+ Reply to thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: MelloRants. Like Mini-Rants only...Mello.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Orual View post
    What about brandishing? A little brandishing never hurt anyone ...
    I have been told by the store manager that I'm within my rights to go get a manager if I feel harassed or unsafe. I will be taking him up on that.
    So, I'll whisper in the dark, hoping you'll hear me.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Marsilia View post
    You looked for a wedding ring, then asked if I was married. Not being married doesn't mean that I'm interested in a loud mouth who thinks that liking comics while female means that Kitty Pryde must be my favorite of the X-Men (though the stammering when I told you that I preferred Deadpool was almost worth the annoyance), or that my obvious attempts to diffuse your "flirting" and "joking" meant that I'm not from around these parts.
    Amusingly, the guy guessed that I was from Boston, then New York. (Zuul can tell you how Bostonian I don't sound.) One of my managers, who happens to be from Boston was working Monday night. I told him a guy had guessed I was from Boston, and he asked "Why? Were you surly?" I told him I was, and he said "That's why!"

Registered
    Feb 2009

Heh, "Boston" seems to be the go-to guess for people who think they're good at accents, but aren't.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

One of my managers, who happens to be from Boston was working Monday night. I told him a guy had guessed I was from Boston, and he asked "Why? Were you surly?" I told him I was, and he said "That's why!"
    BOSTON IS MY TRUE SPIRITUAL HOME.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Dear Personhood MS,

The attached video doesn't answer any questions in any sort of factual way. Please, inform your anti-choice lackeys that posting it all over MS Healthy Families communities isn't helping your case.

Regards,

Marsilia

Registered
    Feb 2009

Marsilia - please pass me the brain bleach and wire scrubber.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by CatInASuit View post
    Marsilia - please pass me the brain bleach and wire scrubber.
    The fact that a "medical professional" could say all that with a straight face just astounds me. :hands over the brain bleach, wire scrubber, and hot water:
    Last edited by Marsilia; 25 Oct 2011 at 11:15 AM.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Dear Personhood MS,

The attached video doesn't answer any questions in any sort of factual way. Please, inform your anti-choice lackeys that posting it all over MS Healthy Families communities isn't helping your case.

Regards,

Marsilia
    PS

Suggest to your supporters that they read everything on your page so they know what they're supporting. When I recognize a quote from The Personhood Book and someone who's implied that my opposition to Personhood shows a lack in intellect and reading comprehension skills asks where the quote came from, it really makes y'all look bad.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Rube E. Tewesday View post
    Hey, burrito place. OK, when I said my order, I said "to go". I could forgive you asking me immediately, "For here or to go?"

When, after you'd taken the order, and I'd been sitting around your nearly emptly, un-airconditioned hellhole of a place for an eternity, you asked "For here or to go?", and I said, "....to go", and you said "For here or to go?"... well, I understood why the burrito place I walked out of for being so crowded was so crowded and you were so empty.

Follow-up, on the off chance anybody is interested:

Walked past this place today. Landlord's notice of termination is on the door.

I am not surprised.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I was at the doctor and I forgot to ask for a flu shot. Because I am a dummy.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Dear Personhood MS,

Regards,

Marsilia
    PS

Suggest to your supporters that they read everything on your page so they know what they're supporting. When I recognize a quote from The Personhood Book and someone who's implied that my opposition to Personhood shows a lack in intellect and reading comprehension skills asks where the quote came from, it really makes y'all look bad.
    PPS

Someone might want to have a chat with the fellow in the fetus-and-Jesus van. And, by "have a chat with," I mean bludgeon until he needs medical care, then refuse to give it to him because he's not an embryo.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I think your run in with that fellow may have gone beyond anything vaguely "mello." What an awful, awful thing to inflict on any person he drives by.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Zuul View post
    I think your run in with that fellow may have gone beyond anything vaguely "mello." What an awful, awful thing to inflict on any person he drives by.
    It was really upsetting. I've been trying to distract myself, 'cause I start shaking when I think about it.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I thought that a lack of manners when it came to eating at someone else's house and a bizarre intolerance for anything vegetable matter based was indicitive of some major personality flaws on the part of my niece's boyfriend.

And today she tells me she can't discuss politics with him because he calls the president "that fucking nigger."

The whole family is trying to get her to leave him, because holy crap.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Well, I was going to complain about having to work in somebody elses office because the carpet in mine is all torn up, but I feel a little small after reading Zuul's post.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Words fail me.

Has he managed to pick up his knuckles off the ground yet?

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

The mental sensation you get when reality does not appear to jibe with your memory is most unpleasant.

Also I don't think you should let that creep back in your house, Zuul.

Registered
    Mar 2009

To the Governor-Elect of Mississippi,

I'm a Christian, a tax payer, and a voter in the state of Mississippi. I am not evil, nor am I in league with Satan. I know you were speaking at a Yes on 26 rally and to an AFA radio audience when you made those incendiary comments. That doesn't excuse them. I am one of the 58% of Mississippians who believe that a woman's agency over her own body is sacred. I am pro-family, pro-adoption, pro-contraception, and pro-helping a mother put food on the table for the kids she has at home. I'm pro-education and anti-indoctrination. And, if I don't get an apology, I'm going to be pro-recalling a governor. 58% is still a majority.

No Love,

Me
    Last edited by Marsilia; 12 Nov 2011 at 11:49 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Dear son:

I don't know why you have this compulsion to tear pens apart, but it is going to have to stop. They have done nothing to you, and I occasionally like to have an intact pen around to, like, write things with.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

The 2nd season finale of Veronica Mars is extremely disappointing.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I have a cold. It feels like I have a lump of Jello salad lodged in the upper part of my right lung. It is most unpleasant.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I have a cold. It feels like I have a lump of Jello salad lodged in the upper part of my right lung. It is most unpleasant.
    Man, I hate that. The sensation that if you just cough, just right, you'll be OK, but it just doesn't work.

Hope you feel better soon.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Dear rabbits,

You know what rabbits in the wild do? They have sex. A lot. I know it's kinda cold out right now and maybe you're feeling a little lazy, but for God's sake, hump!

-Me

Registered
    Mar 2009

Dear Marsilia,

You have homework, and it's the busiest retail season of the year. You're not allowed to be sick, so cut it out.

Love,

M

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Goddammit my whiskey hot toddies with extra whiskey are not even making a DENT in this fucking thing.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Goddammit my whiskey hot toddies with extra whiskey are not even making a DENT in this fucking thing.
    Are they at least helping you slide into sweet oblivion?

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

... no. It took hours to fall asleep and I woke up at 4 AM. Screw it, I'm taking a sick day.

Mi parolas esperanton malbone Trojan Man's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2010

Dear son:

I don't know why you have this compulsion to tear pens apart, but it is going to have to stop. They have done nothing to you, and I occasionally like to have an intact pen around to, like, write things with.
    I do this too. Not sure why. I also like to have a pen on hand to write with, but can't stop myself.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by spitz View post
    Dear son:

I do this too. Not sure why. I also like to have a pen on hand to write with, but can't stop myself.
    Well, it's at least comforting to know that he's not the only person in the world to have this compulsion.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Dear Dentist and annoying Dental Hygienist:

I already told you that I already bought a Sonic Care off you. I already told you that it broke down in no time. I am not interested in buying another one. Just clean my dang teeth.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Dear morons who somehow hold down jobs in the same Ministry of Government as I do, despite not having the sense that the Good Lord gave a howler monkey:

If you receive an e-mail from someone you don't know, which Microsoft Outlook has thoughtfully flagged as POSSIBLE SPAM, just delete it. Do not hit "Reply All" to say that there is a mistake and you should not be on the mailing list.

And when one moron has done that, don't hit "Reply All" to say "Nor I".

And when 20 other morons have done that, don't keep doing it.

Registered
    Mar 2009

That is really unfortunate.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Seriously. We're supposed to be in a time of restraint. If the Government wants to save some money, it could just fire all of these idiots and replace them with an inanimate carbon rod. It would increase the average workplace IQ.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Sigh...Christopher Hitchens is dead. No huge shock, but I'll miss him.

And I can't even blame God.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Knowing how bad he was back in April, I'm surprised he made it as long as he did.

Registered
    Mar 2009

*head desk*

How do you think you're going to get paid if you don't give the company you're contracting with your social security number? I'm all for being cautious about identity theft, but this is actually one of the specific purposes your social security number is supposed to go towards. How the hell have you held a job before without filling out a W-9?

Registered
    Feb 2009

The Krankies are swingers.

Kid's TV staple of the 80's and panto favourites every since. Swingers.

My childhood has been ruined in a way I can't quite fathom.

Fan-dabi-dozi ????

Registered
    Mar 2009

Speaking on BBC Radio Scotland's Stark Talk yesterday, they admitted they had an 'anywhere, anytime' attitude to sex including on golf courses - while on tour they went with other partners with the full knowledge of the other.
    Why did they feel the need to share this, since it appears to have nothing to do with their public life whatsoever? Will the Wiggles next share their stance on blowjobs?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Grrrrrrr. SLEEP.

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Christmas can fuck right off.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Yes, you need a credit card for your Nook account. No, you can't just use a gift card. If you bought it from us, we told you that. If the person who gave it to you bought it from us, we told them that. Yes, it has to be an active credit card. Yes, there has to be money in your account if you use a debit card. No, the Nook shop won't let you do anything without a valid credit card. It doesn't matter how many ways you ask or how many times you ask, there still has to be a credit card on your motherfucking account.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Dear Masked Magician exposing Magic's top secrets.

!. Given your overly dramatic performances, a 5 year old could work out how you do the trick before you explain it.

2. You don't just explain how the trick is done, but you also suck the life and joy out of magic.

Please stop, as you are making me nostalgic for Paul Daniels.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull - Why?????

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

My iPod has stopped working, but I can't tell if it's because it has died the true death, or if it's just being a pissy little bit of machinery and needs to be synched.

Also work sucks and I can't do anagrams.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Work sucks and I can't do anagrams" would make a great book title.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

It will be my quirky memoir about being underemployed and intellectually insecure.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Given all the times we replace our printers, couldn't we at least once come up with ones that print?

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I hate that Dr. offices are never open at anything but regular business hours, because that means I have to call from my cubicle and EVERYONE CAN HEAR ME.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Dear American Tourist,

In the UK, most kids catch chicken pox when we are young, so we don't need to be vaccinated every ten years. It's easier that way. If your shots aren't up to date and you encounter kids with it, out and about, that's tough on you.

Screaming at two small children that they should not be allowed out will get the manager asking you to leave and not them.

Please don't darken these shores again.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Thirteen. That is the number of hours I've been scheduled for next week. So much for this cross training bullshit being of any use to me

+ Reply to thread