have any experience in training wives? :-) Maybe you'd like to see this example of my work.
    and posted this YouTube video:



    Is that as gross and offensive as I think?

    I'd like to post a withering comment, but perhaps I'd better wait until I'm sober. Meanwhile, am I overreacting? Or will I feel just as disgusted when I'm sober?

  2. #2
    Administrator CatInASuit's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Coulsdon Cat Basket
    Posts
    10,342

    Default

    I don't know - your link doesn't work.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

  3. #3
    Yes, I'm a cat. What's it to you? Muffin's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northwestern Ontario 48°17'42.8"N,89°23'21.2"W
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Ditto.

  4. #4
    Clueless but well-meaning Hatshepsut's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    2,832

    Default

    Huh. That certainly deflates things a bit. Is this better:


  5. #5
    my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    6,993

    Default

    Quote Originally posted by Hatshepsut View post
    Huh. That certainly deflates things a bit.
    I don't know about deflating, but it certainly confirms you were drunk!
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

    find me at Goodreads

  6. #6
    The Queen Zuul's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,908

    Default

    I don't think he's as funny as he thinks he is, though I don't find that video all that offensive on its own. Some people do, in fact, enjoy wife training, so whatever floats your boat!

    The fact that he's a 75 year old expat with a young Indonesian wife who puts up videos like that and of her dancing like a stripper in skimpy clothes and makes a point to describe her repeatedly as "my Indonesian wife" while offering to help people find their Asian dream girl...that's kinda creepy.

  7. #7
    I've had better days, but I don't care! hatesfreedom's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    I make my wife roll over all the time

  8. #8
    my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    6,993

    Default

    Quote Originally posted by hatesfreedom View post
    I make my wife roll over all the time
    nice
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

    find me at Goodreads

  9. #9
    Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,590

    Default

    Holy shit, yes, it's a little bit outrageous!

  10. #10
    Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,174

    Default

    Guy seems like a fucking creep to me.

  11. #11
    Elephant Feirefiz's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    802

    Default

    Quote Originally posted by Zuul View post
    I don't think he's as funny as he thinks he is, though I don't find that video all that offensive on its own. Some people do, in fact, enjoy wife training, so whatever floats your boat!
    If they are both into it and share their videos on lookwhatitaughtthatslut.com then that's fine. If he has no problem with coming across like that in public without any redeeming context then I'll hazard a guess that he's a piece of shit.

  12. #12
    The Queen Zuul's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,908

    Default

    Quote Originally posted by Feirefiz View post
    If they are both into it and share their videos on lookwhatitaughtthatslut.com then that's fine. If he has no problem with coming across like that in public without any redeeming context then I'll hazard a guess that he's a piece of shit.
    Well, having looked at his other videos and what he says about his wife (and their sex life! In YouTube comments!) he is, indeed, a piece of shit.

  13. #13
    Builder Why I Am a Destiny's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Maple Shade, NJ
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Weird, but you know, some people are into kinky shit.

    On the other hand, this comment on the YouTube clip

    in Indonesia especially in urban areas, women are free to go anywhere, even if they want they can leave home and their husbands for 1 day because of their job.
    made me a little bit sad.
    An olivesmarch4th has-been.

  14. #14
    Clueless but well-meaning Hatshepsut's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    2,832

    Default

    It's a sunny new day in Jakarta and here I am, calm and sober. I checked the site, and the thread is sinking fast - no one has responded to that gem. Maybe silence is the best way to express scorn.

    So I'm not going to post anything.

    But even with no extra chemicals in my body to encourage the RO, I still think - what a complete loser asshole that guy is.

  15. #15
    Elephant artifex's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Not shocking, but definitely creepy and pervy as shit.

  16. #16
    like Gandalf in a way Nrblex's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    844

    Default

    That is truly outrageous.


  17. #17
    Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,590

    Default

    Quote Originally posted by Nrblex View post
    That is truly outrageous.

    Truly, truly, truly outrageous.

  18. #18
    Aged Turtle Wizard Clothahump's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Quote Originally posted by Hatshepsut View post
    Huh. That certainly deflates things a bit. Is this better:

    Selamat pagi, Hatshepsut.

    I wasn't thrilled by the video; the guy thinks he's funny. Got a ways to go before he gets to funny.
    Political correctness will be the death of our country.

+ Reply to thread

Posting rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts