+ Reply to thread

Thread: Vibrators and complexion

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Vibrators and complexion

Since they were first available for home purchase, vibrating devices have been advertised as being "invigorating" for the complexion. Even today, personal massagers are sold with their boxes claiming that they're for giving you "a softer, healthier and happier complexion".

Now, obviously, this is mostly to disguise the fact that these things are being sold and used for sexual purposes. But is there any truth to this at all? Many of them show pictures of women using the things on their faces and even come with special attachments for facial massage. Does a facial massage with a vibrator actually help your skin in any way, or are you just knocking your brain around in your skull?

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I don't know if it actually works, but the concept of adding vibration to help with your complexion is also part of the spiel for the Neutrogena Wave, which doesn't seem to be any kind of marital aid. Something about vibrations helping clear the pores and remove more dead skin cells.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I have no answer, but I hope that there is some truth to the idea that the facial massage one could get from the Hello Kitty Massager is of some therapeutic benefit. I would feel so much happier about the existence of that item if it did.

I've had better days, but I don't care! hatesfreedom's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I really enjoy your O face honey

I've had better days, but I don't care! hatesfreedom's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

all up in my face

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Orual View post
    I don't know if it actually works, but the concept of adding vibration to help with your complexion is also part of the spiel for the Neutrogena Wave, which doesn't seem to be any kind of marital aid. Something about vibrations helping clear the pores and remove more dead skin cells.
    Yeah, massage in general seems to be a very popular option for facial treatments the world over so I guess the use of vibration shouldn't be that surprising. From what I've been able to find, facial massage does lead to relaxation and stress relief and people feel as though their skin has improved.

But, when the actual quality of the skin afterward is examined? There's swelling, redness, and acne eruptions and the acne "healed with hyperpigmentation." That isn't a very good study, IMO, but it doesn't make facial massage sound all that great to me, which is why I remain skeptical.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I'm inclined to agree with your skepticism, Zuul. I have had long-running issues with acne, and every dermatologist I've ever spoken to says you need to do as little to disturb your pores as possible: no harsh face cloths, no "scrubs", and gentle cleansers.

+ Reply to thread