-
Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
I figured this would end up here, so I thought it best to start the thread where it belongs.
Liberal - The poster who seems to cause more problems than he's worth, a pain in the ass to most, a whiner, a tool, an insecure boob who always wants to know "what I did to get on your bad side" and "is there any way we can work this misunderstanding out if I sent you a PM?" Yes, that Liberal.
Liberal - A bloody accident at the side of the road that you can't help but slow down and look at. Tragic but curious at the same time. The man who burns more bridges than anyone since the Germans retreated from the Western Front. And yet, he persists.
I know some of you know him personally, so if you answer this, please know that my intent is not to hammer you. I, and a lot of folks I'm sure, are genuinely curious as to what is true, what is made up, and what is just floating around in his head.
His posting is prolific. He has put up numbers that stagger the imagination. When he left the SDMB with his famous "neighborhood" opus, many came in to give him his praise (the only reason he wrote the damn thing), and then recoiled at the inevitable pushback by those that can't stand the pompous windbag.
He's a true internet creature, created out of electrons. God only knows what he was doing before the message board became a format for his expression, but I'm glad I'm not his neighbor.
He claims he is an executive VP of a software company. This nugget, if true, is disturbing enough, knowing that he controls the livelihood of a number of employees and their families. If not true, then why make it up?
He claims to be a victim of several maladies... Taking a number of medications... if true, a sad story. But it strains the smell test if he is indeed a VP of a software company. He also posts so often, with such volume and at such random times of the day or night that it seems that virtually impossible that all of his stories mesh. But I don't know him. Some of you do.
For those that do know him personally, does everything make sense to you, or do you just make allowances for a person that you find eccentric, but harmless? For those that know him only through his message board postings, what do you think?
Let's come to some consensus on this guy... a plague to many, a friend to a few, but a pain in the ass no matter what your side. And the real issue... no matter what, there is no denying the fact that on every board that I've had the misfortune of being a member of where he has been or is currently darkening, the board's PTB seem to bend over backwards to try to appease him.
I can't believe the SDMB has never banned him, and I don't know his status here or at GiraffeBoards, although it would appear he's stopped posting here. I'm sure he still lurks, however, because he can't stand the thought of not knowing what people say about him. I can't really explain my interest other than the fact that he's the single most pitted, most loathed, most polarizing individual I've ever run across on the net.
I have a real curiosity as to what he's really like, and why so many people make allowances for his behavior, when banning him would make the world (or in this case a message board) a much better place.
My guess? He's at least bi-polar, and has multiple personalities. He is on some kind of assistance from the government, and his software company is himself, and perhaps his cat. As a child, he ate paste and got picked last in gym class. He's between the ages of 45-65. And he's ultimately full of shit.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
If you want some real fun, the Raffers have been cutting into him pretty harshly here, though the thread has now wandered into Doper trainwrecks in general.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Quote:
Originally posted by ulfhjorr
If you want some real fun, the Raffers have been cutting into him pretty harshly
here, though the thread has now wandered into Doper trainwrecks in general.
My God. 13 pages and counting. Glad to know he's not lost his power to annoy. That thread has a few links that list his medications and ailments in more detail. One of these days, I'll have to put together a spreadsheet to track it all.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Or you could go on a long walk.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Quote:
Originally posted by sockittome
Quote:
Originally posted by ulfhjorr
If you want some real fun, the Raffers have been cutting into him pretty harshly
here, though the thread has now wandered into Doper trainwrecks in general.
My God. 13 pages and counting. Glad to know he's not lost his power to annoy. That thread has a few links that list his medications and ailments in more detail. One of these days, I'll have to put together a spreadsheet to track it all.
Make sure you flag any that are contraindicated. Be kind of funny if it turned out that some of the meds he was on were of the "incompatible with fatal side effects" variety. Nobody seems to brought up the Pit thread he started complaining about the lack of outrage over one black CNN reporter using the phrase, "You're a good southern boy" towards another black CNN reporter. That was a classic.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
I've seen way, way worse than Lib. At least on unmoderated Usenet groups.
Hasn't he said more than once that he was terminal, with a short time to live? I've cut him slack because of that, but I don't know if there's any truth to it. (In this case, I'd rather he's making it up, for whatever reason.)
ETA: And for that matter there are much worse posters on the Dope. I never understood why the poster whose name was ttakeL spelled backwards wasn't banned. (Unless that's happened recently.)
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Starting a thread at domebo to pick on Lib, who hasn't even been seen in these parts since May, and using a sock account to do it no less, strikes me as a bit distasteful.
Lib is ... colorful ... but so what? If I only wanted to be exposed to ordinary people, I wouldn't spend any time conversing on the internet.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Quote:
Originally posted by sockittome
Quote:
Originally posted by ulfhjorr
If you want some real fun, the Raffers have been cutting into him pretty harshly
here, though the thread has now wandered into Doper trainwrecks in general.
My God. 13 pages and counting. Glad to know he's not lost his power to annoy. That thread has a few links that list his medications and ailments in more detail. One of these days, I'll have to put together a spreadsheet to track it all.
Heh--you'll need a BIG spreadsheet. He's had everything from MS to flesh-eating bacteria and full-body dandruff ( :: shudder :: ) to heart failure to whatever Mimi had in La Bohem.
And strangely, these ailments only appear when he's getting pitted or when he's losing an argument.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Quote:
Originally posted by CairoCarol
Starting a thread at domebo to pick on Lib, who hasn't even been seen in these parts since May, and using a sock account to do it no less, strikes me as a bit distasteful.
Yeah, I pretty much agree. I'm not, like, offended by the OP, but I don't really get why we need a pit thread here when he's been gone for so long. Just my opinion.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
I don't see the point in pitting Lib here either, he was never likely to turn up to defend himself - but that trainwreck thread on Giraffe is comedy gold.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
You know that urban myth about The Candyman? It was actually based on 'he who should not be mentioned'.
If he can get 10 posters to chant his name at once, it will bring forth the apocalypse and his job on the interwebs will be done.
Don't say I didn't warn you!
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
That Giraffe thread is classic. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
I'll go read the Giraffe thread.
I like Liberal - I think he's funny.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Quote:
Originally posted by CairoCarol
Starting a thread at domebo to pick on Lib, who hasn't even been seen in these parts since May, and using a sock account to do it no less, strikes me as a bit distasteful.
Lib is ... colorful ... but so what? If I only wanted to be exposed to ordinary people, I wouldn't spend any time conversing on the internet.
Everything about Lib strikes me as distasteful. That's never stopped him from posting (or being a genuine ass) to just about everyone who disagrees with him.
Why is he treated with such kid gloves? It's like everyone is afraid to say "Boo!" to the guy. Why? Is he suicidal? He has a company to run, dammit! Not to mention all of the pharmacists he needs to keep busy.
And I'm not picking on him. If you read the OP, I am genuinely curious as to WTF he's about. People have claimed to have met him, so what's he like in real life? I'm sure if there are people out there who have met him, perhaps one or two of you liked him. But did you think his stories made sense? Or is he just a nutjob?
Finally, what difference does it make where the thread is started? Just because he hasn't posted here in a while doesn't mean he's not packing his bags back at the old neighborhood to move back in here. We should be so lucky.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Quote:
Originally posted by sockittome
Why is he treated with such kid gloves? It's like everyone is afraid to say "Boo!" to the guy. Why? Is he suicidal? He has a company to run, dammit! Not to mention all of the pharmacists he needs to keep busy.
Well, he blames me for his leaving here. I said "boo" until he left us in peace. I'll just preen for a moment. There. Anyway, people who want to PALATR can jet off to the SDMB and enjoy themselves and keep the place peaceful the rest of the time.
It also irks me that, despite the fact that you're pitting on someone who is almost universally behated, you decided to do it through a sock. I don't see any problems with enjoying a nice pile-on of someone who deserves it but if you decide you have to do it without taking any possible risk to your reputation, you're not going to win my approval.
And see I'm a little worried that our talking about him might lead him to come back.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Quote:
Originally posted by sockittome
And I'm not picking on him. If you read the OP, I am genuinely curious as to WTF he's about. People have claimed to have met him, so what's he like in real life? I'm sure if there are people out there who have met him, perhaps one or two of you liked him. But did you think his stories made sense? Or is he just a nutjob?
Shot in the dark, here. Are you, by any chance . . . Liberal? 'Cause his Narcissism might actually lead him to 1) leave Giraffeboards in a huff; 2) continue to monitor here just to see how often he's mentioned; 3) decide he's not being talked about enough; and 4) show up as a sock to ask, "What's this Liberal guy all about? What do you really think of him?"
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Quote:
Originally posted by Excalibur
Well, he blames me for his leaving here. I said "boo" until he left us in peace. I'll just preen for a moment. There. Anyway, people who want to PALATR can jet off to the SDMB and enjoy themselves and keep the place peaceful the rest of the time.
So, "boo" was all it took? Great; what's the magic word to make you bugger off somewhere else? (And when the hell are you not preening?)
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Quote:
Originally posted by Baldwin
So, "boo" was all it took? Great; what's the magic word to make you bugger off somewhere else? (And when the hell are you not preening?)
The difference is that Liberal, like, well, pretty much everyone, cares pretty deeply about my feelings and opinions, and no one really gives a shit about yours. :)
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Quote:
Originally posted by Baldwin
Quote:
Originally posted by sockittome
Quote:
Originally posted by [color=#FF0000
CairoCarol[/color]]And I'm not picking on him. If you read the OP, I am genuinely curious as to WTF he's about. People have claimed to have met him, so what's he like in real life? I'm sure if there are people out there who have met him, perhaps one or two of you liked him. But did you think his stories made sense? Or is he just a nutjob?
Shot in the dark, here. Are you, by any chance . . .
Liberal? 'Cause his Narcissism might actually lead him to 1) leave Giraffeboards in a huff; 2) continue to monitor here just to see how often he's mentioned; 3) decide he's not being talked about enough; and 4) show up as a sock to ask, "What's this
Liberal guy all about? What do you really think of him?"
Correction: I didn't write that, the OP did. I assume you know that, and the quote tags just got messed up.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Quote:
Originally posted by Baldwin
Shot in the dark, here. Are you, by any chance . . . Liberal? 'Cause his Narcissism might actually lead him to 1) leave Giraffeboards in a huff; 2) continue to monitor here just to see how often he's mentioned; 3) decide he's not being talked about enough; and 4) show up as a sock to ask, "What's this Liberal guy all about? What do you really think of him?"
Ya think? :roll:
Liberal, fuck off. I defended you for years. I offered, in good faith, to help you become more aware of people trying to troll you, and you accepted my help, only to pull that April Fool's Joke days later and respond to my actual concerned PM without letting me know you were in on it and playing us all. That actually really fucking hurt, asshole. You finally pushed me too far with your dramawhore exit. Just leave, and stay left. I'm done with you.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Quote:
Originally posted by WhyNot
Ya think? :roll:
Liberal, fuck off. I defended you for years. I offered, in good faith, to help you become more aware of people trying to troll you, and you accepted my help, only to pull that April Fool's Joke days later and respond to my actual concerned PM without letting me know you were in on it and playing us all. That actually really fucking hurt, asshole. You finally pushed me too far with your dramawhore exit. Just leave, and stay left. I'm done with you.
I don't blame you for not being mad at Liberal, but I really don't think this is him. It may well be someone deliberately trolling us, but from everything I've seen, including a character here named other-wise who I'm pretty convinced was Liberal's sock, I really don't think Liberal has the capacity to criticize himself this way, except when he's trying to elicit pity. If Liberal had another sock I think it would be someone coming in to praise him, just like other-wise did.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Quote:
Originally posted by Excalibur
I don't blame you for not being mad at Liberal, but I really don't think this is him. It may well be someone deliberately trolling us, but from everything I've seen, including a character here named other-wise who I'm pretty convinced was Liberal's sock, I really don't think Liberal has the capacity to criticize himself this way, except when he's trying to elicit pity. If Liberal had another sock I think it would be someone coming in to praise him, just like other-wise did.
Perhaps. But I think it's Liberal getting ready for his "I suck and it's time to grovel" phase. The writing style, including lots of short paragraphs, seems similar, although the sentences themselves are shorter, and there aren't as many "I"s as I've come to expect.
Well, either way, I'm sure he'll see it, and I've been wanting to get that off my chest for a while.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Quote:
Originally posted by WhyNot
Well, either way, I'm sure he'll see it, and I've been wanting to get that off my chest for a while.
Heh, that's true, I'm sure he will.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Perhaps this is the OP's way of giving us a test: look what a funfest they had over at Giraffe with that 13-page point-and-laugh paean. The question is, could we equal that here?
My WAG: a thread on this board could NEVER sustain itself for 10+ pages without getting so seriously off-topic that the original subject was forgotten.
What were we talking about again?
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Quote:
Originally posted by ivan astikov
You know that urban myth about The Candyman? It was actually based on 'he who should not be mentioned'.
Voldemort?
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Quote:
Originally posted by Excalibur
Quote:
Originally posted by sockittome
Why is he treated with such kid gloves? It's like everyone is afraid to say "Boo!" to the guy. Why? Is he suicidal? He has a company to run, dammit! Not to mention all of the pharmacists he needs to keep busy.
Well, he blames me for his leaving here. I said "boo" until he left us in peace. I'll just preen for a moment. There. Anyway, people who want to PALATR can jet off to the SDMB and enjoy themselves and keep the place peaceful the rest of the time.
It also irks me that, despite the fact that you're pitting on someone who is almost universally behated, you decided to do it through a sock. I don't see any problems with enjoying a nice pile-on of someone who deserves it but if you decide you have to do it without taking any possible risk to your reputation, you're not going to win my approval.
And see I'm a little worried that our talking about him might lead him to come back.
To set your mind at ease, I am not Liberal. Thank God. And I have my reasons for using a sock, the main one being I didn't want to come off like I'm just pitting for the sake of pitting. I really didn't know where to put the question, but I figured that Liberal discussions usually end up in the Thunderdome so I just started it here. Plus I didn't want a PM from him asking me where we went wrong and how could we find common ground. I find his public make-up messages bizarre.
I also didn't want his friends to feel like I was being an asshole for the hell of it. I really wanted to know if anyone had met him in person and what their impression was. I'm now starting to wonder if those stories are real or not, too. Either that, or no one has the guts to admit they know him in person.
Quote:
Originally posted by WhyNot
Perhaps. But I think it's Liberal getting ready for his "I suck and it's time to grovel" phase. The writing style, including lots of short paragraphs, seems similar, although the sentences themselves are shorter, and there aren't as many "I"s as I've come to expect.
(emphasis mine). That's the meanest thing you could have said about my posting style.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Quote:
Originally posted by sockittome
Quote:
Originally posted by WhyNot
Perhaps. But I think it's Liberal getting ready for his "I suck and it's time to grovel" phase. The writing style, including lots of short paragraphs, seems similar, although the sentences themselves are shorter, and there aren't as many "I"s as I've come to expect.
(emphasis mine). That's the meanest thing you could have said about my posting style.
Sorry! :lol:
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
I hate to say it, but I'm surprised he hasn't come back.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
He will. (I don't think he'll get a Prodigal Son welcome though)
He just hasn't had his big SDMB meltdown yet. Wait 'till he finishes his "My Pretty Jesus Part VII" thread series or until someone challenges him seriously in one of them.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Quote:
Originally posted by Fenris
He will. (I don't think he'll get a Prodigal Son welcome though)
He just hasn't had his big SDMB meltdown yet. Wait 'till he finishes his "My Pretty Jesus Part VII" thread series or until someone challenges him seriously in one of them.
I thought he had given up on that.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
sockittome isn't Liberal. I was contacted by them before they made this thread to ask permission.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Quote:
Originally posted by Excalibur
Quote:
Originally posted by Fenris
He will. (I don't think he'll get a Prodigal Son welcome though)
He just hasn't had his big SDMB meltdown yet. Wait 'till he finishes his "My Pretty Jesus Part VII" thread series or until someone challenges him seriously in one of them.
I thought he had given up on that.
No--he decided that
Quote:
I consider this work to be the most important thing I've ever done in my life.
--so it's more important than being a husband, a father, a grandfather....?
and came back to enlighten us all. And spew some lovely vaguely quasi-anti-Semitic stuff.*
*Exciting new rule in GD. If you respond to what the OP of a thread says, you're "hijacking".
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Quote:
Originally posted by Fenris
Quote:
Originally posted by Excalibur
Quote:
Originally posted by Fenris
He will. (I don't think he'll get a Prodigal Son welcome though)
He just hasn't had his big SDMB meltdown yet. Wait 'till he finishes his "My Pretty Jesus Part VII" thread series or until someone challenges him seriously in one of them.
I thought he had given up on that.
No--he decided that
Quote:
I consider this work to be the most important thing I've ever done in my life.
--so it's more important than being a husband, a father, a grandfather....?
and came back to enlighten us all. And spew some lovely vaguely quasi-anti-Semitic stuff.*
*Exciting new rule in GD. If you respond to what the OP of a thread says, you're "hijacking".
Oh my God, lollerz. I would read it myself except I bet it's actually mostly just boring and TLDR.
Can he really possibly be taking himself seriously? Like, could he really truly believe he's discovered something important about philosophy and theology? Or is it all part of some attempt to fleece a few dumb people into thinking he's a genius?
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
I was a bit pissed about his whole april fools joke.. What was the joke, anyway? He was storming out in a huff again not for real? I never really got the whole story.
Anyway, I was tired of hearing his name up and down and over and over about how his opinion mattered for whatever reason.. Might've just been that he posted 24/7 and was involved in everything. So I posted a thread.. or was it a response to a thread? Don't remember.. Saying "I'm here, I'm gone, I'm there, I'm here.. I'm angry today, I'm all better tomorrow.. I'm leaving today, I'm back" etc etc.. SHUT THE FUCK UP.
He responded with some sort of "You realize I have close friends on here etc etc etc... This place does a lot for my mental health etc etc etc... eh, ok.
I just apologized saying sorry, fine, if its that big a deal to you where if this or whatever message board didn't exist you'd die ok, fine, sorry. I post here when I feel like it and don't have this super uber connection to this place where I'd whither and die if it shut down.
And then later I find out its all a joke? What is this, a middle school lunch table? Hrmph, I'm gonna pretend to storm off so Katy feels all bad for making fun of me, and when she says sorry I'll come back and say HAHAHA I know you were stupid and wrong. And her hair is stupid too.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Nah, it's all just one huge fapfest for the fucker. He can probably curl a Cadillac one handed, what with all the workout his fapping arm gets--it's a wonder he can get to 40K+ posts using just the one hand. :roll:
ETA: Responding to Exy, duh...
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
I guess at this point in order to avoid hypocrisy I should retract my earlier comments about not thinking we should have a Liberal thread. :P
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Quote:
Originally posted by CRSP
sockittome isn't Liberal. I was contacted by them before they made this thread to ask permission.
Here's a clue, though, that sockittome IS Liberal--apparently, sockittome suffers from multiple personality disorder, whoever he or she is.
The Giraffe thread is one of the most fascinating I've read in quite a while--I thought I was a veteran Doper (thousands of posts dating back to 2002) and a veteran of many battles with Liberal, but I'm a piker compared to some of the posters in that thread. I had no idea that Satan, whom I met at my very first Dopefest, was so well respected--and that's only one of many grizzled vets I became aware by reading some of those trainwrecked threads referenced on Giraffeboards.
If I'd known how many times Liberal had flamed out before I first tussled with him, I don't think I could have ever gotten into it with him, or taken his money (alas, long since spent on political contributions).
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Someone called the thread "The Gospel Accorrding to Liberal."
(pepperlandgirl's analysis in chat the other night was absolutely fascinating -- and dead on, methinks)
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Quote:
Originally posted by Fenris
He just hasn't had his big SDMB meltdown yet. Wait 'till he finishes his "My Pretty Jesus Part VII" thread series or until someone challenges him seriously in one of them.
Yeah, I'm waiting for the mythical part 5 before I get serious, and I have a feeling others will be joining in then as well. Until then, I'm going to continue to needle him with small challenges of his buffoonery. Y'know...just to keep the kettle on a simmer.
-
Re: Liberal - who is this fuckwad really?
Quote:
Originally posted by Guinastasia
(pepperlandgirl's analysis in chat the other night was absolutely fascinating -- and dead on, methinks)
Any chance for a summary of pepperlandgirl's analysis?
Or should we just assume that everything that needs to be said already has been covered (or will be covered) in that Giraffe thread, and that we should let this thread sink like a stone to the bottom like one of Liberal's MPSIMS threads?
Truth is, if I knew that thread on GB was in full-bloom, I probably wouldn't have started one here. But I don't get over there much, so this seemed like the logical place to post it.
Based on what I've learned so far, no one has admitted to knowing the guy in real life yet (although I am sure some of you do), and the only person that has publicly stated that they like Liberal is jali.
I was hoping to get some real-life experiences here from those of you who have actually met him and his family, or stayed overnight :eek: or whatever. I guess until those people appear, he still seems to be a figment of his own imagination.
Hope you all had a great and Liberal-free weekend!