+ Reply to thread

Thread: Racist Beating in Georgia

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Racist Beating in Georgia

Nice. Really nice. Apparently going out with your 7 year-old daughter is reason enough to get the shit beaten out of you. That is, if you live in Georgia.

In poking around, I came across a web site that gives the street address and telephone number of the arrested suspect's place of business. Now, I think this guy needs to get the book thrown at him and be jailed for what he did, but the idea that anyone with a vigilante bent might well go forth and commit a crime of vengeance is distressing.

The guy is white trash. Yep. I said it. He's everything that defines a classless violent racist speck of shit and that's white trash. Poor, rich, middle-class, who cares. He's trash. A passel of witnesses confirmed the racist language he used as he beat up this woman.

He belongs in jail; when he loses the civil case his business should be sold down to the foundation and the proceeds used to pay the damages to the woman and her daughter.

Asshole.

Cartooniverse
    Last edited by Sarahfeena; 16 Sep 2009 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Fixed link
    If you want to kiss the sky, you'd better learn how to kneel.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I'd really like to know what level of bond this asshat had to post to be released til the preliminary hearing. My first reaction to hearing that someone chose to beat a woman in front of her daughter because she asked him to pay more attention to people around him, is that he's not sane, nor safe to be out in public - at the very least he should face a mental health evaluation, since there's no way that response was either appropriate or proportional. The inability to determine appropriate and proportional responses to stimuli is one of the better definitions I can think of for insanity.

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

It's being investigated as a "possible hate crime"? Do they think he might have been beating the poor woman with a lump of love?

Btw, I could spend a good 10 minutes kicking that big mullet-head before I got bored.
    Last edited by ivan astikov; 17 Sep 2009 at 05:00 AM.
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Registered
    Feb 2009

This kind of crime can happen anywhere, and in fact there are probably more racist beatings in Boston than in small Georgia towns.

I don't generally like having "hate crime" laws, but if we're going to have them, this is probably a good application thereof. What a douche.

I can hardly think of a worse experience for a small child than to helplessly watch her mother being beaten.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Baldwin View post
    I can hardly think of a worse experience for a small child than to helplessly watch her mother being beaten.
    And worse still, it seems, for no other adult to intervene...or certainly not quick enough to save her mom from a brutal beating.

I can only guess that there were no other people who were not white in the area, because I can't imagine any black bystanders putting up with that shit.
    Last edited by ivan astikov; 17 Sep 2009 at 06:08 AM.
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I think that I would have immediately intervened. But often, when something bizarre happens (without warning) in front of people, their natural reaction is to simply stare at it as their brain tries to fit it into their picture of reality.

Registered
    Feb 2009

While he was otherwise engaged, it would be so easy to apply a good heel kick to his knee joint, but if he was particularly large, I'd probably have ad libbed some kind of weapon too, like my keys between my clenched fist as I punched his throat, or ear.

ooh, some assholes don't half bring out my violent side!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Well, if I had time, like if I heard somebody breaking into my place and it took him a minute, I'd be able to plan a satisfying course of destruction. We've all got our violent side.

But if a man suddenly started beating a woman in front of me while I was on my way to eggs and hash browns, I just hope I'd react in a way to stop the beating. Tempting though it might be, we don't really have the right to commit vigilante mayhem beyond what's necessary to get control of the situation.

At least we've got cops and a justice system on the job, more or less. Fifty years ago, Troy Dale West (and doesn't that name just fit right into a stereotype?) would have had a good chance of not being in any legal trouble at all. For that matter, he could have had Ms. Hill arrested for entering the front door of what certainly would have been a white-only restaurant.

I've had better days, but I don't care! hatesfreedom's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

The devil went down to Georgia
    he was looking for a black to beat.
    He was in a bind
    'Cause he was way behind
    And he was willin' to make a deal

When he came across this young woman
    Sawin' on a fiddle and playin' it hot
    And the devil jumped up and got out his hickory whip
    And said girl let me tell you what

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

On the up side, it couldn't have happened in front of a more appropriately named restaurant.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Actually I'm pretty sure that given their history of lawsuits this kind of thing is probably written into the corporate by-laws at Cracker Barrel.
    Last edited by Cluricaun; 17 Sep 2009 at 12:47 PM.
    Hell, if I didn't do things just because they made me feel a bit ridiculous, I wouldn't have much of a social life. - Santo Rugger.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

This kind of crime can happen anywhere, and in fact there are probably more racist beatings in Boston than in small Georgia towns.
    If that were actually true, there wouldn't be so many opportunities for southerners to recite this same litany, now, would there? Why are southerners always so quick to leap to insult the north whenever something like this happens in the south, anyway? No one else brought up the fact that this happened in the south.

אני אוהב יהודים!
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by hatesfreedom View post
    The devil went down to Georgia
    he was looking for a black to beat.
    He was in a bind
    'Cause he was way behind
    And he was willin' to make a deal

When he came across this young woman
    Sawin' on a fiddle and playin' it hot
    And the devil jumped up and got out his hickory whip
    And said girl let me tell you what
    Let's get married and not have babies.

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Exy View post
    If that were actually true, there wouldn't be so many opportunities for southerners to recite this same litany, now, would there? Why are southerners always so quick to leap to insult the north whenever something like this happens in the south, anyway? No one else brought up the fact that this happened in the south.
    Living in a large city in the north, I would say that racial violence here isn't so much like, "a bunch of guys of one color jumped one guy of another color and beat the shit out of him." It seems to be more about clashes of various ethnic groups when neighborhoods change over, and turf wars. There are racial tensions in some neighborhoods, but it seems to be rare that an individual will get targeted.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Exy View post
    No one else brought up the fact that this happened in the south.
    "Apparently going out with your 7 year-old daughter is reason enough to get the shit beaten out of you. That is, if you live in Georgia."

That's direct from the OP, Exy, and a real tone-setter.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by OneCentStamp View post
    One day I will learn to read.

Mea culpa, post retracted.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Apples and oranges. Are there more racist beatings of exactly this type in a New England town of equal population?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by OneCentStamp View post
    "Apparently going out with your 7 year-old daughter is reason enough to get the shit beaten out of you. That is, if you live in Georgia."

Otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned geography either. My interest is accuracy, not defending the Southern tradition of willfully-retarded racists. As noted, it's apples and oranges; pig-ignorant racism comes out differently in different places.

According to a Huffington Post story, Ms. Hill said that what West actually called her was a "fucking black nigger bitch". I wonder what we'll find out about West's background. (Does it really matter?)

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Cluricaun View post
    Actually I'm pretty sure that given their history of lawsuits this kind of thing is probably written into the corporate by-laws at Cracker Barrel.
    They don't have the best record when it comes to discrimination.

Registered
    Mar 2009

According to a Huffington Post story, Ms. Hill said that what West actually called her was a "fucking black nigger bitch". I wonder what we'll find out about West's background. (Does it really matter?)
    THIS is the tone-setter. The truth, what that speck of shit said and did. Me, I just accurately brought the story into a thread.

He was denied bail. I would insert a smiley here, but I've no doubt but that he's just the hero of the county jail down there.

Registered
    Feb 2009

He's like a character from an Erskine Caldwell novel.

ETA: Just heard West has been indicted.
    Last edited by Baldwin; 24 Sep 2009 at 06:36 AM.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Cartooniverse View post
    He was denied bail. I would insert a smiley here, but I've no doubt but that he's just the hero of the county jail down there.
    Not if the county jail is full of "fucking black niggers."

Registered
    Mar 2009

How will he know them when he sees them? Does he have superior powers that allow him to discern such?

Registered
    Sep 2009

He might have blackdar.

+ Reply to thread