+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Characters That Were Totally Secretly Boning Each Other

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Characters That Were Totally Secretly Boning Each Other

Thread title carefully crafted to allow the inclusion of the occassional heterosexual couple.

Prince Humperdinck / Count Rugan - The Princess Bride. First of all, the prince is clearly completely unmoved by the charms of Princess Buttercup Penn. What possible reason is there to stage the assassination on their wedding night? Wouldn't the people of Florin be even more moved by her murder after say, a year long reign with her performing various charitable works? Or even a month? The only reason to kill her right after the wedding seems to be to spare Humperdinck from the terror of comsummation. And I hardly feel the need to go into all the significant glances and tender concern that Rugan directs toward Humperdinck.

Trowa / Quatre - Gundam Wing. I don't know if anyone here has seen this anime except for Loki and I but this isn't one of the boy's love shows set in a magical high school and geared toward squeeing fangirls. This is a violent show for boys who like giant robots. But on the very day that Trowa and Quatre meet (fighting opposite each other in battle, mind you), they perform a musical duet on the piano and flute. Gay. By the end of the series, Trowa has sacrificed his life for Quatre (he got better) and they apparently have developed a psychic bond that allows each to know what the other is feeling. They are clearly a unit of two. I guess I could accept "non-romantic soulmates" as an explanation for this, but what fun would that be?

Ok go - films, comics, TV, books, whatever.
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

For whom nothing is written. Oliveloaf's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Bert and Ernie.
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Gilligan and Mary Ann.
    The Professor and Ginger.

The movie version of Mary Poppins and Bert of course.
    Last edited by What Exit?; 15 Jun 2010 at 10:37 AM.

Registered
    Mar 2009

No way Gilligan was getting any May Ann action.

Now the Prof. may have been getting some Ginger. Ginger seems like the type
    to fall for the brooding intellectual.
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Feb 2009

Nah, actually the worldly Ginger was schooling the fresh-faced farmgirl Mary Ann in the ways of sapphic love.

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

As memorably set forth in Chasing Amy, Archie and Jughead were totally doin' it.

Jack Aubrey and Stephen Maturin. Totally. "Practicing our cello and violin." Is that what the sailors are calling it these days, fellas?
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

find me at Goodreads

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Dare I mention Holmes and Watson?

I think I do.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Oliveloaf
    No way Gilligan was getting any May Ann action.
    Did you ever think about why Gilligan always foiled the escape plans? He was getting it and never got it so good before the "accident".
    Quote Originally posted by Rube E. Tewesday View post
    Nah, actually the worldly Ginger was schooling the fresh-faced farmgirl Mary Ann in the ways of sapphic love.
    Well, maybe that too.
    Quote Originally posted by Orual View post
    Dare I mention Holmes and Watson?

I think I do.
    I think this was done in one of the 70s Sherlock Holmes movies and came close in the newest one.

Sad one: Dr. Smith probably got Will Robinson at least a few times. Though it was surely via drugs or alien technology.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Rube E. Tewesday View post
    Now here's a lost episode I'd spend money on.

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Feb 2009

The Three's Company chicks. Jack was literally their beard.
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by jali View post
    The Three's Company chicks. Jack was literally their beard.
    This one makes more sense than most. The blondes rotate, but the same slightly butch brunette remains. Hmmmmm.

Obeah Man, Mischief Maker, Lord of Bees Skald the Rhymer's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by What Exit? View post
    Gilligan and Mary Ann.
    The Professor and Ginger.
    I think you mean "Ginger and Mary Ann" and "the Professor and both of them."

The movie version of Mary Poppins and Bert of course.
    I don't think that was a secret so much as it was discreet. They just weren't into PDAs, especially around the kids.
    Last edited by Skald the Rhymer; 15 Jun 2010 at 02:45 PM.
    "Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon." (Chesterton)

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Zuul View post
    This one makes more sense than most. The blondes rotate, but the same slightly butch brunette remains. Hmmmmm.
    Janet was the brunette; the actress was Joyce DeWitt. I wouldn't call her butch so much as freaking hot. I never understood the fuss made about Suzanne Somers.
    "Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon." (Chesterton)

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Skald the Rhymer View post
    Janet was the brunette; the actress was Joyce DeWitt. I wouldn't call her butch so much as freaking hot. I never understood the fuss made about Suzanne Somers.
    I felt like she had a bit of a soft baby dyke thang going on. Rawr.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Pep hasn't appeared yet, so I'll say Kirk and Spock on her behalf. (Though she might argue that it wasn't a secret.)

Registered
    Mar 2009

She was very Joan Jett.

find me at Goodreads

Registered
    Mar 2009

Your pronoun reference is unclear. Joyce DeWitt had the baby dyke thing going on, or Suzanne Somers?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Your pronoun reference is unclear. Joyce DeWitt had the baby dyke thing going on, or Suzanne Somers?
    Joyce. The shag haircut is the dead giveaway.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Anyone every wonder if Laverne and Shirley were doing it their way?

-Jim Rockford

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Oliveloaf View post
    Anyone every wonder if Laverne and Shirley were doing it their way?
    No, I think Carmine and Laverne had something going on that Shirley never knew about. All the Italian guys I ever knew had the sweet, wholesome girl to take home to mother, and the "fun-loving" girl on the side.
    Last edited by Sarahfeena; 15 Jun 2010 at 03:45 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2009

What about Lenny and Squiggy?

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Sep 2009

Luke and Leia were totally bumpin' uglies between Empire and Jedi. Think about it, Leia was all distraught over Han being frozen and Luke was probably all freaked out over the whole Vader=Dad thing and losing his hand. Together they sought comfort in each other's arms.
    Give me whiskey when I'm thirsty,Give me a cold beer when I'm dry, Give me root beer when I'm sickly, Give me a headstone when I die.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Revs View post
    Luke and Leia were totally bumpin' uglies between Empire and Jedi. Think about it, Leia was all distraught over Han being frozen and Luke was probably all freaked out over the whole Vader=Dad thing and losing his hand. Together they sought comfort in each other's arms.
    That's not true! That's impossible!!!

Registered
    Mar 2009

That's not true! That's impossible!!!
    You are correct. Luke & Leia never shared a bed until after the events of RETURN OF THE JEDI. They tried and tried to stop, but just couldn't help themselves.

In other news, I believe the Fox did Redival at least once. It was her idea, and he was drunk, but that would never have mattered if the King had found out. Much less Orual.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

You do take delight in vexing me, Rhymer.

Registered
    Mar 2009

After having been properly chastised by Loki for forgetting about these two, I'm gonna have to mention Xena and Gabrielle. There's really no way they weren't involved. It actually truly perplexes me that there are still fans that don't accept this when they all but blatantly refer to each other as life partners, and the show openly refers to them as eternal soulmates that are a part of each other's lives in every incarnation. (yeah, I know. I roll my eyes at that too.) In fact, their "modern day incarnations" are married to each other.
    Taumpy: Oh noes, you aren't a super powerful wave of destruction.
    Panther Squad: It's true! My scythe does not shorn the biomonsters in great swaths like it ought!

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Taumpy View post
    After having been properly chastised by Loki for forgetting about these two, I'm gonna have to mention Xena and Gabrielle. There's really no way they weren't involved. It actually truly perplexes me that there are still fans that don't accept this when they all but blatantly refer to each other as life partners, and the show openly refers to them as eternal soulmates that are a part of each other's lives in every incarnation. (yeah, I know. I roll my eyes at that too.) In fact, their "modern day incarnations" are married to each other.
    We've had this argument before, I think, but that's never stopped me.

While I agree that Xena and Gabrielle had sex on multiple occasions, I don't think it was a regular or consistent thing through their relationship for several reasons--not least because Xena was always more in love with Gabrielle than the reverse, and because Gabrielle was fairly emotionally manipulative anyway. I don't think they ever did it before Xena's first major resurrection--that is, the one when Xena's body is briefly hijacked by the Warrior Princess' OTHER blond obsession. And I also think that they stopped after the Gabdrag for a very long time. And I don't think Gabby ever intended to be sexually monogamous anyway.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Seriously? There are still people who think Xena and Gabrielle weren't doing it?

By the end of the show, it was less subtext than text, I thought.

Registered
    Mar 2009

While I agree that Xena and Gabrielle had sex on multiple occasions, I don't think it was a regular or consistent thing through their relationship
    Okay. All I was arguing was that they were not just good pals.

ETA:
    I don't think they ever did it before Xena's first major resurrection--that is, the one when Xena's body is briefly hijacked by the Warrior Princess' OTHER blond obsession. And I also think that they stopped after the Gabdrag for a very long time.
    I don't think they were involved until after Xena's first real death. (ie, The Quest) Right after the body switch is way too close to Perdicus' death. I'm not gonna argue that Gabby wasn't at all emotionally manipulative, but you are way too hard on her. As for her cooling off after the Gabdrag. Um, wouldn't you?
    Last edited by Taumpy; 16 Jun 2010 at 02:33 PM. Reason: more words
    Taumpy: Oh noes, you aren't a super powerful wave of destruction.
    Panther Squad: It's true! My scythe does not shorn the biomonsters in great swaths like it ought!

Registered
    Mar 2009

You do take delight in vexing me, Rhymer.
    So you're saying Redival WOULDN'T have tried to manipulate the Fox to gain power over him?

Registered
    Mar 2009

I always thought that Yogi and Ranger Smith had something going on.

I think the whole picnic basket thing was born of sexual frustration.

I recall a rumor that late in the run of the series Ranger Smooth and Boo Boo had been seen
    leaving a motel outside of Yellowstone. Rumor continues that the Ranger and Yogi never spoke
    again. A disturbing twist on the tale is that Boo Boo would only have been about 15 in bear
    years at the time.

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Skald
    While I agree that Xena and Gabrielle had sex on multiple occasions, I don't think it was a regular or consistent thing through their relationship for several reasons--not least because Xena was always more in love with Gabrielle than the reverse, and because Gabrielle was fairly emotionally manipulative anyway.
    Sounds like marriage to me.
    Welcome to Mellophant.

We started with nothing and we still have most of it left.

Registered
    Mar 2009

In the anime Vision of Escaflowne there is so much effed up fucking going on in the open, so to speak, that some people allow themselves to be blinded by some of the even more effed up subtext.

There is this character, Dilandu, who is batshit insane. Dilandu is also in charge of an elite unit of pretty young men. Whom he disciplines in a rather sadosexual manner. And who are, to a man, devoted to him. Not only am I sure that Dilandu was using sex to control his unit, it was also a major factor for what stability he had. When they are killed, to a man, defending him - he goes batshit insaneR. In an effort to make Dilandu at least fake sanity long enough to go back to war, his higher ups give him a new unit, consisting of a single "man:" Jajuka, one of the beast-men that inhabit the world that the anime takes place in.

And yes, I am sure they were boning, too.

Dilandu, batshit insane version:

Dilandu, batshit insaneR version:

Jajuka:

Registered
    Feb 2009

Re: Dilandau - I'm impressed, Loki. Even my mind did not go right to sadomasochist gay orgy when I saw those scenes. And you're right, even if true that's hardly the most disturbing thing about his character. The big reveal about his character actually had me screaming aloud in horror and shock.
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Glazer View post
    Sounds like marriage to me.

find me at Goodreads

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Myrnalene View post
    Even my mind did not go right to sadomasochist gay orgy when I saw those scenes. And you're right, even if true that's hardly the most disturbing thing about his character. The big reveal about his character actually had me screaming aloud in horror and shock.
    No indeed. Although I'm pretty sure that every episode of that show ended with me screaming in horror.

Oh Escaflowne, how completely demented it is.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

So you're saying Redival WOULDN'T have tried to manipulate the Fox to gain power over him?
    Redival's tastes ran to young and pretty, I don't think she'd view a homely old slave as a viable bed-partner. I don't think she was smart enough to use sex as manipulation, anyways.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Myrnalene View post
    Trowa / Quatre - Gundam Wing.
    Every male character in this series slept with at least one other male character. With the exception of Wu Fei, who was a cold stone butch and screwed no one. I'll get you someday, Wu Fei!

Shared body or no, Tyler Durden and the narrator/Ed Norton's character were totally getting it on.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by RabbitMage View post
    Every male character in this series slept with at least one other male character. With the exception of Wu Fei, who was a cold stone butch and screwed no one. I'll get you someday, Wu Fei!
    /hijacks own thread

Wu Fei was the prettiest!

why are my DVDs in Alabama

Registered
    Mar 2009

Okay. All I was arguing was that they were not just good pals.

ETA:

I don't think they were involved until after Xena's first real death. (ie, The Quest) Right after the body switch is way too close to Perdicus' death.
    You're right; I was misremembering the sequence of episodes. Haven't seen 'em in years. Must check to see if they're on DVD.

I'm not gonna argue that Gabby wasn't at all emotionally manipulative, but you are way too hard on her. As for her cooling off after the Gabdrag. Um, wouldn't you?
    Perhaps, though Gabby's reasons may have been different than yours and mine would have been.
    Last edited by Skald the Rhymer; 23 Jun 2010 at 01:27 PM.

Mammuthus primigenius eleanorigby's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

House and Cuddy.

Sally Rogers and Mel. Why not? Or Sally and Alan Brady.

Aunt Bea and Floyd, before his drinking got too bad.

Gomer and Goober--Southern kissin' cousins indeed!

Potsie and Malph-Ralph

Magnum liked to watch those Dobermans go at it....

Tutie and Natalie from Facts of Life.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by eleanorigby View post
    House and Cuddy.
    Well, okay, but that wasn't secret, they had been seeing each other years before.

Okay, well, to contribute, Frodo and Sam.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by eleanorigby View post
    Tutie and Natalie from Facts of Life.
    Huh. And I would've thought Jo and Blair.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Huh. And I would've thought Jo and Blair.
    I'm not sure that's true. It was, however, quite obvious that Blaire was deeply, madly, and hopelessly in love with Jo; I'm just not sure that Jo reciprocated.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Exy View post

Okay, well, to contribute, Frodo and Sam.
    No, no. The thread title is Characters who were secretly boning each other. So Gimli and Legolas don't count either, or Merry and Pippin.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Cheers - Norm and Cliff

Taxi - Louis and Latka

Murphy Brown - Miles and Frank AND Corkey and Murphy

True.
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

Mammuthus primigenius eleanorigby's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I'm not sure that's true. It was, however, quite obvious that Blaire was deeply, madly, and hopelessly in love with Jo; I'm just not sure that Jo reciprocated.
    But the deep dark secret is Natalie and Mrs Garrett. Swear on my mother's grave!

Re House and Cuddy--I meant that was how he got that job in the first place.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Deeana Troi and everybody she "counselled".

Stegodon
    Registered
    Jan 2010

Rick Blaine and Signor Ferrari.

+ Reply to thread