+ Reply to thread

Thread: Thoughts for future rounds

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Thoughts for future rounds

I was giving this a little bit of thought as to why these things died down last time. I figure that it would be better to have set deadlines for round length as before they'd go on a little long. Maybe 2 or 3 days, just to keep things moving.

Also, it seemed like there was some always confusion as to who was going next, so maybe if no one is lined up then OneCentStamp or myself (and jali if she's interested!) can just fire one up.

Thoughts?

Registered
    Mar 2009

I think having a set end to each round is a good idea, though since you asked for people's thoughts I'll be honest: I still don't entirely understand how you play. Looking at previous rounds, how do you decide when a song has been eliminated? Is there a threshhold of votes or what?
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Here's how jali phrased it in the first thread

Quote Originally posted by jali
    Choose one song as the best for each battle: Each round will be 24 hours (or so - I'm at work). The song with the most votes in each battle will battle another song with the most votes until we have a winner.
    The 24 hours eventually became "whenever the OP decided the round had dragged on long enough"

The rules could probably use some fine tuning, too, as in "please post the songs you are voting FOR" or something like that. The U2 thread's a little confusing.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Suggestions for future battles:
    Steely Dan
    Toto
    Genesis
    Police
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

Registered
    Feb 2009

How about Song of the Year 2009.

Get 64 suggestions from the members across the globe with links to YouTube and have them face off.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Mar 2009

That's a good idea, CatInASuit. It would be good to run along with the current weekly(ish) one. I was actually thinking of doing something similar for Christmas.

+ Reply to thread