Registered
    Mar 2009

Default "Future events such as these will affect you in the future!"

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Huh.

From the film website:

Simple [sic] titled Plan 9, the remake will be a serious-minded retelling of the original story, paying homage to the spirit of Wood's film without resorting to camp or parody. The film will focus on the horror and science-fiction aspects of the original, but will also be largely character-driven.
    I don't know if this is going to work.
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I noticed the dog wasn't very concerned about its master getting dragged into the undergrowth, which niggled a little bit, but I'd watch it, just to see WTF it's all about.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Myrnalene View post
    I don't know if this is going to work.
    In all seriousness, I think it's an intriguing project. It's become commonplace for Hollywood to remake successful films; but I think it's much more worthwhile to take an interesting failure and try to make it work cinematically.

It'd be easy to make a film that simply mocks the original's inadvertently comic quality, but attempting to present the same material in a serious light is much more challenging. Ed Wood plainly intended the original as a genuinely frightening horror/SF film. Is it even possible to use that source material successfully? I'm curious to see what they do with it.

Of course, the real question is who they cast in the role of Bela Lugosi's home movie footage.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Nuke 'em from orbit, it's the only way to be sure. Then spread radioactive waste over the ground to keep them from coming back.
    Proud member of the '09 Phanters! K.I.L.L. S.M.U.R.F.S.
    Have you ever wondered if your mom kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob? You are now. "To be second in space is to be second in everything," LBJ

+ Reply to thread