+ Reply to thread

Thread: Maskers [Warning: Nightmare Fuel]

Registered
    Jul 2009

Default Maskers [Warning: Nightmare Fuel]

I tried typing out a primal scream but it just didn't come across right in text.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT

I'LL TELL YOU WHAT IT IS

These are maskers. See, this is what happens when somebody decides they like creepy perv factor of fur-suits but want to combine it with pants-wetting, uncanny valley inspired terror. Think of it like Buffalo Bill cosplay.

I was HAPPILY IGNORANT OF THIS SHIT up until somebody posted it on a transgender board I am now no longer a member of. Why? Because apparently we must embrace THE PEOPLE WEARING WOMAN MASKS as our trans sisters and to call them the scary freaks they are is hateful and demeaning.

Listen, you idiots. Allying yourselves with people who write lists of "sexy" scenes in movies in which women rip off their faces is kind of counterproductive here. Okay, fine, yeah, some of them are male-assigned-at-birth and crossdressing and so I GUESS that makes them tenuously transgendered. That's like saying that gays should ally themselves with NAMBLA 'cause, hey, man-boy involves two people of the male persuasion and that's gay!

THIS IS NOT GOING TO HELP YOUR CAUSE OR MAKE YOU LOOK NORMAL

YOU DO NOT NEED TO GRAB EVERY PERSON WHO HAS A PENIS AND A GARTER BELT AND SAY "YOU ARE MAH SISTA!"

Registered
    Feb 2009

This is an anti-fabulous effort.

The first mask reminds me of that Jocelyn catwoman chick.
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

Registered
    Mar 2009

Okay, yeah, those are horrifying.

I'm in agreement with you, but I can kind of understand why certain people in the trans community feel that way. Trans people get so much crap from so many different directions that one might feel like any group with even a tenuous connection, as you say, shouldn't be left out in the cold. The gay community is often trying to ditch the T for the same reason.

That said, I have never understood why people want to make anything like this, that is basically a fetish, a proud part of their public identity. I don't want them cowering in shame in the shadows or anything, but really, some things ought to be kept private.
    Last edited by Taumpy; 07 Dec 2009 at 11:52 AM.

Registered
    Mar 2009

The flipside of what Taumpy brings up is that there are also those within the trans community itself who try to decide who belongs and who doesn't. "If you don't transition this way, if you don't identify like this, then you don't belong." So those who warmly embrace the more dubious folks who can very tenuously be associated with trans identities might just be acting on rejections they've received themselves.

I don't really see what good there is in trying to lump transsexuals in with cross-dressing fetishists, though. They're two very different things, operating out of different desires and seeking different outcomes. Maybe they appear similar outwardly, but there are huge differences. One isn't better than the other, but to say they're the same seems like an insult to both.

But, having looked at that website, I'm not so sure if I'd even put these folks under the label of cross-dressing fetishists. Something else is going on entirely. This is apparently the stuff they find exciting:

Quote Originally posted by the linked website
    Anatomy (2000) (aka Anatomie - original German title). A German-made film dubbed into English, where at the climax of the film, Gretchen (Anna Loos) has been dissected, injected with a preservative that "rubberized" her blood and tissues and has been mounted for display. The psychopath responsible boasts that Gretchen "...is my masterpiece." He then takes off her face and says, "And her face...it was meant for me. When I'm alone, I can put it on." Review by Jix.

Beetlejuice (1988). Geena Davis is hanging in a closet and removes her face.

Cocoon (1985). Tahnee Welch takes off her "human" skin revealing she's an alien. Also, a feature in "Cinefex" magazine about the film contains many photos of the rubber suits used in the film.

Deadly Friend (1986). In the final scene a robot's face comes through Kristy Swanson's face.

Hellbound: Hellraiser 2 (1988). A skinless Clare Higgins (Deborah Joel doubling) comes back from the dead, and is pretty frightening in a morbidly sexy way. She is wrapped in gauze, and starts to make love to this man who helps her to get her skin back. Later in the movie Ashley Laurence, who is battling Clare, finds her skin somewhere in the other dimension, and puts it on like a mask to fool the creatures who are trapped there. It is really bizarre, but a must see. (review by "Covered")

Hellraiser IV: Bloodline (199?). There is a scene where a demon is summoned into (i.e. it puts on) the skin of a young woman. (Review by The Magus)

Mars Attacks (1996). A Martian disguises itself as Lisa Marie in order to gain access to the White House (and also a very funny scene with Martin Short). It takes off its mask in front of the President (Jack Nicholson) although the effect is done digitally.

Mill of the Stone Women (1962). A French-Dutch collaboration in which an artist who owns a museum of famous murderesses kills female victims and drains their blood to keep his daughter alive, then chemically hardens their dead bodies and fits them with latex masks to add to his museum display. This film is based on one of The Flemish Tales by Pieter van Weigan, and the scene in which the doctor fits a mask to the face of one of his victims is both titillating and haunting. (Review by Elizabeth Walters)

Murderous Vision (1991). An Gein-like psychopath Stim (Joseph D'Angerio) wears the face of Ellen Green's (Elizabeth Kemp). There are other female faces in jars of preservatives. (Review by Robur)

Nightmare on Elm Street 4, A: The Dream Master (1988). A hapless female teen is trapped in a king-size roach trap and falls face forward into the adhesive. When she pulls back, the adhesive goo removes her face and reveals a cockroach's head. (Review by Robur)

Not Like Us (1995). Another in the "aliens wearing human disguises" genre. Rainier Grant takes off her human skin to reveal a yucky alien underneath. She then replaces it (not for the squeamish) with Annabelle Gurwitch's skin in a nice suit sequence, but later loses her head in a fight.

Poltergeist III (1988). Donna Gardner (Lara Flynn Boyle) and Scott (Kipley Wentz) are in a corridor. If memory serves, our attention focuses on their mirror reflections. The two kiss. Scott then starts to caress Donna's face. He then grabs her cheek and begins to tear off her latex outer covering revealing that below the covering -- is a corpse in disguise! (Review by Jix)

Scarred (2005). A straight-to-DVD film about a woman roaming a woods in search of a pretty face to replace the vacant hole where her own was brutally torn off. (Review by Robur)

Terror from the Year 5000 (1958). A time-travel sci-fi picture in which a radiation-scarred woman from the future uses a gadget to make a mask of a nurse she has murdered so she can kidnap an injured scientist and take him back to her time to provide fresh and untainted genetic material for the sterile and dying human race. The scene in which the villainess (Salome Jens) "steals" the dead nurse's face is fascinating. What's more, the bad girl sports a set of hypnotic fingernails that could literally knock your eyes out! (Review by Elizabeth Walters)
    [Bolding mine]

Registered
    Mar 2009

And now that I'm thinking of it, I've actually seen transwomen referred to in news articles as "Buffalo Bills" for no other reason than they are transwome. That connection is actually pretty harmful to the trans community as a whole. I'm sure these masker people aren't budding serial killers (hopefully!), but really, MTFs are maligned enough without adding that to the mix.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Precisely what I was thinking. I don't think these woman mask people are bad, but likening them to MtFs in any sort of way is going to cause confusion and probably further transphobia. The emphasis on that site is on masks, costuming, latex and "unmasking" people (sometimes in, yes, creepy ways). It's not on gender identity. Probably some of them are transgendered in some way (maybe most of them), but that doesn't mean the community itself is transgender oriented.

Registered
    Mar 2009

[QUOTE=Zuul;147640]This is apparently the stuff they find exciting:

Posted by Zuul:
    (Buncha ill stuff)
    You forgot the incredible sexy scene from Men in Black where the evil alien bug repurposes the shotgun toting redneck's hide. Now, that was hawt!

Registered
    Mar 2009

...eek. I bet the only reason it wasn't on the list is because he was a dude and not a chick. Now I have to go scrub myself bloody and hope to God I'll forget the mental image I now have of somebody lusting after that scene.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

And really, no love for Silence Of The Lambs? Dr. Lecter AND Buffalo Bill get into it.
    "It's Quite Cool." -Gandalf

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

It's sexy as fuck is what it is.

+ Reply to thread