Quote Originally posted by Hatshepsut View post
It's a shame if that turns out to be correct, but it does raise an interesting question - generally speaking, what happens next to Nobel winners? Do they go on to even greater glory, new discoveries, earth-changing accomplishments? Or not?
I think this one was given to push Obama to pull out of Iraq faster and not increase troops in Afghanistan. I have no idea if it will have that effect - I hope not - but the Nobel prize is supposed in most cases to be the pinnacle of a brilliant career, and in recognition of some significant contribution to world peace.

Kissinger got it for negotiating the end of the Viet Nam war. Arafat got it for the Oslo treaty. Wilson got it for the League of Nations. The North Vietnamese invaded and conquered South Viet Nam, there is still not peace between the PLO and Israel, and the League of Nations did little to prevent WWII.

So it doesn't seem like the record is real strong for Nobel Peace laureates to see unmarred success even for the stuff they did. How that will play out for someone who hasn't really done much yet remains to be seen.

Regards,
Shodan