+ Reply to thread

Thread: I pit the ignorant Janet Napolitano

Sophmoric Existentialist
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default I pit the ignorant Janet Napolitano

Janet Napolitano? Ignoranus.

This is borderline insanity. The most worrisome American official confronting Canada today is a former Arizona governor who thinks the U.S. northern border, which she’s only flown over and never actually crossed on the ground, is a security threat on par with the drug-running, immigrant-smuggling, terrorist-sneaking border wall with Mexico.
    http://digital.vancouversun.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

Not sure about the protocols of putting a link directly into a post. If I'm doing something wrong, let me know, s'il vous plait?
    Sophmoric Existentialist

I've had better days, but I don't care! hatesfreedom's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: I pit the ignorant Janet Napolitano

Obviously the only solution is the annexation of Canada and the formation of a new empire. Why would you deny us this dream?

Registered
    Apr 2009

Of course, in terms of national security, it is perhaps a bigger threat than the shorter southern border. I assume she is referring to terrorists entering the country as the link didn't go anywhere.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

All borders present dangers and vulnerabilities, which is the point she's making. The same border is as much a threat to Canada as it is to the United States.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Does "Ignoranus" mean "Stupid asshole"?
    Librarians rule, Oook

Sophmoric Existentialist
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Malacandra
    Does "Ignoranus" mean "Stupid asshole"?
    Yes, it does.

The link didn't go anywhere? I guess because it's a subscription site. I'm pretty useless at this sort of thing. I will try to find time to clip a few more quotes from the article.

Yes, the objectionable part was her assertion that the 9/11 hijackers went to the US via Canada.
    Sophmoric Existentialist

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

She has since clarified her remarks, and the Canadians seem pacified.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s ... 1/20090421

Registered
    Mar 2009

I have been saying for years, and will repeat now, that the idea of making the border with Canada a leak-proof border seems like an effort doomed to failure. And expensive failure at that. The US cannot seal the border with Mexico, in spite of many formidable natural barriers. The idea of being able to seal the border with Canada, given that for 2/3 of its length (Just with the lower 48 - I'm ignoring the border with Alaska) there are no natural barriers is asinine.

The Soviets couldn't seal the border between West and East Berlin. And that was a matter of 87 miles of barrier. It involved hundreds of men in military style fortifications.

How the Hell does anyone with a working brain plan to close the border along, say, North Dakota?

Registered
    Mar 2009

We'll just put landmines in North Dakota. Problem solved!
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by OtakuLoki
    How the Hell does anyone with a working brain plan to close the border along, say, North Dakota?
    Show Canadians pictures of North Dakota?
    "The Turtle Moves!"

Registered
    Apr 2009

They'd just think it's Saskatchewan.

Sophmoric Existentialist
    Registered
    Mar 2009

North Dakota is what Saskatchewanites regard as 'the south'.
    Sophmoric Existentialist

Registered
    Mar 2009

Whew. First I thought that Johnette Napolitano had done something that would make me less able to enjoy my old Concrete Blonde recordings. Then I thought that Americans had started to worry about Saskatchewan.

The last time that came up for me, as I recall, was when Rick Mercer, in his "Talking To Americans" special, wandered around the U.S. and asked if people approved of the President's decision to resume bombing Saskatchewan. They did.

I'd really appreciate it if they didn't.

Winner of the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize GingerOfTheNorth's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

She's got it wrong, for sure. We (myself and several others I refuse to name) entered after 9/11 in order to subvert the American economy.

So far, so good!

I'd rather that North Dakota isn't mined. It's the part on my trip home where it starts to look like home.
    I don't think so, therefore I'm probably not.

Yes, I'm a cat. What's it to you? Muffin's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Northwestern Ontario 48°17'42.8"N,89°23'21.2"W

Where do these morons come from, and why are they put in responsible positions?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Muffin
    Ask Obamessiah.
    Vintage Wrench Collector Tool Talk
    Photographer My Flickr
    PapawsImages
    Brazoria County Forum

Libertarian Autocrat Vox Imperatoris's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Papaw
    Quote Originally posted by Muffin
    Ask Obamessiah.
    Now, I actually agree with you, but why did you feel the need to stir stuff up like that?
    Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
    Return of Blümchen! (To my Avatar spot.)
    Last.fm Pandora Political Compass
    Mentes Liberae et Mercatūs Liberi

Registered
    Mar 2009

Sorry, just kidding, sorta. Seems some of his appointees are dis-appointees. People on the left said many things much worse about the last administration, but get their panties in a wad over this kind of dig.(not meaning you, of course)
    Photographer My Flickr
    PapawsImages
    Brazoria County Forum

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Sorry, just kidding, sorta. Seems some of his appointees are dis-appointees. People on the left said many things much worse about the last administration, but get their panties in a wad over this kind of dig.(not meaning you, of course)
    So, you're saying that folks on the right are into responsible, effective government -- now that having one would no longer interfere with your ambitions?

Libertarian Autocrat Vox Imperatoris's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Excalibur
    So, you're saying that folks on the right are into responsible, effective government -- now that having one would no longer interfere with your ambitions?
    Some people on the right are corrupt and unprincipled, willing to expand big government, like the Bush administration. Some are not. They are not a monolithic organization. The most important difference is between social and fiscal conservatives; the former are much more interested in government "compassion" and social interference, just with different ideas from liberals about how to interfere.

And of course, many politicians have no real principles at all, and are just running on whatever will get them elected. Of course those people are not going to keep their pledges to relinquish their power when it is handed them on a silver platter.
    Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
    Return of Blümchen! (To my Avatar spot.)
    Last.fm Pandora Political Compass
    Mentes Liberae et Mercatūs Liberi

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Excalibur
    Don't put words into my mouth.I never said anything like that. Just made a comment about some of the new appointees. In my case, the administration makes little difference to my ambitions. It is my opinion that the current administration is on the wrong path in several ways, but the American voters elected them, so we will live with it. At least until enough voters see the "Change" is not really change and perhaps move more to the center.
    Washington is not really about who is President, it is who the bureaurocrats are. That has not changed much.
    As often is the case, someone from the left is upset by a statement against their people, despite their own similar statements in the past, which were much more hateful and unfounded.
    Photographer My Flickr
    PapawsImages
    Brazoria County Forum

+ Reply to thread