+ Reply to thread

Thread: What annoyed you today?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default What annoyed you today?

To break guy:

If you were intently watching a movie, I wouldn't interrupt and start a conversation.

If you were intrigued by the latest episode of Bones, I'd wait until the show was over before initiating a discussion.

If you were playing a video game, I'd come back after you were done.

If I'm reading, STOP FUCKING INTERRUPTING ME. Reading is something I enjoy. Reading is something I must do. Leave me alone!
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Traffic, why must you get so bad in the fall and winter? Where is everyone suddenly going?!

Jali: I hate it when people interrupt my reading, too! Grrrr.
    Last edited by Sarahfeena; 08 Oct 2009 at 02:07 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Time vampires. People who for their own stupid or narcissistic reasons insist on sucking up all of your free time because you're not as important to the world as they are. Fuckers.
    Hell, if I didn't do things just because they made me feel a bit ridiculous, I wouldn't have much of a social life. - Santo Rugger.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Hey AC company, thanks for lying about fixing the leak in that apartment. I was already to paint over the water marks on the wall but lo and behold, they never finished their part of the job.
    Give me whiskey when I'm thirsty,Give me a cold beer when I'm dry, Give me root beer when I'm sickly, Give me a headstone when I die.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default What annoyed you today?

Oddly enough, nothing. But I expect tomorrow will make up for it.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Recording Industry: Continuing to make CDs obnoxiously difficult to open due to shrink wrap and that awful sticky label is CONTRARY TO YOUR INTERESTS. You're TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO BUY CDS. So don't punish us by inflicting malevolent packaging on us. Look, I already downloaded those CDs. Months ago. I didn't have to buy them. Don't dick me over for doing so.

Registered
    Mar 2009

To follow Exy's bitch,

Dear music stores;

You're not actually music stores anymore. The changeover happened when you stopped stocking the music I wanted to buy (and I don't mean obscure shit either) and gave over 75% of your retail space to DVDs. You are almost literally the reason I pirate all my music.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

To follow up on Sarah's point: I spent the weekend in Boston, most of it behind the wheel in intense traffic. I think whenever someone in Boston needs to make a left turn, the entire state's roadways grind to a complete halt. I never saw anything like it.

And I'm from NYC!!!!
    There is more than one way to burn a book. And the world is full of people running about with lit matches. -- Ray Bradbury's "Coda"

Sophmoric Existentialist
    Registered
    Mar 2009

My oven is too small. In a better arranged world, I'd have 2 ovens.

And I'd also have a "girl" as in the old recipes: have your girl beat the whites of 13 eggs . . . .

Meanwhile, it's juggling, juggling, juggling.
    Sophmoric Existentialist

Registered
    Apr 2009

People driving at 15 mph up the sodding mountain and not fucking moving over to let those of us who know how to drive up mountains and who have to have some momentum to prevent the stupid rental car from going backwards, past them.

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Exy View post
    Recording Industry: Continuing to make CDs obnoxiously difficult to open due to shrink wrap and that awful sticky label is CONTRARY TO YOUR INTERESTS. You're TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO BUY CDS. So don't punish us by inflicting malevolent packaging on us. Look, I already downloaded those CDs. Months ago. I didn't have to buy them. Don't dick me over for doing so.
    Yes, if I go berserk and splurge £16 on a fucking CD, I don't want to spend the rest of the evening trying to remove all the gunk off my case. FOAD, you package-spoiling fucktards!
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Just annoyed that last night my wife’s laptop crapped out and we had to reload it. I got it back to factory condition and she just needed to load the printer, anti-virus and a few minor things. But of course factory condition somehow means (Thank you Toshiba you stupid morons) that McAfee Security Suite was loaded. Before she started loading stuff I told her to make sure McAfee was uninstalled but somehow that did not translate to actually checking that it was. So in the middle of installed the printer we had McAfee pop up and be its annoying useless self. We had to go to safe mode to uninstall the crap. All this was of course while I was trying to watch the Yankees playoff game and troubleshoot the fact that my Internet went down during the game. So end result, my wife’s laptop is fine and the Yankees won the first round in a sweep and get to move on but we still have no Internet. I’ll have to fix that when I get home tonight assuming it does not come back on its own.

I really did not want to be playing computer tech last night during the playoff game.

Bad Tempered Old Tyrant Queen of Hearts's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Goddamn it bookkeeper! My priority on Monday morning is not timesheets for our (two) hourly employees that don't have to be in until day after tomorrow! If you haven't heard, the phones are ringing and we have three days of orders to catch up on. STFU!

Queen of the Metrolink
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    A wretched hive of scum and villainy, So Cal

A more accurate answer would be, "what didn't annoy me today?" Or everyday, for that matter.

The usual suspects:
    Creepy people on the train
    People standing on the left side of the escalator. Move it or lose it, jackhole!
    The Rolly-bag crew (endemic at school, annoying to the max)
    The fact that the "research" section of my "legal writing and research" has been taking us hither and yon and beyond the scope of the problem, leading to a giant binder full of completely irrelevant cases.
    The fact that I didn't get Columbus Day off
    The fact that I can't get a goddamn Dr.'s appointment for six weeks. I have anxiety NOW, not six weeks from now.
    Tension headache that actually made it hurt to have the wind go through my hair. Meanwhile, frying my liver on ibuprofen.
    I'm pro-choice and I shoot back.

Queen of the Metrolink
    Registered
    Mar 2009

PS why the fuck is my title, "Stegodon?" Stegodon, really? I couldn't get something cool like a TRex or something?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Lady Xoc View post
    PS why the fuck is my title, "Stegodon?" Stegodon, really? I couldn't get something cool like a TRex or something?
    Under Options you can change the user titles but a Stegodon is actually a type of extinct Pygmy Elephant.

Queen of the Metrolink
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by What Exit? View post
    Under Options you can change the user titles but a Stegodon is actually a type of extinct Pygmy Elephant.
    Wow something with a simple answer; at last my day has some measure of satisfaction! Thanks WE?.

(And a little embarrassed that I mistook "stegodon" for "stegosaurus." My inner 6 year old is mortified! )

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Dear whoever is in charge of the train scheduling for the Muni:

Die. Die soon. Die of something painful, and sexually-transmitted.

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

It's annoying me right now.

Workmen, or their bosses, who think it is alright to start work drilling and banging on an entirely unneccessary job at 8.10am, take 45mins doing it, and then toddle off to their next job. Inconsiderate bastards!
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Today I received my electric bill on the day it's due. Again. I can't seem to ever get it before the due date, so I end up with late fees most months. I'm not made of money, National Grid!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Taumpy View post
    Today I received my electric bill on the day it's due. Again. I can't seem to ever get it before the due date, so I end up with late fees most months. I'm not made of money, National Grid!
    Can't you go to autopay? Have you complained? They are actually responsible to give you a reasonable lead time. Why are they so late. Complain the the Board of Public Utilities in your state and see what they say. Request a reversal of the late fees you should not have had to pay.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I should just set up an auto-billing. I really should be directing my anger at the post office. From the date on the bill (that they say it was sent) they are giving me a reasonable amount of time, it just isn't getting here until the due date. It happens occasionally with other bills, but I pay them online so I don't think about it. Some of my neighbors have the same problem. I've spoke to the post office about it but they never know anything, so..

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I had a very tasty bowl of soup for lunch today, but I cut my lip on the little plastic spoon I was given to eat it with. The nagging discomfort of the cut is far outlasting the pleasure I got from eating the soup.

Yes, I'm a cat. What's it to you? Muffin's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Northwestern Ontario 48°17'42.8"N,89°23'21.2"W

Having a tooth pulled this afternoon annoyed me. Now that the freezing has worn off, IT'S ANNOYING THE HELL OUT OF ME!

Queen of the Metrolink
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Attention old wizened Orange County seahags: if you can't roll with the prole, gtfo the metrolink. You are not too good to not let people sit by you, especially on the crowded 5pm train.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by What Exit? View post
    Before she started loading stuff I told her to make sure McAfee was uninstalled but somehow that did not translate to actually checking that it was. So in the middle of installed the printer we had McAfee pop up and be its annoying useless self.

I really did not want to be playing computer tech last night during the playoff game.
    Might require Mcafee consumer product removal tool MCPR.exe, or possibly activation of the Mcafee shit followed by removal of it with MCPR.exe.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Taumpy View post
    I had that problem with my phone bills, so I went over to direct payment through my bank.

Then the phone company took the payments for my various accounts and plopped them all into one account, and sent me disconnection notices for the other accounts. After six months of this nonsense, they determined that the problem lay with the finance department clerk not reading the customer service clerk's emails.

This, plus some serious problems with my name not being in the proper place in the phone book led to a $3,000 refund.

My initial feeling whenever I get a call from my phone company is "What the fuck is the problem with you people?" Invariably, they have a problem that could be solved with a bit of rational thought, but they are too dog-shit stupid to figure out their own solutions.
    Last edited by Muffin; 17 Oct 2009 at 09:25 AM.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Why do people who know better keep asking me for weather judgments?

I can understand why the guy in the supermarket asked me, really - he doesn't know me, he doesn't realize that I'm not someone you ask about the weather. But he is the one to get me thinking about this.

I do not judge weather by the same criteria any one else, it seems. I like cool weather, and I seem to define cool where many people have their IT'S FREEZING COLD YOU BASTARD!! settings.

I remember one time walking in to my ship for weekend duty, I was enjoying the brisk wind coming onto the pier from the harbor, and had my windbreaker open to better feel it. When the offgoing duty section asked me what the weather was like, I told them I thought it was a little windy, but nice and comfortable.

Ten minutes after they'd first left the ship, they were back, getting foul weather gear so they could survive the blustering cold. And telling me to remind them to never, ever ask me for weather judgments again.

What annoys the piss out of me is that my family persists in asking me for weather reports - and then getting mad when I get it wrong from their point of view!

Why do you keep asking me if you need a heavier coat than "this" one? I don't know. I'm in t-shirt and comfortable! Stop asking me!!!!! I am polar bear! This is not news! Stop asking me!!!!!!!

Queen of the Metrolink
    Registered
    Mar 2009

You know what annoyed me yesterday and continues to annoy me today? Uncrustables. One, the name. Fucking uncrustables, really? Two, who the fuck is so lazy that they can't even work up the energy to make a goddamn PB&J? Three, oh, you don't like crusts? Here's your trip on the waaahmbulance. Christ a'mighty. e: Four, what a goddamn waste of material and energy to spend on packaging.

Uncrustables are the very symbol of everything that is wrong with America today. I say that without a single hint of irony.
    Last edited by Lady Xoc; 21 Oct 2009 at 03:26 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Lady Xoc View post
    Uncrustables are the very symbol of everything that is wrong with America today. I say that without a single hint of irony.
    The fact that they are the center of a lawsuit only makes your complaint even more accurate!

Registered
    Feb 2009

But the big money is in patenting a PB&J sandwich with crust.

Queen of the Metrolink
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by OtakuLoki View post
    The fact that they are the center of a lawsuit only makes your complaint even more accurate!
    Smuckers...:Shake:

e: more thoughtful reply

Five, abusing the legal system to 1. litigate the competition and 2. protect their lame sorry corporate asses. Soon, we'll be living in a post-Apocalyptic walled city, a wholly owned subsidiary of Smuckers-Exxon. Beware the genetically enhanced corporate army.

There, the circle is now complete.
    Last edited by Lady Xoc; 21 Oct 2009 at 09:19 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Registered
    Mar 2009

Amazon Seller Central, why do we sometimes get orders in our Inbox so late they're in Late Shipment status as soon as we get them? We were up to date as of last Friday, but this morning we have a new order dated the 21st. WTF? It also makes me have to adjust our sales number on that date. Wankers.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Dear Tenant,

When I call to tell you that I'll be over in 15 minutes to fix your stove, that does not mean start cooking on it before I get there.
    Give me whiskey when I'm thirsty,Give me a cold beer when I'm dry, Give me root beer when I'm sickly, Give me a headstone when I die.

Registered
    Feb 2009

My phone rang in the middle of class. Why does this only happen to me and only during critiques when I don't have my backpack next to me?

Speaking of the critique, one guy's presentation was *physically* painful. Why? Because on every slide he had spelled tattoos as tattoo's. There were other errors as well, but that was the biggest, most obvious one. Seriously, you're a designer, you have to be able to SPELL. I would never hire you just from seeing that. Why? Because I don't want to have to babysit you to make sure everything gets proofread. That's ridiculous.

No one else had errors that bad (one guy used 'palate' instead of 'palette', but it was on one slide and at least that's properly spelled)
    When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. When all you have is a bowel disruptor, everything's a poop joke.
    www.CuriouslyLydean.net - comics, cocktails, writing, and other odd things.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Snow.

Dammit.

Registered
    Feb 2009

A couple of nights ago, I came across a paper published a couple of years ago that repeatedly cited work I did twenty years ago. When I read the cites, I thought, yes, that sounds like something I would have said, but I hadn’t a clue as to what I apparently was talking about. It feels as if it was another time in another life. Another me.

Crap. I really felt old that night.

Then yesterday evening, I learned that the father of a couple of my dearest friends died from complications from a fall at 102, and I felt very sad.

But it made me realize that no, I'm not old, I should not be bothered about not recalling the past as if it were yesterday, and I should greet every day as if it were my first day with the world opening up before me. Like Scarlett said, "Tomorrow is another day." So here's to all the todays yet to come.

Porno Dealing Monster pepperlandgirl's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Dear Starbucks Jerks,

Unless you are under the age of 12, or you are at a ski lodge, there is no good reason to order hot chocolate. There's especially no good reason to order hot chocolate at 7 in the goddamned morning. Some of us need our caffeine in the morning. You're just fucking around because there's nothing in hot chocolate you actually need. And you're wasting my time. Stay home and make your hot chocolate. I can't get my pumpkin spice latte at home!

No love,
    Coffee Curmudgeon
    I'm still swimming in harmony. I'm still dreaming of flight. I'm still lost in the waves night after night...

Do you have an idea or an article you would like to see on the Electric Elephant? Email me at theelectricelephant(at)gmail.com!

Sophmoric Existentialist
    Registered
    Mar 2009

What annoys me today? The number of fools I have to deal with. There are too many fools. My sister used to say we should get to shoot a fool a week and by god she was right, only it should be a fool an hour and it would be DECADES before I ran out of candidates.
    Sophmoric Existentialist

+ Reply to thread