+ Reply to thread

Thread: Fucking bastard cunting spoilsports!

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Fucking bastard cunting spoilsports!

Who the fuck is charged with scouring internet sites looking for footage they don't think we should be allowed to see?

Case in point, Ninjavideo has a sub-forum that has been displaying UFC fight nights the day after they take place. I realise these shows are PPV, but once the event is over, what is the point of removing broadcasts, other than to piss people off?

Can anyone give me a good reason not to wish a painful, lingering death on these inconsiderate scumbags?
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Maybe UFC found out and made them stop, They might have plans to release Greatest Hits or Road to the Championship type videos.
    Welcome to Mellophant.

We started with nothing and we still have most of it left.

Registered
    Feb 2009

It's theft of property, Ivan. As you know, that's both wrong and illegal.

Though what the actual value of recordings of UFC fights is, I don't know. I'm unfamiliar with UFC, but if it's like most sports, it's all about money. If people are bothering to put day-old PPV sports stuff online, there must be people who want to see it; that's a potential market.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Stop being reasonable in my ranting thread. The bastards repeat it all the next day anyway, allowing anyone with cable to record it for free, so the only people they seem to be benefitting is the cable provider, ie. ESPN.

Ooooohhhh, you fuckers, ESPN! Is it you that's doing all that fiddling about and trying to make me pay for my monthly violence allowance?

ps. Baldwin, it's not "property" if I can make it disappear with a tap on a keypad.
    Last edited by ivan astikov; 21 Sep 2009 at 07:57 AM.
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Glazer View post
    Maybe UFC found out and made them stop, They might have plans to release Greatest Hits or Road to the Championship type videos.
    And if they were going to charge a reasonable price, rather than make maximum profit out of me, I'd be willing to pay.

It's like with the marketing of music. The only time the prices come down is when the buyers drop off and they find other products of interest to purchase - ones they will likely be paying top whack for.
    Last edited by ivan astikov; 21 Sep 2009 at 08:04 AM.

I put the DU in DUMBO. Dangerously Unqualified's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Perhaps they were rebroadcasting the fights with "Implied Oral Consent" instead of "Express Written Consent".

Registered
    Feb 2009

I don't even know what that means!

Registered
    Jul 2009

You guys won't even let him have his rage! THIS ENRAGES ME!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Thank you for the immoral support, binks.

Now I'm going to hijack my own thread and RAEG about either Ninjavideo or my piece of shit computer, one of which is fucking up my ability to watch said UFC show because the piece of shit link won't buffer properly!

GRRRRRRRRRR! :Shake: RAAAAAAAEG! THIS IS SPARTA!

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by ivan astikov View post
    And if they were going to charge a reasonable price, rather than make maximum profit out of me, I'd be willing to pay.

It's like with the marketing of music. The only time the prices come down is when the buyers drop off and they find other products of interest to purchase - ones they will likely be paying top whack for.
    Quote Originally posted by Still Quoting Ivan here,
    The bastards repeat it all the next day anyway, allowing anyone with cable to record it for free
    This price seems reasonable.

Quote Originally posted by finishing Ivan's Quote
    allowing anyone with cable to record it for free, so the only people they seem to be benefitting is the cable provider, ie. ESPN.
    I guarantee ESPN is paying UFC for the rights to do this. So the UFC is benefiting. The sponsors get to show ads, so they benefit. A lot of unseen jobs get cut out when you pirate intellectual property.

Quote Originally posted by Baldwin
    It's theft of property, Ivan. As you know, that's both wrong and illegal.
    Quote Originally posted by one last Quote from Ivan
    I don't even know what that means!
    Welcome to Mellophant.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by binks View post
    You guys won't even let him have his rage! THIS ENRAGES ME!
    Isn't she cute? Look how red she's gitting.
    Welcome to Mellophant.

Registered
    Sep 2009

44.95 is a little steep.

Registered
    Feb 2009

This price seems reasonable.
    Ah, but it's not "free" free. You still have to pay for the show provider's channel. The way I see it, if you want me to watch your shows, don't expect me to pay for it as well.

I guarantee ESPN is paying UFC for the rights to do this. So the UFC is benefiting. The sponsors get to show ads, so they benefit. A lot of unseen jobs get cut out when you pirate intellectual property.
    Oh, don't you start bringing the advertising industry into this or I will RAEG!

As far as I'm concerned, if a product is worth buying, you don't need to give it the hard or soft sell. Word of mouth will do the job in this interconnected age.

So, as Bill Hicks said, "If you are in the ad industry, kill yourself! Seriously - this isn't a joke...KILL YOURSELF. You are a shit stain on the carpet of humanity".

The last sentence in that quote was my own addition, but I don't think it ruins the essence of it.
    Last edited by ivan astikov; 22 Sep 2009 at 02:18 PM.

+ Reply to thread