+ Reply to thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Guilty pleasure music

  1. #1
    Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,590

    Default Guilty pleasure music

    We've probably had one of these threads before but I forget things so I'm starting a new one rather than reviving it.

    What's your guilty musical pleasure? I normally say I don't feel any guilt over anything I like, because I feel such confidence in my impeccable taste, but my recent infatuation with the All-American Rejects, an eminently teen-oriented pop-rock band, has tested my convictions a little. They do these extremely catchy, eminently formula-driven pop songs (right down to the chorus in every song that's sung by the audience rather than the band) that get stuck right in my head. Plus they have a hottie lead singer and you know that's never a good sign for a band.

    (Fortunately Zuul likes these guys too so we can both share the shame.)

    What's your guilty musical pleasure, or at least what would people laugh at if they knew you were listening to it? Extra credit if you have a last.fm profile and you delete an artist from it to avoid embarrassment. So deep is my All-American Rejects shame that I actually at first removed the ID3 tag from "Dirty Little Secret" so last.fm wouldn't register it.

  2. #2
    my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    6,993

    Default

    The Killers
    Akon
    Kelly Clarkson
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

    find me at Goodreads

  3. #3
    Curmudgeon OtakuLoki's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,836

    Default

    I still listen to some Billy Joel. And Kim Carnes.

  4. #4
    Free Exy Cluricaun's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Elgin IL
    Posts
    3,641

    Default

    David Allan Coe and Huey Lewis and the News immediately come to mind.
    Hell, if I didn't do things just because they made me feel a bit ridiculous, I wouldn't have much of a social life. - Santo Rugger.

  5. #5
    Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,174

    Default

    Linkin Park
    Journey
    Lady Gaga

  6. #6
    Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    2,933

    Default

    I really don't think music guilty pleasures exist anymore. Nobody cares except people caught in a time warp. Anyway exy Dave Mathews Band is what I would have suggested for you. I haven't heard All American Rejects.

    Currently or in the past I've liked songs by:
    Ke$ha
    Westlife
    Linkin Park
    Girls Aloud
    Sugababes
    Destiny's Child
    Miley Cyrus

    It doesn't matter the source as long as you like the groove or something.

  7. #7
    The Queen Zuul's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,908

    Default



    I don't even have to play the game. Just listening to the songs makes me smile and bounce.

  8. #8
    Oliphaunt Taumpy's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,356

    Default

    If I were inclined to feel guilty about such things, I would mention my love of (some might say bad, ymmv) pop music from the 80's and 90's. Like this Rufus & Chaka Khan song:



    Cathy Dennis:



    And I really love me some Lionel Richie:

    Taumpy: Oh noes, you aren't a super powerful wave of destruction.
    Panther Squad: It's true! My scythe does not shorn the biomonsters in great swaths like it ought!

  9. #9
    my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    6,993

    Default

    Man, did I ever have a crush on Cathy Dennis.
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

    find me at Goodreads

  10. #10
    Curmudgeon OtakuLoki's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,836

    Default

    Oh. One more: I like Bananaphone.

+ Reply to thread

Posting rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts