+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Necessary Evil: Mission 1

Registered
    Feb 2011

Default Necessary Evil: Mission 1

Sometime in the last two days, the aliens slapped you in irons. Nullifiers, to be precise. You were wreaking havoc in Star City when the aliens performed one of their random sweeps. Some of you were spotted by dumb luck, others were ratted out by someone who has a very bad day coming sometime in the very near future.

You were transferred from one holding facility to another, and finally put on this M'buna, a weird alien transport ship. The alien K'tharen guards, and the V'sori agents who oversee the transfer, have just finished locking you into the back of the vessel. This transport is a mid-range vehicle and is most likely heading for one of those big Man o' Wars to take you off world. Rumor has it they like to dissect folks with super-powers to see what makes 'em tick.

At least if that's the case, you won't suffer alone. There are a few other capes in here as well. Some you recognize from their reputations. Some you don't. Some of you may have already been working together - taking advantage of Star City's current condition to plunder its survivors. Others may be completely new to the supervillain scene.

Either way, you're all in the same boat now, though, shackled in place and powerless, your gear and arms confiscated in a different section of the vehicle.

The door seals, and the guards move around to start the vehicle.

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Who's here? I look around and take stock of our situation.

Registered
    Feb 2011

The prison transport is carrying every member so far described.

(CatInASuit) Cody Simpson, "Flicker", master thief and teleporter. Due to the "Wanted" background, it is likely he is well known to anyone who is aware. A former member of the Sparrow gang, who specialized in bank robbery.
    (Malacandra) Faraday Damper, "Terawatt", a mercenary with with electrical powers and half-decent gadgeteer.
    (WhatExit?) Fítheal Mac Mongán, a druid and supposed True Fae. Distinctive appearance - very, very tall, thin, semi-translucent man with greenish hued skin and green hair.
    (Appleciders) Nicole Anderson, "Lovelace", tech guru. This 19-year-old master hacker is unfortunately well known to the V'sori due to her actions before and after the invasion having come to government awareness. They are well aware of her danger and have made it clear on all channels to seek this digital terrorist.
    (Chatelaine) Ninienne, "Deca", an Atlantean beserker who survived the assault on Atlantis and has taken much of the fight to the surface world. She is distinctive for the visible spikes protruding from her back.

Every member is likely to know Lovelace and Flicker. The rest is the prerogative of the players.

You are all seated in the same transport, in very secure high-tech manacles, your powers wholly disabled and gear stored elsewhere.
    Last edited by Ramses; 15 Mar 2011 at 09:19 PM.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Fítheal calmly works at picking the manacles with conventional means. "Excuse me, anyone have a pin or stiff metallic object on them? I would like to get out of these manacles. Fítheal Mac Mongán at your service." He is checking transport for anything that could possibly be used.

He has probably exhausted his attempts at using magic with only voice to release himself. I'm assuming nothing works? Are there any resources available to us?

Registered
    Feb 2011

The nullifier has canceled any parahuman abilities, including magical energies. Even were you able to use a spell solely with somatic components, it would not work.

There is nothing with which to pick the locks; in fact, the locks are magnetically sealed, high-tech alien bonds. The chances of being able to pick them even with a bobby pin seems exceptionally unlikely.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Guess I shoulda joined the resistance after all. Currently there ain't a lot I can do to rectify the situation. But maybe someone's gonna switch sides and make a potential difference. Till then I just gotta conduct myself best I can.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Huh. "Bobby pin? I have one in my hair. Any suggestions on how I get it out, given that we're shackled in such a way that I can't reach my head?"

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

"Don't sweat it, girlie. I could maybe nibble it outta your hair with my lips, for all the good that'd do us. I'm good, but I ain't no Kung Fu Panda style magic snow leopard what could do it all with one feather, and as for the green guy here, I figure he's barkin' up the wrong tree."

*grins ferally*

"They called me Terawatt. Figure it don't much matter what you wanna call me for the few hours we got left 'fore we all get dissected. If you call them space aliens nasty enough names, maybe they'll take you first so you don't have to listen to what happens to the rest of us."
    Last edited by Malacandra; 12 Mar 2011 at 02:17 PM.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Registered
    Feb 2009

"I suggest we be ready to make a break for it if the chance presents itself. I further suggest if any of us get free, we attempt to free the others. It will cause extra confusion and allow more of us a chance to escape. Though I suppose that won't be an issue for Flicker."

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

"Thanks, genius. Trust me, any chance I get to go out on my feet, I'm takin' it - tho' I'd just as soon pump a few killer-joules through some of the Space Invaders first, and I hope it mega-hurts."
    Librarians rule, Oook

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

"Fair enough, greenie. Anyone gets me out of these shackles and I'll see what I can't do to ground this transport. I'll be able to get into their network easily enough."
    Last edited by Appleciders; 12 Mar 2011 at 05:58 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2011

Deca makes no such promise at all. She eyes her companions with something akin to disgust and then lets her head fall back between her shoulder blades so that it rests on one of the protrusions from her back. She'd already tried to break the shackles, no good and with the nullifiers, she knew perfectly well that having others kick her wouldn't even help. She figured if there was any chance of escape at all she'd have enough trying to fight off the alien guards on her own.

Land walkers were always so interested in teaming up. Amateurs.

She snorts, loud enough to attract the attention of the other prisoners. "We're supposed to trust you? I'm supposed to trust any of you?" She scoffs and mumbles something sarcastic about 'letting the others out' before looking directly at Flicker. "You I know I can't trust. You ask me, any one of you guys figure out how to get the hell out of these, save yourself. 'S what I'm going to do."

Registered
    Feb 2009

"MY NAME IS Fítheal Mac Mongán, THESE ALIENS ARE KILLING MY PLANET, THEY SHOULD PREPARE TO DIE. MY NAME IS NOT GREENIE. I AM STUDIED IN ANCIENT LORE AND I WILL NOT DIE HERE THIS DAY."

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

"Sure, you're the awesome all-knowin' nature spirit lord of death and vengeance and anyone crosses you is gonna get cursed so bad God hisself ain't gonna find the pieces with a microscope. That's how come you're just as locked up as the rest of us.

"An' thanks, spinyback. Man's in a tight spot like this, a few kind words like yours is all he needs."

Hmm, now if he nibbled that bobby pin outta Lovelace's hair, maybe he could short out the shackles just so... right about the time a passle of winged monkeys came flying outta his butt.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Double post crap again.
    Last edited by Malacandra; 13 Mar 2011 at 05:05 AM.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Registered
    Feb 2009

Flicker meets the Atlanteans gaze with a cool one of his own, "No, I wouldn't trust me either, it's in short supply these days."

Looking back down the area, he addresses the large green guy, "Hey, Greenie, Fitzy, Mongo, whatever, do us all a favour and shut the fuck up. Personally, I would prefer to die here today than become a lab rat for some space alien."

He gives a professional nod to Terawatt and the teenager near him then looks back at the Atlantean, "so many ifs and maybes, but the only way we are getting out of here, is if someone else wants us out of here. This is a one way ticket to lab hell. Oh and as for escaping, in these things", he says as he shakes the nullifiers, "the only way these are coming off is if you know where the key is. Probably attached to one of those guards, who won't be coming back into this area without a very, very good reason. Let me know if you can think of one."

Flicker settles back down waiting for the inevitable lift off of the craft.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Feb 2011

Suddenly, the M'buna flies into the air! This, for anyone well studied in the alien craft, know this is rare; the M'buna is a strictly terrestrial vehicle, and while it can gain altitude, it has increasing maneuvering difficulty the higher it hovers off of the ground. Moreover, the process of its altitude gain is not swift, but a steady rise. Yet they feel the world shift, as the M'buna hurls upward... and then feel as their world turns over. It isn't flying, they realize, but being tossed. The M'buna flips end over end, sending you all tumbling, pulling against your restraints and slamming into one another as the floor goes out from under you. And then goes over you. And then goes under you again.

Suddenly, the M'buna slams to the ground, on its base, leaving you all shaken and banged up inside of the vessel as it comes to rest. There are a series of explosions which rock the ship, and garbled cries heard through even the thick walls of the M'buna, energy weapons being fired, the distinctive burnt-ozone smell of the Fin weaponry issuing forth. The last explosion upends the vehicle again, and you feel yourselves lift up for a moment, before the vehicle slams back down, this time the doors blown off in the doing. There is smoke everywhere, not that the world outside is exposed, and blood covering the street below. It's not human blood; a V'sori and the a Fin guard sent with the convoy lay bloodied and dead within the expanse visible from the open bay doors. What it all looks like on the sides and fore of the ship are any of their guesses, but a shape is visible through the smoke.

The figure is familiar as he strides closer, a massive gun held over his shoulder casually as he comes before the group. There is no mistaking the famous form of Earth's most powerful supervillain, and the leader of the Omega resistance, Doctor Destruction.

"Who wants to live?" he asks, his voice powerful and booming through the synthesized feed emitted through his mask. Behind him, a group of green-suited minions are walking forward towards the downed V'sori transport. Then, amidst them, they are clearing a space, as shortly, an anti-gravity personal carrier descends from the sky, tech which bears the markings of Dr. Destruction as well.

(Dr. Destruction:
    And sounds like an megaphoned Christopher Lee. )
    Last edited by Ramses; 15 Mar 2011 at 09:46 PM.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Destruction! Whooo-eeee. He was always kinda too big for me to buy into a share of his business, but you gotta be a cement-head not to have heard of him.

*Rolls to his feet with what grace he can*

"Ain't had a better offer'n that today. Man likes to kick ass for himself when it wants kickin', but let's not be ungrateful here - that was some good timin'."
    Last edited by Malacandra; 14 Mar 2011 at 06:42 PM.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

(Weird. My post has swapped places with the one above.)

[ed: Fixed! -Magnificent Ramses]
    Last edited by Ramses; 15 Mar 2011 at 09:48 PM.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Registered
    Feb 2009

"I would like to live and I would love to get these offensive bracelets off." Fítheal crawls away from the wreckage and gets to his feet.

As an aside to Terawatt, "Tis a good day to live, is it not?"

Registered
    Feb 2011

Stepping forward amongst the still-chained crew, he stepped past them, through the middle of their area, and ripped the bolts free of the wall which kept Fitheal and Terawatt attached to the cargo area. He did not have access to the access codes needed to de-activate the locks, and did not seem particularly interested in finding them as he freed the two. Both of them were immediately seen to by his green jumpsuited minions, who dragged them back towards the anti-grav carrier he set up.

As they're pulled free, they see all of the guards for the convoy laid out dead along the street. The street itself was partially demolished, with smoking wreckage standing in for vehicles. Dr. Destruction sure did a number to bring the M'buna to heel, and took apart the forces which were transporting them. Clearly, he assumed an agreement to a desire to live was tacit agreement to be hauled off to his own transport rather than this V'sori one, and didn't reveal much beyond that. He did not, either, have any interest in yet removing those 'offensive bands', keeping their abilities suppressed to human limits.

Also visible would be four minions who drew a massive lockbox from mid-ship, away from the passenger area, which was marked CONTRABAND. It was hauled towards the anti-grav as well, to be stowed.
    Last edited by Ramses; 14 Mar 2011 at 07:24 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Ah well, to every season its time. Better Dr. Destruction then the alien scum."

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Whatever Destruction's got in mind, it's got to be better than what the V'sori have planned. "I'll take that offer."

As the manacles come off the wall, though, I'll try to tap into whatever networks are around. It seems possible that the nullifiers might stutter as they are removed from the wall, or as they move away from the ship.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

"There's some stuff of mine aboard that pile of scrap. I'll be more use with it than without."
    Librarians rule, Oook

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Well Atlantean", says Flicker, "if you want to take any fight to the enemy, now's your chance because that's the person to impress. Stay and die, or accept and live, your choice, but I know which I am taking."

Turning to Dr Destruction, "I would be interested in living."

Registered
    Feb 2011

The tumbling of the craft and being tossed about might have helped Deca's situation if not for the nullifiers. In the end, she lands in a heap along with the others, surprised as anything to see Dr. Destruction standing there as though he would save them. Fat chance. She had been just about to answer Flicker too, but now she remains silent, watching Dr. Destruction.

His question seemed to be an easy one to answer. "I do," she responds to his query about living. It is a simple question, but the answer is fraught with meaning. He's obviously not here doing pro bono work. Even amongst the Atlanteans he is well known and not because he is the world's hero. Still, for granting her another chance at life he's getting the benefit of being the lesser of two evils. She waits for him to undo those shackles but waits rather than volunteering any information. Again her gaze catches Flicker's. She knows which choice she'd rather take as well.

Registered
    Feb 2011

All of them agree readily to be given a second chance at life, and all of them are in short order hauled out of the wrecked M'buna and dragged onto the massive troop carrier he landed in, along with the many green-suited minions who race in as one of them shouts, "We have incoming! We need to go!"

Dr. Destruction grunted in response and boarded the ship, gesturing 'up', blatantly ignoring any of their protestations or complaints, including Terawatt's complaint about retrieving his gear. The door seals instantly behind Dr. Destruction, and thrusters were felt as the ship suddenly went airborne. Destruction's minions see to it that the ship races north through the sky, cloaked from easy detection. At this point, he takes this time to address the villains.

His green minions, as he orates, moves forward and places small lumps of clay and tiny receivers onto each villain's nullifier manacles.

"You might think," he began, "that I rescued you because I am in awe of your amazing powers. You'd be wrong. You can all be cut into flank steaks on a V'sori examination table for all that I really care. They can dismantle your equipment and repurpose it for their light bulbs for all the respect I hold for you at this moment," he directed the last comment to Terawatt, who took the time to kvetch for his gear.

"No. I rescued you for two reasons. The first is because it draws the fins away from my real target. They will try to find me, after such a daring and brazen assault. Cut off the head of Omega's kraken to slay the entire beast. The second is because I can always use a new Omega cell operating under my command. You have all served the first purpose respectably, and for it, you have my dear thanks for being in the right place at the right time.
    "On to the second issue - if you want in, and can prove yourselves to me tonight, you will have my support and aid. If you're not interested, well, let's just say you will be." While he spoke, he walked around them, placing a powerful hand on each of their shoulders. A special moment of pause occurs before Ninienne, and he looks at her with consideration. Finally, he turns and stalks towards the front of the vessel from the group, where his minions are securing goods.

At this point, he strides up the ramp further from the manacled villains, and strikes a button. A screen drops down between the two, sealing the front of the ship and separating them from the dangerous tyrant. Just then, the back hatch they were pushed into in the first place opens, and they are sucked out into the sky, still manacled and powerless.

Along with them, one following each near their manacled hands, is a small disc that seems to be floating idly but keeping pace with the plummeting prisoner, with two hand-holds on each side. Also visible is the CONTRABAND container, which is lowering with the group, on a disc of its own.

{You have precious few seconds before you hit the ground,} he projects his thoughts into their minds. {With the touch I placed on you, I linked our minds. I can communicate at the speed of thought; but be assured, this link still only gives so long before the miles below you become feet. One of your few seconds will be gone by the time I finish this offer, so I suggest you still think quickly.
    {There's a prisoner in the holding pens below you named Mindjack. You might have heard of him - he pulled the Amij Diamond job last summer. He's somewhere inside and I want him. If you agree to break him out and bring him to the center of the camp alive for extration.... I'll blow your nullifiers off so you can grasp the discs floating near you and survive the fall. They will take you to the entry point. If you tell me to go ... what is the idiom, 'fuck myself', well, I hope you impact a Fin on the way down.}

The world continues to race at them, time wasting during his offer even if it is projected at the speed of thought, not the speed of language. {Find Mindjack. Bring him to the center of camp. I'll pick those who survive up after I deal with any remaining V'sori ships flying in. It won't end there. I can find you wherever you go now. I can help you and show you how we can defeat the invaders who took over our playground, or I can point you out to them like wounded prey to a hound.}
    {It's your choice.}
    {I see you have approximately 7 seconds before impact.}
    {6...}

The clouds part, and you can see it coming up at you. The ground in the distance, then soon, what looks like some sort of center. Racing closer. The velocity is deadly and without powers, unlikely any of you can survive.

(( If you, legitimately, think "I will help you in exchange for my life", or "I want these aliens to pay", or "anything god please anything", the explosive the minions placed on your manacles detonate, freeing your hands to grasp the disc in front of you, to slow your fall. It will descend you to the roof of the main building. If you think, "I'll say yes, but kill you/leave as soon as they're off..." well, the building is still your immediate trajectory, except now you'll serve his mission as a projectile weapon.

...4...))

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

"Fair enough."

Who is Mindjack? Have I heard of him? As soon as I hit ground, I'll start tapping broadcasts and wireless networks, trying to learn what I can about Mindjack. Maybe that will hint about where and how he's being held, and how he can help us once we've gotten his nullifiers off.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

"You got a deal, Doc."

Too bad two of my most useful powers are offline until I get myself tooled up again, but there's still stuff I can do once I'm not manacled and nullified, and I'm sure DD knows best.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Registered
    Feb 2011

( If the members who agree, therefore living, inspect the box that landed next to them that says CONTRABAND, it contains all the personal effects of all five villains.

Mindjack is a fairly well known villain. He's tall and lean with sandy blond hair. He is most famous for being constantly in the wrong place at the wrong time; back in the day, the type to rob a bank while Champion was there in his civilian identity. That sort of thing. He is very cheery and upbeat, however, and was rather capricious with his mind control when he was a proper villain before the V'sori conquest.)
    Last edited by Ramses; 16 Mar 2011 at 03:33 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Working for the biggest boss of them all, where do I sign up?", thinks Flicker with a grin.

He looks forward to landing on the roof and expects everyone else to do the same.

Registered
    Feb 2011

Really, it isn't as though they had much choice about being in the right place at the right time. Given one, Deca's sure she would have chosen differently, not for the sake of Dr. Destruction, but certainly for the sake and honor of her Atlantean body. His gratitude in that regard was useless and ironic at best. She sneers, and stares at him mutely while he considers her. While his minions are doing their work, bringing her, she assumes, one step closer to having the choices she so wants.

It's the horror of being tossed off the vehicle that finally pushes through Deca's near infinite arrogance and pride. Nothing more horrifying for someone born in the sea than falling helplessly through the air. She doesn't struggle, but long before Destruction finishes his monologue she already knows her answer.

"YES." Agreement. The nullifier is shattered, she grabs the disk and lands squarely beside the others here. Grumpy does not even begin to describe her right now. It's been a bad day for the Atlantean. She's got more than enough rage to take out on the K'tharens or V'sori in here. From within the box she pulls out her own personal effects, including her electro-lance and waits. She's not the typical idea person.

"Don't any of you touch me unless you want to be the bait," she thinks without any explanation. And then a moment later explanation comes, reluctantly. "Toxins run along my skin that will paralyze you." They'd been warned. She figures the rest is on their heads.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Picking up his effects, Flicker turns back to the Atlantean. "That must make getting close to people tricky then, I guess I won't be shaking your hand anytime soon."

Addressing all in the group, "Call me Flicker, I can teleport, usually for personal gain, what do I call the rest of you?"

Registered
    Feb 2009

"I Fítheal Mac Mongán accept and will work with you as long as it is against the cursed fins" I grab the disk and hold on tight. I plan on a healing spell for when I land. I then plan to bring up a shield against the fins primary weapons. "Is anyone else hurt?"

Registered
    Feb 2011

( No one should be particularly hurt, unless you prefer so; you all land safely, thanks to the discs decelerating your landing to feather-light touchdown. )

The compound has a tall, 12' outer chain-link fence you can see from your vantage point on the main roof, and one gate with a well-lit guardhouse. It is a small facility, but well guarded from outside, by the defenses visible on the other side, such as massive gun batteries pointed outward. They were prepared for entry from the road primarily. Inside, there are a series of large buildings, none of the other three you can see which have a courtyard between them - you on the largest, where the road leads up to from the gate. Between the gate and here, there is a newly founded building made of concrete. It is lit, and two-layered. The trek is easily a hundred yards of open ground.

The team's dramatic landing into the roof of the main prison shortly draws the lights and alarms of the guards. Lights begin rushing towards the party, who stand about, in prison jumpsuits, outfitting themselves from the contraband box. Mechanical sounds are heard in the distance, what sounds like power-armor to those who've run into the V'sori attack parties before. Drones. Presumably humans who work for the V'sori, cyborg things in full body armor with visors and an array of weaponry.

If this is what Dr. Destruction was causing a distraction for, it is likely a godsend for the team; the buildings you are on look like they were actual housing, but the response force seems small for a facility guarding metahumans. It is likely this was where the M'buna was taking you when it was attacked.
    Last edited by Ramses; 16 Mar 2011 at 08:42 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Ok all, time to get off this roof and get out of sight. We need to know where Mindjack is and what's guarding him. Also, we need to avoid those drones as long as we can."

Is there any obvious way off the current roof into the buildings below us?

Registered
    Feb 2009

"If you give me a little time, I can try to locate Mindjack using one of my spells. Perhaps we can cut a hole in the roof and drop into this building?"

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

"Why cut a hole in the roof? Rumor has it that Flicker can move other people, so how 'bout he just moves us all down below?"

I'll start by tapping into the local security camera feeds and showing us dropping off the roof to the ground, injuring ourselves, then running away. Then I'll try to tap into the local wireless network, if I can, and see what I can learn about this facility and Mindjack's location.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"What about Deca? Does she need to be touched?"

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

All right. Time to tool up - it feels a lot better knowing I can fly and zap if I have to, and right now it's probably worth putting the bulletproof gear on too. Lovelace has got the subtle stuffed covered, so unless there's a real old-fashioned lock to pick or power supply to short out, I'll find some cover to skulk in and keep an eye out for interruptions. Anything shows up, it's in for a shocking time.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Registered
    Feb 2011

Deca looks at Flicker, then at the others. She's not interested in being left alone while the others find Mindjack. On the other hand, she recognizes she's probably the most well equipped right now to handle the V'sori and their weapons. Anything except nullifiers.

"I can cover the rest of you." She shrugs. "Touch the clothes, not the skin, you should be fine." That doesn't mean much. Atlanteans, and Deca particularly do not wear much and her clothes reveal plenty of skin for the very purpose they are trying to avoid right now.

"So which is it?" She waits for some response.

Registered
    Feb 2011

There is no clearly intended way off of the roof; no access path anyway. Can jump down from it to the ground below. Can destroy the roof to go to the level below it. Can try to hang on the edge and jump down to a landing.

Drones are incoming still. There are no 'corners' to hide in on the roof.

Fitheal can spot that there are four armored drones rushing this way.

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Any luck tapping into the networks?

Registered
    Feb 2011

Sorry about that!

Yes. Considering your Broadcast ability, it's fairly straightforward for you to tap into the systems, in theory. They are protected, but by focusing your will (and a Computer roll I made on your behalf) you are able to tap into the local networks, directly below you. The video feeds you can tap into, due to the backdoors, are this one at the moment. There is a lot of data and with the security protection, you can focus only on one at a time, and this let you in easier. The four buildings around you are proper barracks, retrofitted for V'sori and K'tharen troops. These were clearly offices at one point, and one of the four buildings - the one you're on right now - is still intended for administrative purposes.

The K'tharen chambers have video surveillance, but the rooms for the V'sori officers have no video feed through them. There is no one in any of the four buildings. It seems the distraction your escape made did very well at emptying out the facility.

Drones, as stated, are nearing; would you like to access another area of the compound?

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

"The other buildings here are barracks. The one below us is mostly administrative. I say we go down, and quickly."

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Right, we don't have long before either those drones get here, or the guards come back from chasing Destruction. Ground floor first and break in for cover."

Flicker heads to the side of the roof at the front.

"Anyone who can fly down, do so. Anyone who can't, wait by the side of the roof right here and I will get you down."

"You", he says pointing at Deca, "put the prison jumpsuit back on, cut the sleeves off if you really have to."

He holds the gun up, looks over the side and there is a brief flicker of light, shimmering into nothing as he vanishes, leaving behind a voice fading away "and I still don't know those ladies' names...."

Registered
    Feb 2009

Fítheal casts a spell of flying to follow the rest down.

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

If there's a handy way to get down with her autograpnel, Lovelace will do so. Otherwise, she'll wait by the edge. In either case, she'll keep watching security feeds, switching from building to building as necessary, trying to learn where Mindjack is being held.

Registered
    Feb 2009

If it is safe at the bottom, or at least clear of enemies for the moment, Flicker will try and teleport Lovelace to him.

If Deca appears as well, the same again.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Terawatt flies down. If there's a low-tech lock needing to be sprung, I'll spring it.
    Librarians rule, Oook

+ Reply to thread