+ Reply to thread

Thread: Andre Agassi drugs revelation

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Andre Agassi drugs revelation

According to his autobiography, Andre Agassi has confessed to taking Crystal Meth during his career. What is more surprising is that he lied to the ATP when they caught him during a routine drugs test.

More on the story here

According to the book, he only took it the once. It would normally get him a 3 month suspension for ingesting a Class 2 drug as it is not in performance enhancing list. However, I think there should be some censure for lying to the Tour.

So what repercussions should Andre Agassi face as a result of this?
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

None. Merely reporting it is just going to help Andre sell more books, and if he is no longer playing tennis, what has it got to do with anyone?
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I can't think of any meaningful measures the ATP could take at this point. Looks like Agassi wins.
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

find me at Goodreads

Registered
    Feb 2009

I can't say that I really blame the guy. Tennis matches take as long as building the pyramids, I'd want a little go go powder myself if I had to be lunging around for 5 hours chasing a ball.
    Hell, if I didn't do things just because they made me feel a bit ridiculous, I wouldn't have much of a social life. - Santo Rugger.

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Cluricaun View post
    I can't say that I really blame the guy. Tennis matches take as long as building the pyramids, I'd want a little go go powder myself if I had to be lunging around for 5 hours chasing a ball.
    Sure. Hell, I can barely watch a whole tennis match without some sort of chemical refreshment.
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

find me at Goodreads

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Discovering Andre Agassi took recreational drugs in his past, is not quite as startling as say, hearing that David Duke is partial to Caribbean cooking.
    Last edited by ivan astikov; 31 Oct 2009 at 06:24 AM.
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

+ Reply to thread