+ Reply to thread

Thread: WHY do the stupidest people seem to be the most bitchy?

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default WHY do the stupidest people seem to be the most bitchy?

Are they compensating for their stupidity? Are they always on the defensive? WTF is it?

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Because empathy and social grace are themselves measures of intelligence, and while not inextricably linked to how well you spell or how quickly you can do math, they do all tend to go hand in hand to some extent.

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I'm the biggest bitch I know and I'm pretty smurt.

Registered
    Mar 2009

They are the bitchiest because of their stupidity and the stupidest because of their bitchiness. People are frequently telling them that they're wrong and challenging their preconceived notions, which puts them on the defense and then they project that onto every other social interaction. Their inability to question themselves and see an appropriate time to revise their beliefs keeps them intellectually stagnant.

We all have moments when we're like that and we all have ways in which we don't allow ourselves to be challenged. Those who are the most defensive and closed off become the stupidest and bitchiest.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Zuul View post
    They are the bitchiest because of their stupidity and the stupidest because of their bitchiness. People are frequently telling them that they're wrong and challenging their preconceived notions, which puts them on the defense and then they project that onto every other social interaction. Their inability to question themselves and see an appropriate time to revise their beliefs keeps them intellectually stagnant.
    This is a fantastic point. It makes me think of every conspiracy theorist I've known or interacted with, as well as more than a few of the alternative medicine proponents. They have all struck me as people of modest intelligence who want badly to be an expert on something, and while the dozen years of college necessary to be a doctor or a physicist is beyond them, let alone the reliance on evidence, reading a few books on UFO landings or magnetic bracelets is not.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Stupid people are too stupid to know they're stupid. They think they're geniuses, and are constantly exasperated by a world that doesn't meet their standards.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by OneCentStamp View post
    Quote Originally posted by Zuul View post
    This is a fantastic point. It makes me think of every conspiracy theorist I've known or interacted with, as well as more than a few of the alternative medicine proponents. They have all struck me as people of modest intelligence who want badly to be an expert on something, and while the dozen years of college necessary to be a doctor or a physicist is beyond them, let alone the reliance on evidence, reading a few books on UFO landings or magnetic bracelets is not.
    Yes, you see this all the time. There's a certain kind of person who simply can't understand that there are people who actually ARE experts on a subject, and that having read a couple articles in a popular magazine by a writer who dropped out of pre-med doesn't make you qualified to take on that expert.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Wow, you guys are brilliant. And all I wanted to know was why certain people don't read my emails, then send me bitchy emails back asking about something that was explained in the original email and then when I send ANOTHER email explaining the thing again, don't even say thank you.

It's the silence at the end that gets me. Can you at least acknowledge that you read the fucking thing this time?!

But seriously, I think you guys are spot-on.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Rube E. Tewesday View post
    Yes, you see this all the time. There's a certain kind of person who simply can't understand that there are people who actually ARE experts on a subject, and that having read a couple articles in a popular magazine by a writer who dropped out of pre-med doesn't make you qualified to take on that expert.
    This seems an appropriate place for STORM

Watch at home when you have ten minutes for one of the best beat poems you will ever hear.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Sarahfeena View post
    Wow, you guys are brilliant. And all I wanted to know was why certain people don't read my emails, then send me bitchy emails back asking about something that was explained in the original email and then when I send ANOTHER email explaining the thing again, don't even say thank you.
    I have the same thing happen to me a lot, Sarah. I've gotten to the point where I use "Well, as I said...." which doesn't necessarily make them not be assholes, but it makes me feel better.
    So, I'll whisper in the dark, hoping you'll hear me.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Marsilia View post
    Quote Originally posted by Sarahfeena View post
    I have the same thing happen to me a lot, Sarah. I've gotten to the point where I use "Well, as I said...." which doesn't necessarily make them not be assholes, but it makes me feel better.
    I've been thinking about using that tactic. Problem is, I'm a freelancer, not an employee, so I'm trying not to be as feisty as I normally would be. It's getting difficult.

Registered
    Sep 2017

Default WHY do the stupidest people seem to be the most bitchy

The tanks in the US are full. Its a reserve thats been kept topped up since the mid-70s, much like in most other countries that have one.

+ Reply to thread