+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who is the most famous person you've ever met (ever)?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Zuul View post
    I'm no huge Dave Matthews fan or anything, but that's pretty cool! I hope your friend's daughter liked getting a cartoon on her hat and wasn't just randomly accosted by a musician.
    Oh no, she was a big Dave Matthews fan at the time. She was over the moon.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Not particularly exciting but some years ago I met Billy Costa while he was doing a demonstration for some cookware or another at a Filene's (I happened to be working there at the time). He is somewhat famous in the Boston area for being a co-host on Kiss 108's morning show (Matty in the Morning), and for years he was the host of the TV show Phantom Gourmet.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Hatshepsut View post
    Lucky you - and I'm not surprised, he always radiated an aura suggesting that he was a good soul.

I was so, so bummed when he died young.
    I mourned his death. I didn't expect it to affect me so much, but it really hurt.
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

Queen of the Metrolink
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    A wretched hive of scum and villainy, So Cal

Quote Originally posted by silenus View post
    Depends. Did he touch you?

Sigh, don't I wish! No, I was swept away by the pressing crowd. Now I know what it must have been like to see the Beatles when they first to the US.
    I'm pro-choice and I shoot back.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Sarahfeena View post
    That's funny, because when I told that story on the SDMB, someone said that they knew someone who had met him through a work situation (I think that was the story, if I'm remembering it correctly), and also thought he was a jerk. Maybe I met him on a good day!
    Even the world's jerkiest jerks aren't jerks 100% of the time.

Registered
    Mar 2009

We scored some really clean liquid acid at a Dead show in Maine.

I didn't actually *meet* God, but we waved at each other...
    Anything is possible if you use enough lubricant.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I met Jason Mewes this Saturday at a Horror Movie convention in Worcester, MA. He was a nice guy.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by OneCentStamp View post
    I'm completely jealous of you. He always seemed like someone who, beyond simply being an amazing musician, would be a fascinating person to know.
    He played the old Rockefeller's club in Houston several times. One time when I went to see him, I happened to run into him between sets. We spent about 15 minutes chatting about music and guitars. He was a very nice guy and his death was an incredible loss to the music world.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by M_Westerhutch View post
    I met Jason Mewes this Saturday at a Horror Movie convention in Worcester, MA. He was a nice guy.
    I've run into him at least twice in Red Bank. He was running a comic book store there for a while on Monmouth St.

This was years ago though, probably around the time of Mall Rats or Chasing Amy. Since then I have seen him but not talked to him at all.

And yes, I walked into the comic book store only because I heard he often worked there and I wanted to see if he did and say hi. Sad really that I would do that. As comic book stores went this one seemed more interesting than usual but I am no expert.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Lots 'o politicians: Bill Clinton, Al Gore, Paul Simon, Dick Gephardt, Mike Dukakis, Jesse Jackson and a bunch of Ohio politicos you probably wouldn't know, including our current governor. Haven't met President Obama yet, but I'd like to. Long ago I met two-time Heisman winner Archie Griffin, who came to my school for a Reading is FUNdamental event. I'd written one of the school's best essays about reading, or so my teacher told me, and got to meet him.

I was on stage with Penn & Teller for their hilarious "Mofo the Psychic Gorilla" routine. Met Leonard Nimoy, James Doohan and David Gerrold at a ST convention.

And as I never tire of boasting, my dad dated Oscar-winning actress Judi Dench (in the Fifties, while visiting the UK); my mom met Eleanor Roosevelt (my grandfather was very active in the Democratic Party); and both of my parents saw Albert Einstein bicycling around Princeton when they lived there.
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 20 Oct 2009 at 10:27 AM.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Sarahfeena View post
    I don't think I understand the question.
    Your Boss's girlfriend or Michael Jordan's.

A lame joke. Apologies.

I forgot. I worked with...

William Shatner

He was a schmuck.
    If you want to kiss the sky, you'd better learn how to kneel.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Elendil's Heir View post
    and both of my parents saw Albert Einstein bicycling around Princeton when they lived there.

Oh god that's cool.
    If you want to kiss the sky, you'd better learn how to kneel.

+ Reply to thread