+ Reply to thread

Thread: Firefox Question; Stored Passwords and W7 upgrade

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Firefox Question; Stored Passwords and W7 upgrade

Because I never upgraded to Vista, I'm going to have to do a clean install on my computer. This means that I'm worried that some of the passwords I've given to Firefox to remember for me may be lost. And I'll never get them back.

So I want to save my passwords to be able to restore them, once I re-install Firefox - but I can't see how to do it. Does anyone know how to move the passwords to an external drive, and then install them again in a new version of the software?

Thanks for any help!

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I've no idea about transfering them en masse, but if you click on Options in the Tools column above, you can click on a box that shows you all your passwords so you can copy them down on a piece of paper.
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Registered
    Apr 2009

Iḿafraid I haven´t time just now to delve very deeply into this but you might initially look in the Firefox Forums where your question will most likely have been asked and answered.

Otherwise if you run a search for ¨Mozilla¨ on your computer you should come up with something like this:

(Click for larger image)
    Among that lot, somewhere, will be the list of sites,usernames & passwords.

Registered
    Apr 2009

Missed the edit window.
    You may need to alter your files and folders settings to be able to view hidden files and folders.

+ Reply to thread