+ Reply to thread

Thread: Avatars/icons you've made

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Avatars/icons you've made

I've recently gotten into an icon making craze and desperately want to share.

I'm just going to pull out a few (of the over 150 I've made...) You can see the rest here. These are from 2000ad and old Batman comics.

(Feel free to use any / alter any of them.)

Anybody else have any to share?
    When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. When all you have is a bowel disruptor, everything's a poop joke.
    www.CuriouslyLydean.net - comics, cocktails, writing, and other odd things.

Registered
    Jul 2009

Those are some nifty icons you've made, SilverTygerGirl. I always admire those, but somehow whenever I try to crop an image I like it ends up looking like an armless blind child had attempted to do it. I just don't seem to have the eye for it, I guess.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I suppose I have something of an unfair advantage, being a designer, but I've noticed that some people are just really good at icons. I'm not. I can crop and do a bit of animation and that's about it.
    When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. When all you have is a bowel disruptor, everything's a poop joke.

Clueless but well-meaning Hatshepsut's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Thanks for sharing - I really like a lot of the icons on your site.

I'm a total novice at working with images and will probably remain that way, although I would love to become more facile if only I had the time. I'm well aware that my current avatar is out of focus, badly cropped, and lacking in color - I am going to replace it soon.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Hatshepsut View post
    Thanks for sharing - I really like a lot of the icons on your site.

I'm a total novice at working with images and will probably remain that way, although I would love to become more facile if only I had the time. I'm well aware that my current avatar is out of focus, badly cropped, and lacking in color - I am going to replace it soon.
    Practice is the only remedy, but feel free to use one of mine until then.

+ Reply to thread