+ Reply to thread

Thread: Anyone Familiar With the 'Michael Teachings'?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Anyone Familiar With the 'Michael Teachings'?

I posted this at the other boards but not getting a lot of response.

One of my best friends has gotten involved with a group called the 'Michael Students'. It all sounds very cult-ish to me, and I have definietly noticed HUGE changes in her personality since getting involved. Here is a web site devoted to the group:

http://www.michaelteachings.com/mich..._database.html

She has been getting more and more absent minded, forgetting simple things. The other day, I mentioned wanting to see the movie Avatar and she began a speech on how that movie will make me ashamed to be a human, how it is full of deep meaning, etc, and I simply said 'I don't look for deep meaning in EVERYthing, sometime I just want to see a good movie', and she has not spoken to me since. (we do not live near one another, but talk on line and on the phone)

I feel like she is being brainwashed; she is NOT the same person I have known and loved for many years. It makes me very sad.

Anyone have any experience with this group or an opinion?

Sophmoric Existentialist
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Great Scott. I hardly read 2 words and I knew I hadda getouta there. :shock:
    Sophmoric Existentialist

Registered
    Mar 2009

Just from that name and the OP I have a guess: is this group built around a woman who is channeling some sort of masculine entity who is speaking through her to try to guide us all to new spiritual awareness? I swear to God, I've seen at least half a dozen of these things pop up over the past ten years.

I know nothing about this one in particular, but in general they give me the creeps. They usually milk people for tons of money through books, DVDs, seminars, classes, etc.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Crazy Ass Website
    Michael is a group soul, a collective consciousness of 1050 essences who finished all their lifetimes on Earth, cycled off the physical plane, and recombined into an Entity who now resides and teaches from the mid-causal plane. ... Through the Overleaf system, the Michael Teachings offer a way of looking at the world, life, and consciousness in a non-judgemental but descriptive terminology that is a kind of soul-psychology. These teachings are very spiritual at their core, with many words and ideas that are primarily in Eastern religions, but unlike the religions and beliefs, seek to embrace the human experience in every form as a valid learning experience and an integral part of the whole being.
    In addition to being de-crazified, these people are in serious need of a Freshman-level English Comp class.

+ Reply to thread