+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: MelloRants. Like Mini-Rants only...Mello.

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default MelloRants. Like Mini-Rants only...Mello.

Rant away, Mellophants. In a Mello kind of way.
    Last edited by Sarahfeena; 03 Nov 2009 at 01:50 PM.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I wish this friggin board would get more friggin posting. Come on people, entertain me more.

I've had better days, but I don't care! hatesfreedom's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I wish you both would stop posting. Right now.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I hate when normal people are taking photos and they do that 'I'm doing a serious look like in calvin klien' or some shit and then there's shit picture of a gay guy or a girl or some shit staring at you like you fucking pissed in their cornflakes. You know what that fucking shit look works in advertising? Cause I don't know them. SHIT! If I know you you just come off as some sort of shit bag shitster.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I hate facebook people who haven't shittin figured out they should be on twitter. BUT not nearly as much as I hate people who only elude to whatever the shit they want to say in their shit shit shit updates. here's a shitty example from a shit bitch:

shitbitch says "hangin out with my boo and my friend about to eatz and then go out."
    shitbitch says later "i miss you boo"

these are TWO different people come to find out, NONE of which are this shitbitches boyfriend. Fuck you shitbitch. You are a dumb slag shitster and I know for a fact all of the employees who work for you hate your guts. You don't even know that cause you're a shit bag shitster bitch.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I hate bisexuals and bipolars. They're both the same shit people in shit land. Bisexuals actually think people care about them, that's what that shit is. Some chick telling you, oh i'm bi i'm unique. I don't care, shit. Nobody cares. We don't talk to you because you're an annoying shit for entirely different reasons. Go shit around in your special happy place you damn shitsexual.

Bipolars. GOD I HATE BIPOLARS THESE DAYS. Shit bipolars here's some hints: If your life doesn't seem very interesting than your fucking normal. If your life is always having something to talk about with your friends, than you are a shit friend! I don't want to hear about how EVERYDAY you injure yourself, or something goes wrong, or somebody dies, or something. I don't care THAT much you shit blizzard. Also, if you find yourself lying to people, go seek help you shit. I'm tired of bipolars 'making up' stories to be like the fucking end of the world and then you get there and it's like SHIT. sit down, remain calm, this ain't shit. I had an old man shoot at me once. heard that shit pass me by. I don't go on about it, cause nobody gives a poop. Anyway you're all great in bed, but fuck I can't stand your me me me me me phases.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by hatesfreedom View post
    Anyway you're all great in bed, but fuck I can't stand your me me me me me phases.
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

GOD-DAMN IT DON'T HAVE TORTILLA CHIPS IN THE OFFICE.

The candy tray is eminently resistible - I haven't got much of a sweet tooth to begin with. Tortilla chips are just exactly everything I love: salty, fatty starch.

::sigh::

I'm not hungry. I'm not hungry. I had my lunch, and I'm not hungry. Just because food is out, doesn't mean I have to eat it. I am also not hungry.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Hates I think you could have fit a few more shits in there. I expect better than that from you. Do not let this piss-pour performance happen agan you little shit.
    Welcome to Mellophant.

We started with nothing and we still have most of it left.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I'm mello - but not mellow.

About 9,000 out of over 500,00 people voted in the Mayoral election in the city of Atlanta. I'm so angry, hurt and disappointed I could spit. (I don't spit, but I could:Shake
    Glee 2009

Registered
    Mar 2009

jali, I'm sick of the apathy so many people have towards local only elections. Fucking idiots.

My own complaint:

Sure, you're a brick and mortar store selling connectors and esoteric electrical/electronic parts. In this day and age that means you're desperate for business. So desperate you've gutted your core business to shift something like 50% of the store to cater towards the cellphone market. Of course, so many other businesses have hit on the same formula to save themselves.... it's doing diddly for you.

I understand that you want to keep your job. I even understand the utility of trying to spark that old impulse buy.

But, for the love of little green sounding rods1, have some dignity about the whole process. Finishing the sale for a minor piece of telephone connection equipment isn't going to do much for your commission, I get that. But when you ask, "Do you want a new cell phone? A GPS unit? An MP3 player?" Accept the simple "No, thank you," and let it go.

Trying to spark an early Xmas sale after that, you're going to get just what I gave you - a description of the neato geek gifts I'm considering from places like Think Geek, that you don't carry!

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by jali View post
    I'm mello - but not mellow.

About 9,000 out of over 500,00 people voted in the Mayoral election in the city of Atlanta. I'm so angry, hurt and disappointed I could spit. (I don't spit, but I could:Shake
    It's not that surprising to see turnout low when there's no national races (although yeah, it's pretty bad how many people don't even bother voting for their mayor.) Given how low turnout was in the special state senate election we just had, though, I know a lot of people lied to my face when I asked if they were planning to vote.

Of course, it's not hard to figure out they're lying when they say they're planning to vote but aren't even aware of the biggest thing on the ticket, which was the senate election I was volunteering for.

It's not like I'm going to judge you for not voting in an election like this. I know hardly anyone bothers. I know it legitimately can be hard to make a decision when you don't have that much information about the candidates. Why lie about it?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Yah, I didn't vote because honestly I have no idea who is running. I also can't really get motivated enough to care about who is running (or even who won? I dunno.) I mean it's virginia. as long as our elected people are 1% competent we're fine and will continue suckling at the government tit.

Libertarian Autocrat Vox Imperatoris's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I don't mind if most people don't vote. I'd rather nobody vote than have stupid people who don't know anything about the election vote.
    Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
    Return of Blümchen! (To my Avatar spot.)
    Last.fm Pandora Political Compass
    Mentes Liberae et Mercatūs Liberi

Bad Tempered Old Tyrant Queen of Hearts's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Jeebus Crimeny. Our neighbor across the street has her Christmas lights up. And turned on.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Queen of Hearts View post
    Jeebus Crimeny. Our neighbor across the street has her Christmas lights up. And turned on.
    ARRRRRGH. Thanksgiving is a fabulous holiday, and it gets NO respect anymore!

Registered
    Mar 2009

One local house has had their holiday lights up since before Halloween.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Sarahfeena View post
    ARRRRRGH. Thanksgiving is a fabulous holiday, and it gets NO respect anymore!
    You'll be happy to know I respect the shit out of Thanksgiving. I have a giant turkey on my lawn strung with Thanksgiving Lights, an inflatable cornucopia, and an animated scene with a Pilgrim and an Indian sitting down to a feast together. It's the most respectful thing you could ever hope to see.

The Apostabulous Inner Stickler's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

*wonders if his giant inflatable blowup of the indians dying of smallpox is in poor taste*

Let's just review a few things:
    1) When the stage manager calls you because you are 10 minutes late for your call time, the proper response is "I'm already on my way and I'm bringing you a chocolate cake and a thing of tums." Not "I'm washing my hair." I'm glad we had this little chat.
    2) Let's do a thought experiment: if you are in a play set in 1934 where you are chasing your sweetie up the stairs, which phrase seems more appropriate (and is also the one in the script) "Alice, let me talk to you!" or "Alice, come on!" There is a wrong answer.
    3) Finally, I am not in charge of props or costume pieces. We're at the point where that is a dialogue between the actor and the props or costume crew. I actually have more to do than remember where your oh so special prop is and if you roll your eyes at me one more time, I'm going to scoop 'em out with a melon baller and practice a few scenes from Lear.

Registered
    Feb 2009

My daughter's inlaws are Jehovah's Witnesses.

They don't celebrate Thanksgiving - they all get together on "that Thursday in November when we have turkey and all the fixin's". What hypocritical goofballs.
    Glee 2009

Registered
    Feb 2009

My daughter's inlaws are Jehovah's Witnesses.

They don't celebrate Thanksgiving - they all get together on "that Thursday in November when we have turkey and all the fixin's". What hypocritical goofballs.
    Sheesh, yeah, if you're going to belong to a crazy, annoying religion, go all out for it.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Inner Stickler View post
    Let's just review a few things:
    1) When the stage manager calls you because you are 10 minutes late for your call time, the proper response is "I'm already on my way and I'm bringing you a chocolate cake and a thing of tums." Not "I'm washing my hair." I'm glad we had this little chat.
    2) Let's do a thought experiment: if you are in a play set in 1934 where you are chasing your sweetie up the stairs, which phrase seems more appropriate (and is also the one in the script) "Alice, let me talk to you!" or "Alice, come on!" There is a wrong answer.
    3) Finally, I am not in charge of props or costume pieces. We're at the point where that is a dialogue between the actor and the props or costume crew. I actually have more to do than remember where your oh so special prop is and if you roll your eyes at me one more time, I'm going to scoop 'em out with a melon baller and practice a few scenes from Lear.
    Aw, now you've gone and made me all nostalgic. ::sigh::

Registered
    Mar 2009

Which part? Frankly, I would love to play around with some scenes from Lear. That is such an awesome play.

Registered
    Mar 2009

All is well.

(looks around suspiciously)

Registered
    Mar 2009

In today's edition of cursing water for being wet:

Why can't nominally educated and intelligent people recognize that if they insist that their particular budget item from the State budget must be treated as a sacred cow, it has the effect of ensuring that all budget items get treated as sacred cows. And the predictable result is that the budget deficit grows, larger cuts become necessary down the road, and you have have people suddenly whining about things like new license plate fees that were set up to be taxes without instituting new taxes.

Grow the fuck up!

(The specific catalyst for this rant is this story, but the mindset has been common throughout NYS for the past year, with almost all aspects of the budget.)

Registered
    Sep 2009

I went out to see some bands last night. Although it's November, the temperature is still in the 70s at night here. So guys at the show, lose the leather jackets you just kind of look like a fool. And to the kids at the goth club next door, lighten up. Oh and the bat wings sewn onto the back of your shirt look fucking stupid.
    Give me whiskey when I'm thirsty,Give me a cold beer when I'm dry, Give me root beer when I'm sickly, Give me a headstone when I die.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Glazer View post
    Hates I think you could have fit a few more shits in there. I expect better than that from you. Do not let this piss-pour performance happen agan you little shit.
    I think you meant shit-poor performance....

Registered
    Mar 2009

Attention computer sales fucknuggets:

If I cough sheks for a PCI card DVR and it says on the box, "with Pinnacle TVCenter Pro and VideoSpin editing software", I will not react favorably when the detailed directions tell me that the video edit software is actually an extra cost offer from an affiliated vendor. Especially when a careful review of the manufacturer's web site also does not disclose this information.

In conclusion, fuck right off. But in a mellow sort of way.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I am all melloly annoyed at theater patrons that honestly cannot shut the fuck up. Peep this. I decided to see the movie Precious (great performances in that movie). Went to The Little which is a tiny theater that usually is nice and quiet. Imagine my surprise when it was packed to capacity and loud as hell. Every time Precious' mom said something mean or vulgar, folks in the audience had to wince and gasp and cry out in shock and outrage and faint and pass out in the damn aisles. Just shut up! I don't mind if you laugh when it is funny. I don't mind folks that scream when a movie is scary. But I cannot stand it when folks can't contain thier emotions to the point that they have to cry out in amazement when they hear Mo'Nique call her daughter a bitch, or scream "OH MY GOOODDDDD" when they see her get slapped. I mean, if you can't handle that kind of movie, just stay home.

Registered
    Jul 2009

Ah, that's not a failure to contain their emotions. That's "demonstrating" Whooooole different creature.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Tell me more of this 'demonstrating'.

Registered
    Jul 2009

Quote Originally posted by Nzinga, Seated View post
    Tell me more of this 'demonstrating'.
    "Demonstrating" is when someone feels the need to include everyone else in what they're feeling. For example, you're in Petco and some woman is yelling at her child, "Don't open that container of crickets! If you open it, they'll get everywhere! Don't open the crickets!"

A normal person would say, "Stop that!" and take it away from the child. A demonstrater wants to be sure that everyone else knows what she's doing so that they can share in her exasperation.

People who do this at movies don't want to just enjoy the movie. They want to be sure that everyone else is aware of how they're enjoying this movie.

The flipside of this is, of course, sour-faced sticks in the mud who sit there and don't react at all. They suck for entirely different reasons. :Shake:

Registered
    Feb 2009

It irks me when people "make a short story long" by adding descriptive information that is unneccessary for the casual listener to hear.

"My coworker John" is good enough. "John Anderson, the head of the the accounting office in Phoenix who is here on loan for a couple of weeks" doesn't add to the story about what happened in your office today. It makes me tune you out. Stop this now!
    Glee 2009

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Nrblex View post
    "Demonstrating" is when someone feels the need to include everyone else in what they're feeling. For example, you're in Petco and some woman is yelling at her child, "Don't open that container of crickets! If you open it, they'll get everywhere! Don't open the crickets!"

A normal person would say, "Stop that!" and take it away from the child. A demonstrater wants to be sure that everyone else knows what she's doing so that they can share in her exasperation.

People who do this at movies don't want to just enjoy the movie. They want to be sure that everyone else is aware of how they're enjoying this movie.

The flipside of this is, of course, sour-faced sticks in the mud who sit there and don't react at all. They suck for entirely different reasons. :Shake:
    That is cracking me up! Ha! I never realized they were an entire species of people.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Nzinga, Seated View post
    That is cracking me up! Ha! I never realized they were an entire species of people.
    Yeah, me too!

I had totally never thought about it that way but I think Nrblex has really stumbled onto something here.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I'm sick of the chat drama. I don't understand the bullshit (and that's exactly how it reads) between folks here. Friends/not friends - people taking sides, people quitting the boards... over what?

Shit! This is worse than the 8th grade lunch period. WTF is up with this?

This is the 4th or 5th time I've read transcripts of pure ugliness - why? How can adults allow snarky bullshit to create this type of chaos?

I didin't understand the "featherlou" drama. I didn't understand the rest either. I thought myrn and sleeps were tight. How does shit like this happen to adults on a message board?

I can see a dispute about politics or religion - some people take their positions so seriously, but petty shit? Damn.

People have invited me to chat. Hell no!

I'll give the boards a break for a while because I just don't want to see this anymore.

See you in a few weeks I guess. I'll keep my committments - the Secret Santa, ect., but fuck a conversation with any of these childish mofos!
    Glee 2009

Registered
    Mar 2009

Jali, I am so so so SO sorry you feel that way, not that I particularly blame you. Have a GREAT holiday season, and please come back to us. The mod staff is committed to making Mellophant a pleasant place for all of our online friends.

Registered
    Feb 2009

People have invited me to chat. Hell no!

I'll give the boards a break for a while because I just don't want to see this anymore.

See you in a few weeks I guess. I'll keep my committments - the Secret Santa, ect., but fuck a conversation with any of these childish mofos!
    Well I think you are smart about staying out of chat. As fun as it can be, it can also really suck!

I'll miss you around here and I hope you don't stay away too long. Couldn't you please just ignore the silly chat drama and stick to the board side? There are too few of us that post as it is.

Registered
    Sep 2009

NOO! Jali, don't go! If you stay I promise to post more pics of my hot self!!
    Give me whiskey when I'm thirsty,Give me a cold beer when I'm dry, Give me root beer when I'm sickly, Give me a headstone when I die.

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Yeah here's hoping you don't stay away too long. You're a great poster and I, for one, love having you here. Just ignore the "drawma", it is tedious.

Porno Dealing Monster pepperlandgirl's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I'll miss you, jali, and I hope you return soon. I don't blame you (or anybody) who wants to avoid the bullshit, but at least it's mostly contained to one or two places (the chate itself and the Pit). There's still fun to be had in the other forums!
    I'm still swimming in harmony. I'm still dreaming of flight. I'm still lost in the waves night after night...

Do you have an idea or an article you would like to see on the Electric Elephant? Email me at theelectricelephant(at)gmail.com!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by TFR You SOB View post
    NOO! Jali, don't go! If you stay I promise to post more pics of my hot self!!
    Hey, don't scare her off.

Registered
    Mar 2009

As AG said, it's best to just ignore the drama. It's all contained in the Pit/Cage where it should be.

If you have to take a break, I don't blame you, but we love you and want our jali time.

Registered
    Jul 2009

But...but...jali, I will bring you tea.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I am sorry to hear of you leaving as well. For what it's worth, I think you embody all that is right with mello. I hope no one else feels offended if I mention that my favorite posters here, bar none, are you and Hatshepsut. I love everyone else, but I race to read your posts first and I hope you come back soon to make lots more.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

In other news, my brother-in-law is still an asshole. Love, love this family gathering stuff for the holidays!

Is it too early to drink?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Never too early on the holidays.

Registered
    Mar 2009

My niece surprised me by inviting three extra people to dinner, including someone I hate. When I pointed out that she did not ask me if this was okay, she told me my mother said it was fine.

Oh, I'm sorry. My mistake. I thought I was an adult.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Stop putting wrappers back in the After Eights box and making it look full.

:Shake:
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Mar 2009

For the love of sea slugs and other aquatic invertebrates, Dad, will you for stop trying to 'help' when you're making more of a mess for everyone?

For that matter, it would be nice if you could recognize that the reason you've got bed and chair alarms is because you're so unsteady on your feet you've been falling at a rate of about once a month - this when we all know you're aware that you're supposed to be calling for assistance when you need to get up. Don't tell the neurosurgeon and NP that you're doing fine, no falls. AAARRRRGGGGH!!!

If anyone has some spare patience, I could use a shot or two. Thanks.

+ Reply to thread