+ Reply to thread

Thread: NSFW Tag

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default NSFW Tag

What Exit?

The NSFW tag is downloading images for people who have images turned off, i.e me, and has already been used in the front chat window by Excalibur.

I'm going to disable it until we can sort it out. Otherwise people will use it without realising what effect it has.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Re: NSFW Tag

Any interest in taking a stab at the javascript CIAS? I can send you the Mod for the Spoilers which should be the needed clue. I don't really have time to pursue this right now and I suck at javascript. The nsfwToggle code is the main missing piece.

This is the suggested layout of the BBcode as per McNutty.

<div class="spoiler"><div class="spoiler-top"><span style="color: #FF0000; ">{L_PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW} NSFW Image spoiler:</span> <span class="spoiler-title"></span></div><div class="spoiler-box" onclick="nsfwToggle(this); "><div class="spoiler-hidden">[img]/forum/styles/subsilver2/theme/images/icon_mini_faq.gif[/img]</div></div></div>

Registered
    Feb 2009

[nsfw_x:ygbq3spl]http://domebo.net/forum/download/file.php?avatar=105_1244032706.jpg[/nsfw_x:ygbq3spl]

Registered
    Feb 2009

Another question:

Even if the tag gets fixed, should it be allowed on the front page in the chat window??

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by CatInASuit
    Another question:

Even if the tag gets fixed, should it be allowed on the front page in the chat window??
    Why not? (I am not rejecting your question, I really don't understand why not.)

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by What Exit?
    Another question:

Firstly: does the spoiler work for you, ie: open the image in another window. In order to replicate the existing board image on/off functionality I would have to amend some of the templates/javascript and not just the BBCode.

Secondly: because the chat is supposed to be nsfw image free, spoilered or not. It does mean that any feed accessing the front chat will also pick up the image URL as it is only hidden by a div. It is probably worth looking in the chatlogs to see what occurs.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by What Exit?
    Another question:

Firstly: does the spoiler work for you, ie: open the image in another window. In order to replicate the existing board image on/off functionality I would have to amend some of the templates/javascript and not just the BBCode.

Secondly: because the chat is supposed to be nsfw image free, spoilered or not. It does mean that any feed accessing the front chat will also pick up the image URL as it is only hidden by a div. It is probably worth looking in the chatlogs to see what occurs.
    Well that was not the idea of the NSFW tag. It was suppose to work like the spoiler and open in the existing window. Might as well stick to just the url link then.

Links to NSFW images are still allowed in chat to the best of my knowledge. If I am wrong I need instructions on that. I might be missing the question.

Your test post did work for me as described though.

+ Reply to thread