+ Reply to Article

Article: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Pumpkins (A Photo Essay)

1. How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Pumpkins (A Photo Essay)

2 Comments by pepperlandgirl Published on 02 Nov 2009 02:13 PM
    A new story entry has been added:

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Pumpkins (A Photo Essay)

Occasionally, I get it in my head to experiment with something new. These impulses are usually short-lived and relatively harmless, but during my bouts of activity, I learn all kinds of fascinating things. Earlier this year, I learned that you can make a pretty decent cake from scratch. I also learned how to make cornbread stuffing (from scratch), how to brine turkey, and how to make my own pasta. A different sort of madness possessed me this year. I wanted to learn about pumpkins. Specifically, I wanted to learn how a pumpkin became a delicious, delicious pie. Like so.

2. Total Comments 2

Comments

Registered
    Feb 2009

Roasted, huh?

For some reason, I've always imagined boiling pumpkin. I'm glad I read your article. I'll bet the house smelled great while the pumpkin was roasting - and then when the bread was baking.
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by jali View post
    Roasted, huh?

For some reason, I've always imagined boiling pumpkin. I'm glad I read your article. I'll bet the house smelled great while the pumpkin was roasting - and then when the bread was baking.
    That's what I would have thought, too, but it makes sense to roast it when I stop and think about it. Boiling would add extra water and leach out some of the flavor.

+ Reply to Article