+ Reply to thread

Thread: The Appreciation Thread

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default The Appreciation Thread

Everyone at Mellophant would like to thank the following people for helping us get off the ground:

CRSP, for founding domebo and graciously turning it over to us when he didn't have the time to run it anymore.

McNutty, for kindly offering his server to us when we needed one in the early days, and hosting it all these months.

What Exit? for agreeing to manage this changeover and making it happen.

elmwood, for helping What Exit? with all the technical stuff that is so technical, I don't know what it all is. All I know is, we couldn't have done it without him, and he and What Exit? have been working their asses off to get it done.

MarissaW, for going to my "Saving Dumbo" thread, and getting us on track with making the decisions we needed to make to get this rolling.

ALL the folks at GiraffeBoards and the SDMB who encouraged and helped us in this endeavor, especially Giraffe, 7, & Fenris from Giraffe and Marley23 & Gfactor from the Dope.

All the Mods who have helped so much to keep this community going: CatInASuit, NAF1138, Zuul, AllWalker, & pepperlandgirl.

A special thank you in memory to DancesWithCats. Many of the changes we made he suggested many months ago.

Finally, the posters who have kept this community alive! People like:
    Myrnalene for running the movie club and for really pushing to not let this die.
    Dangerously Unqualified who gave us and did some other fast graphics work for us on the fly

All the frequent posters, such as Cluricaun, Jali, OneCentStamp, Oliveloaf, CairoCarol, ivan astikov, and everyone else who continued to post while domebo was sinking. (Sorry if I didn't include you...we love everyone who has contributed to the board, but too many to mention!!!)

Winston, who helped us see the light, which brought about some of our new rules.

Elyanna for agreeing to be a Chat Mod for Mellophant (talk about a thankless job! :smile

The SDMB, for getting us all together in the first place.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

and Sarahfeena of course.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Growing Pains

This is a good thing. No, a great thing. My thanks to everyone who is putting such efforts into our new new home.

Ahhh, the cycle of life. I feel a Disney song coming on.

Tell me about the animated whale/ fishy ?? Looking at the smilies to the right of this Reply To box, we seem to have duplicates. ( Not that it takes up much space, but is there a limit to smilies with the software, and are these duplicates taking up valuable places that new smilies could be taking? )

Good job, all. I really like this place.

Cartoonvierse
    If you want to kiss the sky, you'd better learn how to kneel.

Registered
    Feb 2009

::Round of applause::
    I didn't make the world this way, it was like this when I got here

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

::weeps copious amount of joyful tears::

Clueless but well-meaning Hatshepsut's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Nice post, Sarafeena - my hearty thanks to everyone. I knew about the efforts of many of the people you named, but had not realized all of them, so thanks for bringing all of this to our attention.

I had thought Dangerously Unqualified's title ("I put the DU in Dumbo") was clever, but until I read your OP I didn't realize just how clever.

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Yeah Oliveloaf and What Exit? are ace!

Registered
    Sep 2009

Kudos to all!

+ Reply to thread