+ Reply to thread

Thread: Who here has written a novel or novels?

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Who here has written a novel or novels?

And how did you prepare before writing it/them? Did you do a lot of research beforehand or just start writing? Did you have a concrete theme or setting decided upon before you started?

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

BUMP

Registered
    Mar 2009

Didn't see this thread before!

I have written one but have not gotten it published. Yet. I am still hopeful. :-)

I have always loved writing for fun and just in the last few years began thinking about possibly writing a REAL novel. This one was loosely based on a dream I had; it involves a lot of medical stuff that I didn't have a clue about (spinal cord injury, treatment, rehabilitation etc) so there was a LOT of research involved. It would not have been possible for me without computer access.

The dream it was based on was just a VERY basic idea- small time singer injured in a car wreck, paralyzed from the waist down, his care-giver is one of his fans. So I had to do a LOT of fleshing out, and had several changes that I did not expect. See... my characters become real people to me and they often get ideas in their heads I did not count on.

Hopefully in the not-so-distant future you will see a book called 'Healing Hearts' in print!

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Good luck with it, PapSett! Sounds like a neat idea story idea.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Thanks Sarahfeena! I am really very proud of it; if you (or anyone else!) would like to read it, I would be MORE than glad to share it and hopefully get some unbiased feedback on it. If anyone is interested, just PM me your e mail addy and I'll send the Word Doc to you.

+ Reply to thread