+ Reply to thread

Thread: Fictional Characters You Relate to

Registered
    Mar 2018

Default Fictional Characters You Relate to

Hey everyone! :3 You know those characters you just click and connect with? Who you see yourself in to the point of it being scary, almost like the writers follow you around and write your lifestory? No, just me. Okay.

Well, which fictional characters when mixed together, fit your personalty? Or just, a character than you have a special connection with.

I think I'm like a combination of Kif Kroker from Futrama, Lapis Lazuli from Steven Universe, and Dawn Bellwether from Zootopa.

Like Kif, I'm very awkward and timid. I tend to stumble over my words and always have been that strange, shy kid. I can also be a doormat. Poor little alien. I feel for that guy and I have been in situations where I feel pushed around.

For Lapis, she and I tend to linger on our emotions. I try to be positive but when pushed, I can be really bitter. She has done some terrible things but she was backed into a corner to that point. She is also very loyal to her friends, like me. The few friends who she has learned she can trust. She has trouble trusting but once she does, she's fiercely loyal. (The Jasper fans will probably read my the riot act for that one.)

Dawn is an interesting case. Spoilers if anyone hasn't seen the movie but it came out in 2016 so... I know she did some terrible things but I kind of somehow, see myself in her in her mannerisms. I think she started out well-intentioned but was bullied by her boss and predators so she wanted a change and resorted to malicious measures. When her true colors are revealed, even if she had malicious horrible intensions, those were the cries of a sheep who had been bullied all her life and wasn't going to be easy prey.

There are more but those are just a few.
    How about you? What characters do you relate to?

Registered
    Jul 2013

Hercule Poirot.

He is the sort of person I imagine myself to be, if I were older, fatter, richer, and balder.

IOW, a kind of distilled version of the kind of person who doesn't take "Non!" for an answer, and insists on certain sacrements or rituals, even when there is no reason: and yet, when it comes to ze problem, he can have it to be solved, because it is not to be there is not the reason in the gray cells.

And then he goes back to eating his soft-boiled eggs of exactly the same size, and ensuring each pièce in his rooms are in their place.

And, like me, he's not really that smart: he's just observant and knows how to understand the peoples. Not a superhero like Sherlock Holmes, just somebody who knows where things should go.

Mi parolas esperanton malbone Trojan Man's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2010

Happy Gilmore.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I definitely have some fictional heroes that I'm not all that much like (James T. Kirk, Jean-Luc Picard, Sherlock Holmes, and Rick Blaine of Casablanca, right off the top of my head), but the character I think I'm most like personally is Chandler from Friends. We have similar personalities in many ways, and his sense of humor is right on the mark with mine, although he's much funnier than I could ever hope to be!

+ Reply to thread