+ Reply to thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Vegetarians! Cool snacks: Name them.

  1. #1
    For whom nothing is written. Oliveloaf's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,180

    Default Vegetarians! Cool snacks: Name them.

    I am the kind of veg. that annoys the PETA folks.

    I still eat dairy, and even eggs--though rarely.

    And, I am said to admit it, I have some leather in my house.

    Still, being as liberal a veg. as I am, I still find finding good, healthy stuff to nibble on
    difficult.

    Found something cool today, though!

    Stonewall's brand Jerquee(tm).

    Major delicous. Mostly soy, chewy as hell, and kinda meaty.

    Sold in 1.5 ounce bags for about a buck and a half.

    I bought pepperoni, spicy and mild.

    The pepperoni-flavor was best.
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

    -Jim Rockford

  2. #2
    Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,048

    Default Re: Vegetarians! Cool snacks: Name them.

    Food thread moved to TG.
    I'm not good at the advice. Can I offer you a sarcastic comment instead?

  3. #3
    Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    580

    Default Re: Vegetarians! Cool snacks: Name them.

    If you're a vegetarian, then why are you named after a meat product?

  4. #4
    Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Within shouting distance of Hershey
    Posts
    528

    Default Re: Vegetarians! Cool snacks: Name them.

    I'm two-thirds veg (vegetarian for two meals, one normal meat portion for one). I like a Weetabix biscuit crumbled in a six-ounce container of yogurt. It's a little much for a snack, but it'll hold me if I don't have time for a full meal.

    On preview: Olive loaf isn't meat. It's pretend meat.
    There is more than one way to burn a book. And the world is full of people running about with lit matches. -- Ray Bradbury's "Coda"

  5. #5
    Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    580

    Default Re: Vegetarians! Cool snacks: Name them.

    It's made of real meat. Or, rather, what was real meat at one time in its life. Oh, and also olives.

  6. #6
    Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    'burbs of Chicagoland
    Posts
    231

    Default Re: Vegetarians! Cool snacks: Name them.

    Dry-roasted edamame (soybeans). Lotsa protein, not too much fat, a little salt, and it's crunchy!

  7. #7
    Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    277

    Default Re: Vegetarians! Cool snacks: Name them.

    Wasabi peas. Good stuff.
    The poster formerly known as Jenaroph

  8. #8
    Member
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    93

    Default Re: Vegetarians! Cool snacks: Name them.

    Popcorn

  9. #9
    Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Vegetarians! Cool snacks: Name them.

    MorningStar Farms Spinach and Artichoke Veggie Bites
    Better is heart than a mighty blade
    For him who shall fiercely fight;
    The brave man well shall fight and win,
    Though dull his blade may be.

  10. #10
    Curmudgeon OtakuLoki's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Vegetarians! Cool snacks: Name them.

    Broccoli florets. They're fine alone. But if one is willing to bend the vegetarian definition having them with sour cream based dips is ambrosia. (I suggest Helluvagood's bacon horseradish, or their jalapeno cheddar dips.)

  11. #11
    Member
    Registered
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Vegetarians! Cool snacks: Name them.

    Quote Originally posted by OtakuLoki
    ...But if one is willing to bend the vegetarian definition having them with sour cream based dips is ambrosia. (I suggest Helluvagood's bacon horseradish...
    I think the sour cream is not the primary issue vegetarians would have with this fabulous sounding snack.
    You know what they say about assumptions,

    They make an ass out of you and mption.

  12. #12
    Curmudgeon OtakuLoki's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Vegetarians! Cool snacks: Name them.

    details, details...

  13. #13
    Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: Vegetarians! Cool snacks: Name them.

    Garden of Eatin' blue corn tortilla chips covered with cayenne pepper.

    There was a point in my life where those and some hummus were my daily lunch. For weeks at a time.

    I wish I had some right now, but the local groceries don't carry them.

  14. #14
    Member
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: Vegetarians! Cool snacks: Name them.

    I just finished a bag of those blue chips last night - some one stuck a bag in a cupboard that I rarely look into, so I found some "treasure". We're lucky since Garden of Eatin is a local company and I can find their products rather easily.

  15. #15
    Miss Entropy Angua's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    235

    Default Re: Vegetarians! Cool snacks: Name them.

    Hummous and carrots and/or bell pepper and/or oatcakes.

  16. #16
    Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Within shouting distance of Hershey
    Posts
    528

    Default Re: Vegetarians! Cool snacks: Name them.

    Quote Originally posted by Parthenokinesis
    Quote Originally posted by OtakuLoki
    ...But if one is willing to bend the vegetarian definition having them with sour cream based dips is ambrosia. (I suggest Helluvagood's bacon horseradish...
    I think the sour cream is not the primary issue vegetarians would have with this fabulous sounding snack.
    But bacon's not really meat. It's candy that comes from a pig!

    [sub:3i884yuj]I miss bacon.[/sub:3i884yuj]
    There is more than one way to burn a book. And the world is full of people running about with lit matches. -- Ray Bradbury's "Coda"

+ Reply to thread

Posting rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts