+ Reply to thread

Thread: CNBC Idiot "Reporter"

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default CNBC Idiot "Reporter"

http://www.cnbc.com/id/33587668

CNBC reporter has decided that a young man who has lived in the USA since age 12 is not "American" enough to be proud of. What an asshat!

He wrote an "apology" which is an admission of fact - NOT an apology.
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

Registered
    Feb 2009

He actually called him a "ringer".
    Glee 2009

Registered
    Mar 2009

Folly Wango Toxtrot!?!?

The man is a citizen! He's an American. I happen to think that people who choose to become Americans are something to be lauded - they didn't simply get born here, they made a decision to join us, and that's really great!

And while I don't think ringer is normally going to get my ire up - in this case it sure reads like a substitution for a much less palatable word.

Jeebus. What a fucktard.

Registered
    Mar 2009

What a slap in the face of the millions of naturalized citizens. After all the redtape, hard work and effort it takes to become an American Citizen. This sorry excuse for a shitstain has to shit all over Mr. Keflezighi's achievement just so he can spew his anti- america rant. But what do you expect from CNBC.
    Welcome to Mellophant.

We started with nothing and we still have most of it left.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Darren Rovell
    Given our disappointing results, embracing Keflezighi is understandable. But Keflezighi's country of origin is Eritrea, a small country in Africa. He is an American citizen thanks to taking a test and living in our country.
    There are a lot of things you could say about this, but somebody in the Comments section of the article said it well:
    Quote Originally posted by JPMcGrath
    Yes, Meb Keflezighi had to take a test to prove that he understands what it is to be an American. I am somewhat less sanguine that you understand.
    ETA: Occurs to me -- if Meb Keflezighi were named Sean Garrity, and was a white guy whose family had emigrated to the U.S. from Ireland when he was 12 . . . would he seem a little more "American" to Darren Rovell?
    Last edited by Baldwin; 03 Nov 2009 at 08:04 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Well said, Baldwin. Ugh. That reporter is a disgrace.

I've had better days, but I don't care! hatesfreedom's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Meh, I read the article and I wasn't very offended by it. He's making a sports fans comment on the original nationality of marathon running and how certain nationalities are sweeping the victories away from big fat boy america. It's like a Hockey fan saying sometimes he's offended by all the Swedes and Russians playing for us. Or a basketball fan saying, where's all the non black folks? Or a baseball fan saying, where's all the fans? And the way he used 'ringer' was perfectly acceptable when talking about sports.

You people get your panties in a twist over everything these days.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by hatesfreedom View post
    Meh, I read the article and I wasn't very offended by it. He's making a sports fans comment on the original nationality of marathon running and how certain nationalities are sweeping the victories away from big fat boy america. It's like a Hockey fan saying sometimes he's offended by all the Swedes and Russians playing for us. Or a basketball fan saying, where's all the non black folks? Or a baseball fan saying, where's all the fans? And the way he used 'ringer' was perfectly acceptable when talking about sports.

You people get your panties in a twist over everything these days.
    hates,
    I'm really pissed off about this. A ringer doesn't actually work for the company he represents. This young man has lived most of his life here. He's as American as anyone else and for this to be questioned is an outrage.
    Glee 2009

+ Reply to thread