+ Reply to thread

Thread: Odd combinations of leftovers you've eaten for dinner

Clueless but well-meaning Hatshepsut's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Odd combinations of leftovers you've eaten for dinner

Sometimes we have really odd combinations of food on the dinner table, because I hate throwing out food so I serve up the last little bits even if it doesn't match whatever else we're having.

For example, last night we had spaghetti and meatballs ... and samosas with chutney.

Have you had any meals like that lately?

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Funny you should ask. My husband is out of town, so I've been eating leftovers every night. Tonight, it was pizza, and when I was done I was still a little hungry, so I ate some stuffing that was not enough to save for a meal for all of us.

For whom nothing is written. Oliveloaf's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I frequently make a "3P" sandwich, to the delight (and disgust) of my daughter.

I use leftover thin-crust pizza as bread, and make a sandwich of peanutbutter and crushed potato chips.

Yummy.
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Mar 2009

I'm sorry, dude, but that is revolting.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Oliveloaf View post

I use leftover thin-crust pizza as bread, and make a sandwich of peanutbutter and crushed potato chips.

Yummy.
    I bet that's good, actually. Although I don't plan on any empirical research to find out.

The Apostabulous Inner Stickler's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I can see the potato chips. But the peanut butter makes me a little concerned.

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Yummy.
    Since I read all of your posts in James Garner's voice, this is particulary saddening. :wink

Registered
    Mar 2009

Actually did the 3P thing this morning.

It was an onion and garlic thin crust, Baked Ruffles, and creamy Jif.

Awesome.
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Mar 2009

I also had leftover pizza for breakfast. Pure and unadulterated. This is the only supposed-to-be-hot food that I can not only eat cold, but I actually pretty much like it just as well that way. Yum.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I'll eat anything we've got when it's just me at home. A little cold Chinese and maybe a cold slice of quesadilla and then maybe some cheese and then maybe some cold beef stew and then some crackers with peanut butter on the side. I can successfully graze an entire meal out of the fridge in about 5 minutes just having a bite or two of everything and a few beers.

I like to call my fiancee when she's working late and say "Hey, I'm going to stand here with the fridge door wide open and drink a beer while I poke and sample anything I want to in the fridge and if something really strikes my fancy, I'll just eat it right out of the tupperware in front of the TV or computer without even warming it up." Drives her bonkers.
    Hell, if I didn't do things just because they made me feel a bit ridiculous, I wouldn't have much of a social life. - Santo Rugger.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by OneCentStamp View post
    Since I read all of your posts in James Garner's voice, this is particulary saddening. :wink
    I am glad that you hear me is Mr. Garner, because in spirit, we are one in the same.

(I badly need a gold '74 Firebird)

-Jim Rockford

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Cluricaun View post
    I like to call my fiancee when she's working late and say "Hey, I'm going to stand here with the fridge door wide open and drink a beer while I poke and sample anything I want to in the fridge and if something really strikes my fancy, I'll just eat it right out of the tupperware in front of the TV or computer without even warming it up." Drives her bonkers.
    Let me guess: you do all of this harvesting with a single soup spoon, dipping from one container to the next. There's nothing like pulling a single, enormous, 3 ounce bite of cold chow mein out of the little trapezoidal carry-out container with a big spoon. Mmmm.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by OneCentStamp View post
    Let me guess: you do all of this harvesting with a single soup spoon, dipping from one container to the next. There's nothing like pulling a single, enormous, 3 ounce bite of cold chow mein out of the little trapezoidal carry-out container with a big spoon. Mmmm.
    Or just one fork depending on what I'm going after, but of course. I lick the utensil clean before moving from one thing to the next, so I'm being clean about it. :wink
    Hell, if I didn't do things just because they made me feel a bit ridiculous, I wouldn't have much of a social life. - Santo Rugger.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

You're not a real man unless you're in only underwear when you do this.

PS: Oliveloaf, you're gross.
    Last edited by Exy; 17 Sep 2009 at 01:34 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Exy View post
    You're not a real man unless you're in only underwear when you do this.
    Ten bucks says he is.

Quote Originally posted by Exy
    PS: Oliveloaf, you're gross.
    OMG, I know, right?!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Sarahfeena View post
    Ten bucks says he is.

You win.

Registered
    Mar 2009

My 3P Pizza is only gross because of the lack of marketing behind it.

Were it repackaged as the California Pizza Kitchen Thai Crispy Taro and Peanut Pizza,

people would pay $13.50 for it.

-Jim Rockford

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

My 3P Pizza is only gross because of the lack of marketing behind it.

Were it repackaged as the California Pizza Kitchen Thai Crispy Taro and Peanut Pizza,

people would pay $13.50 for it.
    The fact that this is true doesn't make it any less gross.

I seem to have picked up bachelor-guy eating habits from somewhere, as I have been known to eat a couple handfuls of stale croutons and a few spoons of peanut butter and call it 'dinner'.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I'll eat anything we've got when it's just me at home. A little cold Chinese and maybe a cold slice of quesadilla and then maybe some cheese and then maybe some cold beef stew and then some crackers with peanut butter on the side.
    Leftover Chinese? Quesadillas? Cheese? Beef stew? ::checks fridge::

Peanut butter? Crackers? ::checks pantry::

WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY KITCHEN?

Registered
    Sep 2009

The last time that I had a dinner like that was the Tuesday and Wednesday following Labor Day. I sat down to meals of reheated burgers and dogs and tons of salads. My family never thinks about the amount of people who are showing up for events and instead makes food for at least 5 extra people.

When we have leftovers from dinner it's usually made into lunches the next day.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Yummy.
    Sounds awesome. Peanut butter on plain cheese pizza is one of the reasons I'm so fat...

Joe

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by CairoCarol View post
    Leftover Chinese? Quesadillas? Cheese? Beef stew? ::checks fridge::

Peanut butter? Crackers? ::checks pantry::

WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY KITCHEN?
    Oh shit, sorry. I shouldn't be in my drawers then either huh?

+ Reply to thread