+ Reply to thread

Thread: Fan letter to yourself.

For whom nothing is written. Oliveloaf's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Fan letter to yourself.

There's really so much here to enjoy that I almost hesitate calling attention to the "fan mail" a couple of items down.

http://www.richiezie.com/#/richie-tip-jar/4546726366

I am impressed that an actual soccer mom wound not be able to spell soccer, and that she would know this guy's complete--and rather complicated--history so well.

Oh hell, just enjoy the whole thing. Points for not looking for a red pen.
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I dungeddit. Bad link, maybe?

Registered
    Mar 2009

This is cut and pasted from the link above, embellished or edited in no way:

Rockin' Soccer Mom's Letter:
    * THANK YOU: Richie the tip jar has saved my friends, family & I more then just money.We've been fans of yours for
    * over 15 years on tv, radio, and know on the world wide web. Why don't you have a radio & Television show.
    * We need you more then ever we hope this happens soon. Years ago I tryed the wind shield wiper tip and was sold.
    * Every thing in the tip jar that I've tried has worked, but the thing is you keep it simple and easy to understand.
    * Your car buying tips you help me in buying a car a little over a year ago. I did save a little over one thousand
    * dollars, but even better the dealership treats me like a human because I do my home work and know what I'm
    * talking about. We appreciate all you do for us and thanks for being on our side. May God Bless Us All
    * Rockin' Socker Mom North Shore
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Mar 2009

Actually, this is funny--desperate--, too.

http://www.richiezie.com/#/donations/4546726308
    Last edited by Oliveloaf; 31 Dec 2011 at 05:58 PM.

-Jim Rockford

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

So is this guy a thing in Chicago? Assuming I've not heard of him until now, give me the quick lowdown.
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

find me at Goodreads

Registered
    Mar 2009

He's been trying to be a thing for years. this site hlitv.com rather well summarizes his many attempts at celebrity.

I know him from his stab at being an auto "celebrity." He really doesn't know--or care about cars. He just wants to
    be famous.

His big break came maybe 15 years ago when he had a weekly minute on CLTV a local cable news channel. He
    would share a weekly car-care tip.

He also spent some time claiming to a a comic, showing up places as "The Chicago Pole."

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Mar 2009

Only the top video link here works: http://hlitv.com/ It's under the "Common Sense Solutions" link.

This is from his days as a home-improvement guru celebrity in waiting.

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Mar 2009

There's one common thread through all of Rich's many phases, other than the oily reek of desperate wannabe-ism, that is. Dude has GOT to stop writing his own copy. That is completely embarrassing.

find me at Goodreads

Registered
    Mar 2009

At the very least, he should have had someone else write his "Socker Mom" fan letter; when she spells exactly as horribly as you do, and horribly in the exact same ways, something stinks.

find me at Goodreads

+ Reply to thread