+ Reply to thread

Thread: Annual Festivus Airing of Grievances...

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Annual Festivus Airing of Grievances...

...feats of strength can be found in Games & Sports.

My grievance is...my mother has informed my sister and me that she & dad MAY be coming for Christmas next year. But they won't actually decide until September. WTF. This is her way of making sure she gets her way. If they decide they want to come, and we want to do something else, she can say "well, we said BACK IN DECEMBER that we were going to come!" And if they don't come she can say "well we said MAYBE." :Shake:
    Last edited by Sarahfeena; 17 Dec 2009 at 12:04 PM.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I feel something is missing, perhaps the Festivus Pole.

These are Grievances and not full on rage, so some of mine.

Why won't the auto industry make a fuel efficient, (read good highway hybrid) small wagon. My current car is a Ford Focus and my last was a Mercury Tracer. I found both cars extremely flexible for multi-use and yet very easy to drive, easy to park and fairly good on gas. The choices in small wagons or any wagons is minimal. Hybrid ones, even a 5 door hatch back are slim to none. The Prius is not bad but really won't allow me to carry home a bunch of 2x4s or the like.

Dumb ass idiots, usually in largish SUVs driving down the highway erratically and when you get pass these morons, they are of course clutching a phone to one ear. Look morons, put the phone down or at least buy a bluetooth or the like. Large SUVs are already harder to keep in their lanes, don't distract yourself further by texting or yakking on the phone.

GM, why did you completely screw up Saturn. Morons, you had something pretty good going and instead you allowed the corporate idiots that mismanaged every other aspect of the company to get their dirty little paws on Saturn and destroy it too. BTW, get a clue, take the Camaro, make a 6 cyl Hybrid and watch 40+ year olds buy it so they can have their sports car of their dreams and feel smug about it. There is a market for middle-age men in sports cars they don't need to feel guilty about.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I am not the bad guy here!

My friend and I are having our annual Christmas lunch/movie/shopping afternoon tomorrow. This is nothing new. We've been doing it for the last 10 years sometime during the weekend before Christmas. We eat an early lunch, see a chick flick, and wander the mall for a couple of hours.

Then I'm getting my hair cut at 4. This has all been planned for the last week and a half. It's nothing sudden or new.

DH now is pissy because I can't go see Avatar tomorrow. Even though he's known about all of this. Hell, I'm not sure how he could miss it - I've been dithering about chopping my hair off for ages.

But when I point this out, all I get is "Never mind." Well, OK, then. Excuuuuuuuuuse the hell out of me.

Grrrr...
    Last edited by Katriona; 17 Dec 2009 at 05:45 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Dear Auntie:

Regarding the upcoming gala Xmas celebration at your house, I understand why you need to schedule dinner at 1 PM. You're older than dirt, and for some unknown reason old people eat dinner at 1 PM. OK. Weird but I can live with it.

But setting the date on Sunday 12/27? Fiendishly brilliant. You know damn well that this entire end of the state will be parked on the freeway that day. Thus turning the 1 1/2 hour drive to your house into a 4 hour tooth gnasher. Each way. If the weather holds out.

So instead, please accept this wiseass greeting card as my avatar. You can set it in my place at the table. I'm sure it will carry on a much more sparkling conversation than I could manage after half a day bebopping my way across town.

Or (just a concept here) you could schedule your dinner party on some other day. Earthshattering, I know. But if you dig deep into your tough survivor resources I just know you can pull through.
    Yours very sincerely -
    Sassy Nephew

Registered
    Jul 2009

To my aunts and uncles who think that they can fix their stupid relartionships by being extra nice and understanding towards me:

I am not your PC token. I am not the negotiator. I am not here to fix things for you. You're the ones who have the incredibly fucked up family life. You're the ones who went and alienated my branch of the family. Yes, I havebn't involved myself in the feud, this is true. That does not mean that I am secretly taking your side or that I am a neutral party.

No, I pretty much hate you all equally.

Yes, that includes my parents.

Love, Nerbles

The Apostabulous Inner Stickler's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I'm ticked about this and I'm not sure if I should be or not so I'll tell it to you and maybe we can come to a conclusion. I was raised Catholic and while I do not attend mass frequently, even though I attend a Catholic University because I am the brightest bulb in the carton, yessiree, I do attend when I am home because it makes my parents happy and I don't feel like engendering bad feelings because I want to sleep in on Sundays. (Stupid church moving from 10 to 9 to 8:30 am. Bastards.) Anyway, at one of the recent services, whichever one was the feast of the holy family, the deacon was giving the homily and he talked about how married couples were holy families and single people were holy families and men and women in the religious life were holy families and how gays and lesbians try to be some sort of holy family. And I was rather pissed off at that. Because I don't think it's some sort of miracle that gays and lesbians can manage to fall in love and have beautiful happy relationships with other people. And I'd rather not be included at all than semi-sort of included but definitely still separated from the real people. But everyone else was all, Oh he's so daring saying that to the congregation and Oh I thanked him for the wonderful homily because he's gonna catch all sort of flack. And I think it's bullshit. What we say reveals what we think and slips of the tongue are never slips of the tongue. When he said try and some sort what he meant was that the relationship between two men or two women is not equal to the relationship between a man and a women. Am I right or just touchy?
    I don't think so, therefore I'm probably not.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Inner Stickler View post
    When he said try and some sort what he meant was that the relationship between two men or two women is not equal to the relationship between a man and a women. Am I right or just touchy?

FWIW, you seem right to me. It is still a demarcation between 'real' relationships and 'other.' You've got every reason in the world to be upset and annoyed that even someone being shockingly inclusive from the pulpit in a Catholic service is still setting up barriers.

IMNSHO, the problem isn't that the deacon was making little baby steps towards inclusion, but that there were so many people who obviously felt that they were huge strides - and the implication that no further steps need be taken. i.e. it's the reaction of the parishioners that would burn me the most. That constant chorus praise for what is still a hugely messed up way of looking at things would have had me biting people in frustration and anger.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I don't know, if a hidebound institution like the RCC is willing to bend a bit, I would think it was a good sign and not an offense. It sure beats the churches that condemn gays or wants to "fix" them.

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by What Exit? View post
    I don't know, if a hidebound institution like the RCC is willing to bend a bit, I would think it was a good sign and not an offense. It sure beats the churches that condemn gays or wants to "fix" them.
    Yes, it's a good sign, but just because things could be worse does not mean that Sticky needs to "settle" for being patronized and patted on the head. The thing to do if you really want equality, I think, is to be greatful for the small steps but to keep pushing for the big ones.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Myrnalene View post
    Yes, it's a good sign, but just because things could be worse does not mean that Sticky needs to "settle" for being patronized and patted on the head. The thing to do if you really want equality, I think, is to be greatful for the small steps but to keep pushing for the big ones.
    I think you really summed it well in the last (bolded) sentence.
    Last edited by What Exit?; 05 Jan 2010 at 12:12 PM.

+ Reply to thread