+ Reply to thread

Thread: fucking perverts

The Apostabulous Inner Stickler's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default fucking perverts

There was a mass email sent out to the student body at my campus that there were reports of a man peeping in the first year women's dormitories and that he had been apprehended and was not a student and everything was fine now.

I just found out that it was a quasi-lie. There have been reports of two perverts running around the girls' building and the one is a student and not yet rotting in jail for some unknown reason. Why do I know this? Because my friend is an RA and we were chilling in the RA's office because she was on duty when this poor girl came to us in tears because he was back again tonight. I am so freaking pissed off right now and if I see anyone in the bushes by the girls' dormitory I will kick them in the ass so hard they are constipated for a month. The girls should not be afraid to be in their rooms and it's so completely sucky for her first year of college to be tainted by a fucking stalker.

WHAT THE HELL IS SECURITY EVEN DOING ON THIS CAMPUS!?
    I don't think so, therefore I'm probably not.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Not nearly as bad, but we have security problems in our chem separtment. People leave their bags and things in 3 joining rooms, all of which need swipe card entry and have at least a couple of people in each room at all hours. How things get stolen, especially since they know who the main culprit is (not a student either), is a mystery.

Also, on our residential campus one guy once came in and stole 3 or 4 laptops, in one go. So people not only had their doors unlocked, but even physically open, while they weren't in there. Even so, for someone to have the balls to enter rooms (just because the door is open doesn't mean the room is empty) and to leave with an armful of laptops is disturbingly impressive.

On the sexual harassment front, I knew a guy with a very promising standing (both academically and in the wider uni community) who was expelled because he was in a room alone with a girl and she called rape. Did he do it? Maybe. Can anyone prove it? His word against hers. I reckon it was an overreaction, but something like this is probably better to overreact than undereact... until it happens to me, that is.
    Something tells me we haven't seen the last of foreshadowing.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I don't think it's an overreaction when they're standing outside the room masturbating.
    I don't think so, therefore I'm probably not.

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

You've got to feel a little sorry for people without an internet connection to get their masturbation fodder.
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by AllWalker View post
    On the sexual harassment front, I knew a guy with a very promising standing (both academically and in the wider uni community) who was expelled because he was in a room alone with a girl and she called rape. Did he do it? Maybe. Can anyone prove it? His word against hers. I reckon it was an overreaction, but something like this is probably better to overreact than undereact... until it happens to me, that is.
    Expelling somebody based on a totally unproven accusation is a little more than just overreacting.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Inner Stickler View post
    There was a mass email sent out to the student body at my campus that there were reports of a man peeping in the first year women's dormitories and that he had been apprehended and was not a student and everything was fine now.

I just found out that it was a quasi-lie. There have been reports of two perverts running around the girls' building and the one is a student and not yet rotting in jail for some unknown reason. Why do I know this? Because my friend is an RA and we were chilling in the RA's office because she was on duty when this poor girl came to us in tears because he was back again tonight. I am so freaking pissed off right now and if I see anyone in the bushes by the girls' dormitory I will kick them in the ass so hard they are constipated for a month. The girls should not be afraid to be in their rooms and it's so completely sucky for her first year of college to be tainted by a fucking stalker.

WHAT THE HELL IS SECURITY EVEN DOING ON THIS CAMPUS!?
    So, you know that a girl claimed there was once again somebody peeping in the windows. You don't know if she was giving an accurate report.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by AllWalker View post
    Not nearly as bad, but we have security problems in our chem separtment. People leave their bags and things in 3 joining rooms, all of which need swipe card entry and have at least a couple of people in each room at all hours. How things get stolen, especially since they know who the main culprit is (not a student either), is a mystery.

Also, on our residential campus one guy once came in and stole 3 or 4 laptops, in one go. So people not only had their doors unlocked, but even physically open, while they weren't in there. Even so, for someone to have the balls to enter rooms (just because the door is open doesn't mean the room is empty) and to leave with an armful of laptops is disturbingly impressive.

Make you some preprinted consent forms for girls to sign. Testifying that they are of sound mind and legal age. Not that it will guarantee anything but it can't hurt. Except your chances of getting any.
    Welcome to Mellophant.

We started with nothing and we still have most of it left.

Clueless but well-meaning Hatshepsut's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

You could be exactly right, Stickler. But it's also possible there is no lying involved. Maybe there was a non-student pervert who was apprehended, and security honestly believed that was the end of it. However, the reports themselves might have stimulated (heh) copycat behavior in another person.

BTW, how do you know that perv#2 is definitely a student? (Although it wouldn't be a surprise if it is.)

Campus authorities do have a way of circling the wagons, however. I will always remember how I was on reception duty at my dormitory when a girl committed suicide on campus. We were told to deny it if anyone asked us if we knew someone had killed themselves. This was standard policy at the time, driven by a number of concerns: not exposing family and friends of the victim to the notoriety surrounding a suicide; keeping the college from looking bad; and not wanting to encourage copycat behavior. Students became very upset with that policy, though, and AFAIK recall it was ultimately changed - I'm sure the school preferred to keep such deaths under wraps as much as possible, but they did (on paper, at least) switch to a policy of acknowledging suicides when they were asked about them.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Default fucking perverts

Ya know, that's probably the last thing you need to do...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Clueless but well-meaning Hatshepsut's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by BigT View post
    Ya know, that's probably the last thing you need to do...

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Thank you for that post, it lets me know I'm not alone.

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Baldwin View post
    So, you know that a girl claimed there was once again somebody peeping in the windows. You don't know if she was giving an accurate report.
    A girl came in crying and reporting that she had seen him. Presumably she did not identify the person. What would her motive be to make it up?

Why is it every time rape or harassment is mentioned, someone (usually a male) has to come in and pull the "she was probably lying" card? What do you think is more common, actual sex crimes or silly bitches making up report for lulzies?

Registered
    Mar 2009

If she was faking, I'd love to have her audition for some plays because she did a fine job.

For those of you who were wondering, it's gone away for he moment and the girl in question is doing well. Hopefully it was just some dumbfuck student who grew up.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Myrnalene View post
    A girl came in crying and reporting that she had seen him. Presumably she did not identify the person. What would her motive be to make it up?

Why is it every time rape or harassment is mentioned, someone (usually a male) has to come in and pull the "she was probably lying" card? What do you think is more common, actual sex crimes or silly bitches making up report for lulzies?
    What's the data?
    Librarians rule, Oook

Registered
    Sep 2009

Quote Originally posted by Inner Stickler View post
    If she was faking, I'd love to have her audition for some plays because she did a fine job.

For those of you who were wondering, it's gone away for he moment and the girl in question is doing well. Hopefully it was just some dumbfuck student who grew up.
    I was hoping that was the case, since the thread had apparently fizzled out. It's also why I figured my joke would be okay.

+ Reply to thread