+ Reply to thread

Thread: What CAN'T you do?

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default What CAN'T you do?

Come on, everyone has one...a simple thing that you've tried to learn, but just can't. Mine is that two-fingered piercing whistle. My brother can do one that could split your eardrum, and he tried and tried to teach me, but I just can't get it.

Or maybe it's something that everyone can do but you just never had the chance to learn, like one person I know who can't ride a bike.

Fess up, people!

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I cannot ice skate, never could and in fact I doubt I could even roller skate any more.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I can't whistle at all. Not with two fingers, not without fingers. Just nope, ain't happenin'.

I used to be able to do cartwheels, but lost the ability after breaking my wrist at eight. Same with backflips. Sigh.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I can't raise one eyebrow. I can't do that forced spitting that's so popular with scumbag kids.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I can't touch my nose with my tongue, although my sister can.

I can't climb a ladder higher than two stories - my vertigo becomes almost paralyzing.

I can't remember the names of most flowers and trees, no matter how hard I try. It's like my brain refuses to store them.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I can't tie my shoes so that they stay tied all day. Even my double knots tend to work their way loose.

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Elendil's Heir View post
    I can't touch my nose with my tongue, although my sister can.
    You let your sister touch your nose with her tongue?

Anyway, I can't:
    - do that two fingered wolf whistle. I can whistle a tune just fine, but not taxi-summoning whistle for me.
    - juggle. Tried to learn multiple times.
    - sleep in past about 7:00AM, no matter how late I was up the night before. No alarm needed. Today's Sunday. I was up at 6.
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

find me at Goodreads

Registered
    Feb 2009

I can't skate. This is a pretty big deal in Canada, although less so once you're middle-aged.

Balance just wasn't a strong point of mine as a kid, I guess.

Registered
    Sep 2009

OneCent, heh. You knew what I meant.

I can't juggle, either.

I can't memorize most complicated sequences or strings of things without using mnemonics.

I can't shoot pool or bowl worth a damn, although I have fun when I play.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I cannot eat a croissant without spreading crumbs everywhere.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by CatInASuit View post
    I cannot eat a croissant without spreading crumbs everywhere.
    Well, that's hardly unique. Nobody can eat a croissant without creating croisshrapnel.

find me at Goodreads

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quit you fuckers.
    Hell, if I didn't do things just because they made me feel a bit ridiculous, I wouldn't have much of a social life. - Santo Rugger.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Awww Ryan you ole divil, how are things? My bruvnor's spending some of Christmas in your fair city.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Tis a pretty place around Christmas, good choice. I'm well and hope you are the same.

You know what else I can't do? I can't throw a football without looking like some noodle armed geek, which is funny as I'm actually quite athletic, at least I was when it mattered. Something about a football though just gives me fits, I throw short, loopy, inaccurate footballs.
    Hell, if I didn't do things just because they made me feel a bit ridiculous, I wouldn't have much of a social life. - Santo Rugger.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Cluricaun View post
    You know what else I can't do? I can't throw a football without looking like some noodle armed geek, which is funny as I'm actually quite athletic, at least I was when it mattered. Something about a football though just gives me fits, I throw short, loopy, inaccurate footballs.
    This is actually me too. I know you're a bigger guy than I am, so it might not be the same case with you, but in my case it's simply that my hand is too small to grip a pro sized football well. I went from being a good passer in junior high school, to a purveyor of wounded ducks in high school and adulthood, simply because my friends and teams all graduated to a bigger football.

find me at Goodreads

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by OneCentStamp View post
    This is actually me too. I know you're a bigger guy than I am, so it might not be the same case with you, but in my case it's simply that my hand is too small to grip a pro sized football well.
    I think that's my problem too, but the really weird thing is that I don't exactly have small hands. I'm not Lennox Lewis or anything but I'm probably right at the mean for middle aged white guy hand size. I can throw Nerf footballs pretty well, but forget about a pro sized. Other guys that are the same size as me or even smaller don't seem to have this issue though, so I suspect that I might actually be a woman or Andy Dick.

Registered
    Mar 2009

American Manhood In Crisis: A 60 Minutes Special

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by The Original An Gadaí View post
    American Manhood In Crisis: A 60 Minutes Special
    Oh, believe me, having small hands makes me feel better about my manhood more often than worse.

find me at Goodreads

+ Reply to thread