+ Reply to thread

Thread: Can't. Stop. Eating. It.

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Can't. Stop. Eating. It.

I have a can of honey roasted peanuts on my desk, and I can't stop diving into it!

What are your favorite addictive snacks?

Registered
    Feb 2009

I'm a nuts guy myself. Cashews and pistachios mainly. I will open and eat pistachios until my fingers are bleeding, which is one of the reasons that we never have them in the house. The other being that they cost as much per gram as cocaine.
    Hell, if I didn't do things just because they made me feel a bit ridiculous, I wouldn't have much of a social life. - Santo Rugger.

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Sunflower seeds, I could eat my vast bodyweight in them.

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Cluricaun View post
    I'm a nuts guy myself. Cashews and pistachios mainly. I will open and eat pistachios until my fingers are bleeding, which is one of the reasons that we never have them in the house. The other being that they cost as much per gram as cocaine.
    Same here. The most addictive for me are macadamia nuts, which also happen to be the highest in fat and the most expensive of commonly available nuts (which is saying a lot on both counts).

I also can't stop eating cheese. Once upon a time (i.e. in my twenties), I was known to sit down in front of a football game on TV with a box of wheat crackers, an eight ounce block of sharp cheddar or Gruyere, and a paring knife, and just destroy.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Plums. It's the stupidest thing in the world, because they're hardly an easy snack food, but if I buy a bag of plums it will probably be completely eaten by the end of the day.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Honey roasted peanuts are so freaking tasty! I bought a can the other day and pretty much by the end of the day the can was empty. Cashews are also great and when they're around i have to be good and only try to take a hand full. I used to be a big cheese fan too, but I'd sit there with a tall glass of ice cold milk and eat a block of small cheese. My stomach doesn't enjoy that though anymore lol.

Registered
    Apr 2009

Anything salty. I do pretty well at taking or leaving sweet stuff, but salty food is the devil. I'll eat sunflower seeds until my tongue feels all weird and dessicated (someone please say I'm not the only one this happens to). And then there are these. Pretty much any kettle chips are addictive to me, but these are my special nemesis.

For whom nothing is written. Oliveloaf's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Cashews.
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Clueless but well-meaning Hatshepsut's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

The glazed or coffee-glazed Mauna Loa macadamia nuts are impossible not to gorge on. Thank god they come in small containers or I would have died long ago from eating an entire can. Like OneCentStamp says, it's unfortunate as they are both sickeningly rich and wildly expensive. Also hard to get, at least for us. Not that any of those facts, along with foreknowledge of the lead-bowling-ball feeling I'm going to have in my stomach later, ever stop me.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I can't keep cashews around because they're so tasty I'll eat a pound of them in a day and then spend the next several days regretting it, intestinally-speaking.

Plus at the bottom of each can is this salty/crumbled nut mixture which probably contains somewhere around 10x my daily required sodium but which i'll poke at anyways.

Also garlic bread or a nice fresh baquette. Not really a snack food per se, but put one of those near me and I will make it disappear.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I have a can of cashews calling me from my pantry right now.

I'm not hungry, but they still call me.

I can ignore them for just one more day.
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

Registered
    Sep 2009

Potato chips and onion dip. I will make a meal out of this if given the opportunity
    Give me whiskey when I'm thirsty,Give me a cold beer when I'm dry, Give me root beer when I'm sickly, Give me a headstone when I die.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I don't keep any ice cream, because all I do is eat it. I must be part chick. Last Sunday when the Red Sox were knocked out of the playoffs and the Patriots lost I bought a pint of Ben & Jerry's on the way home and didn't sleep until I downed the whole thing.

Better than crying with a teddy bear I guess.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Tell us about how you cry with your teddy bear, beebs.

+ Reply to thread