+ Reply to thread

Thread: Fuck you, energy utility company.

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Fuck you, energy utility company.

12 months ago, a certain power company, let's call them Scottish Cunting Power, gave me a cold call asking if I wanted to switch to them. As I was on a 'pay for what you use' system anyway, I'll admit I didn't pay much attention to who my supplier was, and for whatever reason, I already thought I was on different suppliers, because my gas and electricity 'credit cards' had different names on them.

To get the guy off the phone without being rude, I asked if he could make it so both my utilities were with them without causing me any complications, and he said "no problemo" and handed me over to his boss to seal the deal.

A couple of months later, I get a call from British Gas asking why I've changed supplier and did I know blah, blah, fucking blah... and I explain why I'm now with Scottish Fucking-Pricks Power. To which, he responds, "But, you've always been a British Gas customer!"

Okay, I'm coming back to your mob, says I. You sort those cheeky bastards out!

Fuck it, this is heading for ti;ldr territory so I'll cut to the chase. Now those grabbing bastards at Scottish Twatting Power want me to pay £44 which I now somehow owe them.

:Shake:

Bear in mind they didn't have to come out and change the meters or anything, and I was on a pre-payment meter all the time.

Should I just go postal in the nearest branch - if they have a place where you can interact face to face with another human - or is there a better way to achieve a satisfactory result from this?
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

This is why you don't talk to telemarketers.

I've had better days, but I don't care! hatesfreedom's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I had no idea there was such a thing as a pre-payment meter. But yah, I would first just try and figure out why they're billing you. You can go ape once you've gotten that far.

Yes, I'm a cat. What's it to you? Muffin's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Northwestern Ontario 48°17'42.8"N,89°23'21.2"W

Have you sent them your bill for consultation?

Registered
    Feb 2009

No. I phoned the company, tried to explain my position, was admonished for interrupting the flow of her BS, and told to contact British Gas if I had anymore queries, before she cut me off. This was after waiting 15 minutes just to get through to a real person. Since then my bill has been handed over to a debt-collection agency, who have already stuck a £6 fee on top.

After phoning BG, and being told I owe them nothing, I've tried ringing them twice and given up at the 10 minute mark..
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Orual View post
    This is why you don't talk to telemarketers.
    Never again. I now tell anyone who calls that if I wanted their services, I would contact them.

Sophmoric Existentialist
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by ivan astikov View post
    Never again. I now tell anyone who calls that if I wanted their services, I would contact them.
    Very wise. Very wise, indeed.

Stick to it, ivan astikov. You will be happier for it!
    Sophmoric Existentialist

+ Reply to thread