Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: J Word - Burn in hell, you smarmy bastard

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: J Word - Burn in hell, you smarmy bastard

Quote Originally posted by Winston Smith
    Bummer. What a pain in the arse, eh?
    Obviously not, since I don't do any "actual work" around here.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by McNutty
    But at least you're not bitter.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by McNutty
    I feel your pain, McNutz.

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by featherlou
    I've re-read the exchange a couple of times now, and while I don't understand what J Word was intending with his comment, I honestly don't see it as a clear example of him insulting you, Myrna. He said he was insulting Ed Zotti, and that is as logical a reading, since we were just talking about the Dope suing us for using their forum headers. I have no comment on any of his past behaviours towards you since I didn't see any of them.
    Whatever, he didn't hint (and that is all he did) that he was talking about Ed Zotti until after repeated requests for clarification and after Jim said well, he must have meant Ed Zotti.

16:04:08 Myrnalene I don't see anything wrong with the forum names at all

16:07:02 Myrnalene We obviously have problems but I forum titles aren't where those lie

16:10:30 featherlou I don't think the names of the forums are a big deal.
    16:10:33 The J Word or does SDMB have the rights to "Great Debates"?
    16:10:43 featherlou THey might, for all we know.
    16:10:45 The J Word Nor does the Moron

16:17:49 What Exit? I think he called Ed Zotti a moron, but I am not even sure of that.
    16:17:49 featherlou I don't know what he meant when he said; "Nor does the moron."

16:24:51 What Exit? J Word, who were you calling a moron?

16:30:28 Myrnalene Who were you referring to?
    16:31:39 The J Word Seriously M, make a Thunderdome thread about me. Please do.
    16:31:50 The J Word I DIDNT CALL YOU A MORON!

16:32:08 featherlou WHo did you call a moron? I'm curious.
    16:32:17 The J Word I'll call you DELUSIONAL, I'll call you RIDICULOUS. But i will not call you a moron.
    16:32:34 The J Word Ed Zotti is a moron.

16:33:39 Myrnalene Ed Zotti agrees with lou that the Domebo titles are not a problem? really?
    16:33:39 Excalibur Yeah, sorry, but there's no possible way to interpret that sentence so that "Ed Zotti" makes sense there.
    16:33:53 featherlou Yes. Yes he does.
    16:34:02 The J Word Anyone that agrees with that, is a moron
    16:34:09 The J Word not anyone specifically.
    16:34:15 What Exit? Come on, enough, move this out of chat now.
    16:34:16 The J Word i probaly meant "moronS"
    NOW I'm done. Exy baby, break my fingers.
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

This thread makes me rub my thighs fervently.
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Registered
    Jul 2009

What the fuck? I wasn't in the chat when this happened this morning, but anyone who's been in there while J Word has knows his only purpose is drunkenly hurl insults at Myrna. That snide little comment was totally aimed at her, IMO. The last incident Myrna mentioned was ridiculous. He came back over and over again for no reason other than to call her a stupid whore. Now he throws out a random insult and you have doubts about who he intended it for? Seriously? This is fucking retarded.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

For the record, when I come into chat and drunkenly call Myrna a whore it's out of love.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Having read all the way through this now, I have to say I'm on What Exit?'s side. As the arbitor called in to assess the case, it's his call to decide if what was going on was out of line or not. The evidence against J Word is strictly circumstantial which forced Jim to make a judgment call and he ruled in J Word's favor. This time.

Myrnalene, you have, to my mind, clearly established a pattern of behaviour. If J Word has taken a run at you 4 times, chances are pretty good that he'll do it a 5th time, and a 6th, and as many more times as he can get away with it. If you bring in a mod to assess the situation every time, sooner or later a douche like that will make it plain to whom he is addressing his comments and he'll be gone. This particular incident seems to me to be a probable or even likely attack on you, but I don't think probable is enough to take action -- I think there was still reasonable doubt, although just barely. Play the long game and he'll eventually take himself down, guaranteed.
    Hell is other people.

Registered
    Feb 2009

That's a good way of looking at it, Jimbo. If he just can't help himself, he'll do it again, more obviously.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I have only been under the influence of alcohol once, maybe twice when I've insulted to Myrnalene, and that had very little to do with my general distaste of her and Exy.

Also, M, you pleaded for Jim to make a decision, then when he did you had a problem with it.
    Quote Originally posted by Myrnalene
    I'm really disappointed that you refuse to budge on this, when it's clearly the most logical reading of the logs. I don't understand why you are so invested in erring on his side. I honestly don't know what to do the next time he starts in, if I can't trust your judgement. I'll PM another mod, I guess.
    There is a quote from a great Aussie comedy series where a big headed drama teacher doesn't get the funding he wants from his principal and he says "I AM being reasonable, you're just not giving me what i want!". This is who you remind me of right now.

All i want to say now is how surprised i am that the one time i don't call you a moron, is the time you blow up.

Thanks for the thread, it's good to know people care.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by The J Word
    I have only been under the influence of alcohol once, maybe twice when I've insulted to Myrnalene, and that had very little to do with my general distaste of her and Exy.

Also, M, you pleaded for Jim to make a decision, then when he did you had a problem with it.
    Quote Originally posted by Myrnalene
    I'm really disappointed that you refuse to budge on this, when it's clearly the most logical reading of the logs. I don't understand why you are so invested in erring on his side. I honestly don't know what to do the next time he starts in, if I can't trust your judgement. I'll PM another mod, I guess.
    There is a quote from a great Aussie comedy series where a big headed drama teacher doesn't get the funding he wants from his principal and he says "I AM being reasonable, you're just not giving me what i want!". This is who you remind me of right now.

All i want to say now is how surprised i am that the one time i don't call you a moron, is the time you blow up.

Thanks for the thread, it's good to know people care.
    Bolding mine. Well J Word, that's kind of the problem - if you build a reputation for yourself for insulting Myrna then that reputation is going to count against you, regardless of who you were calling a moron in this.

Having read this thread carefully I have to say I'm still a bit confused over what actually happened, but certainly tensions were running way to high in this. Insulting posters in chat is not on, and so is insulting mods in chat. We have a forum specifically for that.

No one wants to have to have chat moderated, but this whole exchange was, at best, unfortunate. And it's not going to happen again.
    Something tells me we haven't seen the last of foreshadowing.

Banned
    Registered
    Aug 2009

Myrnalene, you were being paranoid and wanting everything to be about you.

You are a moron and I don't understand what the fuss is about.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I was excited when I saw someone named "Moronalene" had registered but damn that was boring.
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

For whom nothing is written. Oliveloaf's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Moronalene
    Myrnalene, you were being paranoid and wanting everything to be about you.

You are a moron and I don't understand what the fuss is about.
    Now this is the kind of first post that really says, "hey guys, let's chat!"

A clever name, keen attention to grammar, crafty use of bolding and a message worth sharing.

Clearly, the sky's the limit here.

What will post two bring? Insight? Comedy? Educated looks into topics steeped with intrigue?

I am giddy with suspense!

Welcome Moronalene, WELCOME!
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by AllWalker
    No one wants to have to have chat moderated, but this whole exchange was, at best, unfortunate. And it's not going to happen again.
    You disappoint me, AllWalker. The condescending admonishment quoted above is something I would have expected from TomnDeb, TubaDiva, or Marley, but not from you. Has your moderator status gone to your head already?

Registered
    Mar 2009

I just want to go on the record as being in favour of whatever (hopefully harsh) punishment What Jim cares to throw Myrnaloon's way. I've always secretly disliked Myrnaloon and J Word's brave stand has given me the courage to make my voice heard.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Jeff, your disdain is like the breath of life to me.

Registered
    Mar 2009

My disdain is a confusing and ennobling thing.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Fiveroptic
    Quote Originally posted by AllWalker
    You disappoint me, AllWalker. The condescending admonishment quoted above is something I would have expected from TomnDeb, TubaDiva, or Marley, but not from you. Has your moderator status gone to your head already?
    Sorry if I disappoint, but my ego was not what prompted me to post that. An exchange like that contributed nothing positive and possibly drove away a newcomer to chat. At the bare minimum moderators exist to keep the conversations appropriate to the forum, as this one was not. And sorry if I was condescending - consider my wording suitably modified.
    Something tells me we haven't seen the last of foreshadowing.

+ Reply to thread