+ Reply to thread

Thread: How Do I Become An Arms-Dealer?

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default How Do I Become An Arms-Dealer?

I've come into a little bit of money and I want to invest it in an industry that is 'future proof' when it comes to retaining market value. Does anyone have any hints, or better still, connections, that will help me to get my foot in the door?
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Re: How Do I Become An Arms-Dealer?

Leave England. You'll have too hard a time obtaining anything that others would be interested in to make it worth while.
    Hell, if I didn't do things just because they made me feel a bit ridiculous, I wouldn't have much of a social life. - Santo Rugger.

Registered
    Feb 2009

sssshhh! That's the gap I was planning on filling.
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I dunno, I've had the pleasure of selling weapon systems to people recently. In England, too, had to travel for it!

Stegodon
    Registered
    Apr 2009

Keep your ear to the ground so you know what the fashionable hardware is. Remember that most of it is very rarely used - other than to spray bullets around all willy-nilly - they're a status symbol. You can't go wrong with the Ingram MAC-10 when appealing to gangster types.

For those who are genuinely into executions and need a cheap, disposable, yet effective weapon, keep a floating stock of Beretta .25s. They're discrete, lightweight, and can be hidden under a suit without FBI-style tailoring. Ammunition is cheap and plentiful.

Any (non-single-shot) version of the AR-15 is a perennial favourite of course. Good balance, accurate, very purposeful-looking. They make a huge statement when you want to cowboy a venue and intend to leave witnesses. A pain to strip and service, but that's not your problem. The fact that some models use 5.56 NATO rounds means that refuelling it should be a breeze. Look to Germany for a supply line.

H&K MP-5's are almost impossible to obtain in any volume and they make you look like a rozzer anyway. So why not look at the comparable Skorpion, from the former state of Czechoslovakia? Its odd chamber size might make ammunition more difficult to obtain in the UK, but that's why trans-continental lorry drivers are a boon. Make friends with someone who works for Scania.

I do hope this helps and if you do decide to set up shop, I recommend ensuring a good supply of high-quality Andean flake at your sales venue. People who buy guns simple adore good-quality cocaine.
    Anything is possible if you use enough lubricant.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Some good advice there, Guizmeaux. I'm just wondering tho'; is it worth me going legit and getting one of those license thingies, if I'm gonna be having hospitality bowls full of CMP* lying about?

* Columbian Marching Powder, for the uninitiated!

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I presume you are not talking about manufacturing anything youself and peddling it?
    First thing you'll need is a buttload of cash. The next thing is contacts in the governments of smallish, poorish nations. You'll use the cash to buy stocks of old weapons and/or surplus weapons from them. You'll then re-sell those weapons to surplus dealers in countries where they are legal; primarily the US. Sometimes you can dismantle the ones that aren't legal and sell some of the parts. The problem with all of this is that there are already several well-established companies that do it. Also, the supply of legally importable surplus arms is finite and getting smalller all the time. Various UN resolutions have also made it more profitable for said smallish, poorish countries to destroy their stocks of weapons and ammunition rather than sell them, in some cases. The laws in the primary market, the US, have continually become more restrictive with regard to what can and can't be imported.

The manufacturers of new weapons systems typically have sales staffs of their own to market their wares. The dividing line between these manufacturers and the government is not always entirely clear. There is an incestuous relationship between those who manufacture weapons and those who purchase them; personnel move back and forth.

It is possible to break into the business as a middleman. That typically means that you are buying weapons from country A and selling them to country C via country B in order to circumvent some kind of prohibitions on A selling directly to C. Government contacts are sine qua non in this situation.

If you are talking simply about being a black market dealer, then you need organized crime contacts and the aforementioned buttload of money.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Let comedian/activist Mark Thomas show you the way: http://www.newstatesman.com/200604030014
    I didn't make the world this way, it was like this when I got here

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Guizmeaux
    Keep your ear to the ground so you know what the fashionable hardware is. Remember that most of it is very rarely used - other than to spray bullets around all willy-nilly - they're a status symbol. You can't go wrong with the Ingram MAC-10 when appealing to gangster types.

For those who are genuinely into executions and need a cheap, disposable, yet effective weapon, keep a floating stock of Beretta .25s. They're discrete, lightweight, and can be hidden under a suit without FBI-style tailoring. Ammunition is cheap and plentiful.

Any (non-single-shot) version of the AR-15 is a perennial favourite of course. Good balance, accurate, very purposeful-looking. They make a huge statement when you want to cowboy a venue and intend to leave witnesses. A pain to strip and service, but that's not your problem. The fact that some models use 5.56 NATO rounds means that refuelling it should be a breeze. Look to Germany for a supply line.

H&K MP-5's are almost impossible to obtain in any volume and they make you look like a rozzer anyway. So why not look at the comparable Skorpion, from the former state of Czechoslovakia? Its odd chamber size might make ammunition more difficult to obtain in the UK, but that's why trans-continental lorry drivers are a boon. Make friends with someone who works for Scania.

I do hope this helps and if you do decide to set up shop, I recommend ensuring a good supply of high-quality Andean flake at your sales venue. People who buy guns simple adore good-quality cocaine.

IMO the AR15 is one of the easiest weapons EVAH to strip and clean.
    If carrying an HK MP5 makes you look like police then that could tactically work to your advantage.
    Palestinian terrorists luuurrve the Skorpion (Made in the former Yugoslavia now I believe) which is ironic because the Israeli Uzi was based on the same weapon.

As to arms dealing,noone wants to trasnsplant arms,you'll make more money selling livers and kidneys(Start selling ovaries as well and you could do a side line selling English breakfasts)
    Thirty minutes of Googling not only doesn't make you an expert in a subject,it doesn't even make you right.Real life experience and education will win out every single time

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Skorpion.
    Uzi.
    Uzi was based on the Samopal vz. 23 , a Czech design.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Whiskey and Ryan
    Leave England. You'll have too hard a time obtaining anything that others would be interested in to make it worth while.
    Not sure that's true, we hosted Europe's biggest arms fair in 2003. More controversy arose recently too.

Looks like there's one going on this year too.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth - Marcus Aurelius

Registered
    Feb 2009

Hmmm, I might have to go into Research and Development instead. I think there'd be a great demand in the self-protection market for a gun disguised as an iPod.

Or better still, an iPod that fires bullets! Has anyone got Steve Job's number?

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

You're behind the curve on that , too.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Scumpup
    You're behind the curve on that , too.
    That was my inspiration, I must confess.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I like this one.

0.3 mil Pocket Watch Pistol

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

The watch is cool. I like disguised guns and I've always had a mild hankering to own a pen gun . It is possible to legally own such things here in the US, provided you want to spend the time and money on the legal requirements. Never picked up a pen gun, though, because the expense and legal hurdles involved seemed excessive for what amounts to an awkward single shot pocket gun. I've a .22 magnum minirevolver that holds five shots, is much easier to aim, and is only very slightly harder to conceal . Mine has a barrel that is actually shorter than the one in the linked photo.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Having a Russian name is an important first step, so you're partway there already.

Registered
    Feb 2009

ivan kalashnikov would have been a great name too! bah!

( saying that, ivan exocetmissile would be even better. )

+ Reply to thread