+ Reply to thread

Thread: PodCast Help Needed

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default PodCast Help Needed

1. In conjunction with my blog about Dementia/Alzheimer's Disease, I would like to feature a podcast once a week (twice if possible). Because I have limited funds, free or cheap would be good.

2. Several of you have already suggested some sites to begin with (podBean being one of these), and I am now ready for download (have my mic, material, etc).

3. Because of the dementia, however, this needs to be as simple a program as possible. What this means is, I still have enough cognitive function to read directions, but If I have to do a lot of funky stuff (other than play YouTube videos or include images), then I'd probably be lost.

4. Because I used to be in radio years ago, I still have the voice and the wherewithal to read material I have written. I just need the technical aspect to be as simple as possible.

5. Because I can't pay someone to do this for me, I would be happy to give someone producer's/engineers credit, just for helping me get set up. (You'd be forever included in the end credits - if not your real name, then just your mellophant nick)

6. I know most podcasts feature music with no voice or all voice with no music, but it is my plan to include both, including the latest developments in Dementia/Alzheimer's Research in addition to the political aspect of providing better care for those of us with the disease.

7. In short, this isn't going to be one of those off the cuff, thrown together at the last minute things, but something I will have worked on all week and presented as professionally as I did when I was a broadcaster in the 70's and mid 80's.

8. I don't know how much bandwidth 5 bucks a month would get me, but divided into 4 weeks, I think that this would provide me with enough time to provide interesting programming.

9. I'd be interested in hearing your comments and getting you aboard 'Where To, Bud? - The Podcast"

Thanks

Quasi/Bill
    Please visit my Dementia/Depression Blog at http://www.wheretobud.blogspot.com Because of troll activity, it is now by invitation only. So if you'd like to read, please PM me, thanks.

Registered
    Mar 2009

This is great, but unfortunately I know nothing about any of this. Giving this a bump so hopefully someone else will see!

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Zuul View post
    This is great, but unfortunately I know nothing about any of this. Giving this a bump so hopefully someone else will see!
    That's okay, Zuul. It might actually be beneficial for me to launch all this on my own, thereby having the "hands-on" necessary to actually learn podcasting.

Wouldn't hurt to have a technical advisor, though!

Thanks

Q
    Please visit my Dementia/Depression Blog at http://www.wheretobud.blogspot.com Because of troll activity, it is now by invitation only. So if you'd like to read, please PM me, thanks.

+ Reply to thread