+ Reply to thread

Thread: Old music

Sophmoric Existentialist
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Old music

My Mum is 85 and it's hard to find anything to give her for Christmas. But she would love a CD with some of her old favourite songs on it. I mean OLD songs. By people like Elsie Baker and Harry McClintock.

I found some of them on I-tunes. But there must be a site somewhere devoted to this sort of thing? I'm quite willing to buy the music, I don't intend to download it for free. Any suggestions?
    Sophmoric Existentialist

Registered
    Mar 2009

I'm not entirely sure if the music available through this website would be what she's interested in, but they do have vintage recordings transfered to CDs.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Oh, hey. I found a few CDs on Amazon that might be useful.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I didn't have as much luck finding CDs with Elsie Baker, but there's this one.

Sophmoric Existentialist
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Thanks. I am having more success tahn I thought I would. I just thought there might be a site dedicated to old, old stuff.
    Sophmoric Existentialist

Registered
    Mar 2009

I would think there would be, but it sure isn't easy to find. That vintage recordings site I linked to above is a fine effort, but has a really limited catalog. Good luck finding what you want!

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

What decade are we talking about? You can get comprehensive lists of hits going back decades. Once you find out what was big get with soulseek or a bittorrent. This is the illegal way. Otherwise scout itunes for the same stuff.

+ Reply to thread