+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Please enter problems/bugs in this threads. CHECK RED INK for updates

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by What Exit? View post
    I'm not sure. We have the New posts feature & the Control Panel link gives you recent posts to subscribed threads.
    Nope. If a post had been added to a thread between the time you loaded the 'Post Reply' window, and the time you submitted your reply, the PHPBB script would automatically notify you. Does this vBulletin installation have this function?

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by pepperlandgirl View post
    That's not what she means. On Domebo, if you were typing out a response, and you hit "submit reply" and somebody replied to the thread after you began your response but before you attempted to post it, then you could see it. This cut down on simul-posts, and also gave you the chance to address the newest post before submitting. I really like that option, and I'd like to see it here, too, if possible.
    Quote Originally posted by kk fusion View post
    Nope. If a post had been added to a thread between the time you loaded the 'Post Reply' window, and the time you submitted your reply, the PHPBB script would automatically notify you. Does this vBulletin installation have this function?
    OK, gotcha, I have not found that yet for vB. It is not built in. If you find a vB 3.8 mod on their sight and link it to me, I will seriously consider installing it.

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

My PM box is now saying full (says I can have a max of only 50).

Fixed, Global Moderators was not set correctly. Now 2000.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Perhaps you could add a more obvious notice on Domebo that the whole board with all posts and users has been moved. Someone who hasn't followed the whole discussion might not realize that nothing has been lost and that they aren't expected to register for a successor board that is only distantly related.

Good idea. I did change the name of ADF to
    Domebo is replaced by www.mellophant.com

I'll try to do more.

Title is now changed in Prosilver and a link to the here at the top.
    Subsilver is really changed. That is 65% of our members. I disabled ProDark and Maxthon

Registered
    Feb 2009

In chat when one brings up the command line and clicks on the "picture" button and it asks for a URL, that's a hotlink isn't it? Maybe no hotlinks would be a good idea.
    Hell, if I didn't do things just because they made me feel a bit ridiculous, I wouldn't have much of a social life. - Santo Rugger.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Cluricaun View post
    In chat when one brings up the command line and clicks on the "picture" button and it asks for a URL, that's a hotlink isn't it? Maybe no hotlinks would be a good idea.
    Not sure why. We allowed imaged on old board, is that what you meant or something else?

Registered
    Feb 2009

The RSS feed contains the logo for elmwood's own board.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Feirefiz View post
    Perhaps you could add a more obvious notice on Domebo that the whole board with all posts and users has been moved. Someone who hasn't followed the whole discussion might not realize that nothing has been lost and that they aren't expected to register for a successor board that is only distantly related.
    Good idea. I did change the name of ADF to
    Domebo is replaced by www.mellophant.com

I'll try to do more.

Title is now changed in Prosilver and a link to the here at the top.
    Subsilver is really changed. That is 65% of our members. I disabled ProDark and Maxthon

The RSS feed contains the logo for elmwood's own board.
    We'll need elmwood to look at that. I did not even RSS was already up.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Not sure why. We allowed imaged on old board, is that what you meant or something else?
    Well you don't have to put in an image tag to get something to show up, you can just put in the URL that contains the picture. That's leeching and isn't always considered cool.
    Hell, if I didn't do things just because they made me feel a bit ridiculous, I wouldn't have much of a social life. - Santo Rugger.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Cluricaun View post
    Well you don't have to put in an image tag to get something to show up, you can just put in the URL that contains the picture. That's leeching and isn't always considered cool.
    Good point, we've been doing that for 6 months though.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Good point, we've been doing that for 6 months though.
    That's been something I've worried about a little. I think our traffic is small enough that it doesn't really matter. For obvious reasons, a lot of big forums are real hardasses about leeching. We're not among them as yet, though.

It is good manners to save images and use a service like ImageShack or whatever. It's worth thinking about especially if you're getting them from somewhere that might be small and not have tons of bandwidth.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Thanks for the head's up on this, guys. I was wondering about it, but wasn't sure.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I tried to use the search in the chat archives and got database errors.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Quote Originally posted by Sarahfeena View post
    "Show the Chatbox" is marked yes. Something else I need to do?
    I can't find this option anywhere in my profile. Can someone give me a road map?

ETA: I found it. It wasn't where I was looking before. It's under Control Panel, Settings and Options, Edit Options, in the Miscellaneous Options section, right below "User customizations", in case anyone else is looking for it.
    Last edited by hamburglar; 05 Sep 2009 at 01:44 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Is the 'Customize Profile' function working? That way I wouldn't have to bother you with requests for more themes.

אני אוהב יהודים!
    Registered
    Feb 2009

baleted!
    Last edited by Sleeps w/Butterflies; 05 Sep 2009 at 03:39 AM. Reason: figured it out. DUH!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Chat doesn't work on my iPhone. Any iPhone users here able to view it?

pepperlandgirl is successfully chatting on her iPhone. Maybe you can PM her for some advice?
    I didn't make the world this way, it was like this when I got here

Registered
    Mar 2009

TheFlame, I can't view live chat (or post to it) on my Blackberry, either, but I figured out that if I click on "Archive" right above it, I can see a pretty much up-to-the-minute log of it. Keep hitting refresh and you can follow it a bit.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I tried to use the search in the chat archives and got database errors.
    Moderator note: I did too, this needs to be looked at.
    Is the 'Customize Profile' function working? That way I wouldn't have to bother you with requests for more themes.
    I'm not sure, I haven't looked at it yet.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I just noticed that my Sent Messages folder isn't showing anything sent since Wednesday. My Inbox shows everything I've recieved though. Weird.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default FAQ item

Quote Originally posted by Sarahfeena View post
    I just noticed that my Sent Messages folder isn't showing anything sent since Wednesday. My Inbox shows everything I've recieved though. Weird.
    There is an option in the Control panel under Edit options then Private messaging box look for: Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default

Registered
    Mar 2009

OK, thanks, Jim!

Registered
    Feb 2009

This is on but someone needs to play with it and report back.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by pepperlandgirl View post
    I consider it a major problem, as well. I'm usually pretty good about checking my email, but there are other times when I can't for whatever reason, even though I'm still looking at the board.

Also, being logged out for inactivity could get very annoying very fast (it happened to me too).

DONE
    What does DONE mean? That you have addressed this issue? I just re-registered an hour or so ago, have been posting. And have been logged out several times for inactivity. And I do not think it's been 20 minutes.

Maddening. If we are, for example, composing a post or reply that is thoughtful, requires research, links and so on, we likely will be inactive for 20 minutes. Please change this to something more indicative of a member walking away- say, 60 minutes of inactivity.

Thank you,

Cartooniverse
    If you want to kiss the sky, you'd better learn how to kneel.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Cartooniverse View post
    What does DONE mean? That you have addressed this issue? I just re-registered an hour or so ago, have been posting. And have been logged out several times for inactivity. And I do not think it's been 20 minutes.

Maddening. If we are, for example, composing a post or reply that is thoughtful, requires research, links and so on, we likely will be inactive for 20 minutes. Please change this to something more indicative of a member walking away- say, 60 minutes of inactivity.

Thank you,

Cartooniverse
    It means I screwed up, the first part was done and I did not notice the Time Out part. I'll take a look.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Wait, you're getting logged out for inactivity all the time? I'm not. I suspect the problem is on your end. I didn't have to log in this morning or anything. Are you sure you checked the "remember me" box when you logged on?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Thank you,

Cartooniverse
    Fixed to 3600 seconds from 1200. Next time you reload the new cookie should take if you still have problems. Delete the cookie and sign back in, but signing out should delete the cookie for you.

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Is there a way to reply to a PM and have that reply go to all parties copied on the original? I only see a "reply" button and it seems to only reply to the party that sent it.
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Myrnalene View post
    Is there a way to reply to a PM and have that reply go to all parties copied on the original? I only see a "reply" button and it seems to only reply to the party that sent it.
    I'm looking for some PM tools. We also lost the ability to PM to a group.

I do not see a reply to all. I just checked the Dope does not have Reply to all either. Hopefully I find something.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Viewing avatars seems to be disabled by default. It's on the CP, 'Edit Options' => 'Thread Display Options'.
    I must be missing something. I changed my options to be able to see avatars, but I still can't unclick the "no avatar" button for myself, and so can't upload mine. What am I doing wrong?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Sylkyn View post
    I must be missing something. I changed my options to be able to see avatars, but I still can't unclick the "no avatar" button for myself, and so can't upload mine. What am I doing wrong?
    Please try it again. It should work now.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Sylkyn View post
    What happens, exactly, when you try uploading it?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Excalibur View post
    What happens, exactly, when you try uploading it?
    Sorry--I have a sick puppy here and had to clean up a mess.

Well, let me try again and see if it works. Before, it wouldn't let me unclick the box to where I could upload. In other words..nothing happened!

ETA: Ok, thanks, What Exit? The option to upload was there when I went back. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Sylkyn; 05 Sep 2009 at 01:48 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

This is on but someone needs to play with it and report back.
    Not yet working. I can save and preview correctly, but it has no effect on the live boards.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

The wide green bars at the beginning of ever post are really interfering with the readability of thread for me. Is there any way to get rid of them?

(I don't know if this belongs in its own thread. Sorry if it does.)

DONE - Date format changed so the wide green bars disappear.
    Last edited by CatInASuit; 08 Sep 2009 at 07:23 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Orual View post
    The wide green bars at the beginning of ever post are really interfering with the readability of thread for me. Is there any way to get rid of them?

(I don't know if this belongs in its own thread. Sorry if it does.)
    It does and it will get looked at, hopefully soon. elmwood and CIAS are working on the styles.

Interesting, I think it is just the date formatting.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Oops, looks like What Exit? (I called him the thread? WTH?) already answered that one while I was typing this.

What he said!
    Last edited by Zuul; 06 Sep 2009 at 12:15 PM. Reason: I'm retarded.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Apr 2009

I was about to whinge on about the quick post box having gone missing but it was because I wasn't logged in anymore [img]http://www.mellophant.com/forums/ima...s/sm_smack.gif[/img] Clicking the smilies doesn't work, I have to drag them into the post! * Clicking the formatting buttons doesn't work either http://www.mellophant.com/forums/ima...lies/frown.gif Hitting Enter to create a new paragraph is buggered too. Also, clickling isn't a word. Can you fix that as well? *Which clearly went as well as one might expect Could this be a problem with SeaMonkey?

Registered
    Apr 2009

Trying it in "A Web Browser" (Shiretoko/Firefox 3.5x)

Buttons seem to work

Images work!

Smilies work.
    Formatting seems OK
    ~~~~~Must just be SeaMonkey then.~~~~

Ignore the above, false alarm

Registered
    Jul 2009

I can't add an avatar. Do I need a certain number of posts before I am allowed to do that?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Toes, what happens when you go to Control Panel - Settings and Options - Edit Avatar and click on the button that says Use Custom Avatar? You should be able to upload something there.
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

Registered
    Jul 2009

Well, I'm having a hell of a time. No chat, no title and no avatar.
    Yes, I went to the CP, and Edit Avatar. The avatar box is blank, and the radio button for "Do Not Use Avatar" is clicked, and won't let me unclick it. I allowed images and avatars in options, so I don't know what the problem is.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by chicken toes View post
    Well, I'm having a hell of a time. No chat, no title and no avatar.
    Yes, I went to the CP, and Edit Avatar. The avatar box is blank, and the radio button for "Do Not Use Avatar" is clicked, and won't let me unclick it. I allowed images and avatars in options, so I don't know what the problem is.
    That same thing with the avatars happened to someone else, and What Exit? clicked something or other and they could upload one. Try sending him a PM if he doesn't notice this thread.

Registered
    Jul 2009

I'm about ready to say screw it.
    You guys have deleted my account twice from Domebo, I had to re-register here, now I'm blocked from chat, can't upload an avatar.

I don't know if it's worth my time.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I'll send Jim a PM. There must be something weird going on but I'm sure he can fix it.

He's on every day so you shouldn't have to wait long.

The Apostabulous Inner Stickler's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

What if you try clearing your cache?
    I don't think so, therefore I'm probably not.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by chicken toes View post
    I'm about ready to say screw it.
    You guys have deleted my account twice from Domebo, I had to re-register here, now I'm blocked from chat, can't upload an avatar.

I don't know if it's worth my time.
    Come on, Chicken Toes. You know I love you and am saying this from a place of love: Be cool. We just switched over to this new spot. The bugs are not all worked out as yet. Post five messages and you can see chat, apparently. (I wouldn't know since they banned me from it due to my being a troublemaker.) Jim will fix your avatar thing. It'll all be fine.

Registered
    Feb 2009

(pssst Exy she's got 10 posts, she should be able to see it)

It must be a glitch, it'll get worked out. I let What Exit? know.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I have a slight issue with the new chat function. It wasn't doing this yesterday.

This is what it looks like when loading chat, everything seems normal:
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2549/...57baae5eec.jpg

But the grey "loading" box doesn't make room for the chat box:
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2542/...42fc6dbe7b.jpg
    As you can see, it overflows over the interface and further down the browser. Now, I am using an ancient version of Firefox so it is probably my fault, but just letting it be known.
    Something tells me we haven't seen the last of foreshadowing.

Registered
    Apr 2009

Quote Originally posted by AllWalker View post
    I have a slight issue with the new chat function. It wasn't doing this yesterday.

This is what it looks like when loading chat, everything seems normal:
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2549/...57baae5eec.jpg

But the grey "loading" box doesn't make room for the chat box:
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2542/...42fc6dbe7b.jpg
    As you can see, it overflows over the interface and further down the browser. Now, I am using an ancient version of Firefox so it is probably my fault, but just letting it be known.
    Try updating Firefox or use Opera or Maxthon.

+ Reply to thread