+ Reply to Article

Article: Featured Recipes

1. Featured Recipes

2 Comments by pepperlandgirl Published on 14 Jul 2009 11:51 PM
    This week, Kat has very kindly shared her recipe for raspberry kuchen. Quite frankly, I don't think it's possible to create something more delicious. Not that I've tried it yet, but I don't have to. It has all my favorite ingrediants and it looks surprisingly simple for something that promises to be extra delicious. Anybody else planning on trying this? I hope if you do you come back to the thread and let us know how it tastes!

2. Total Comments 2

Comments

Clueless but well-meaning Hatshepsut's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: Featured Recipes

It sounds mouth-watering! When I get back to my kitchen a couple of weeks from now, I'm definitely planning on trying it, if I can get frozen raspberries - kind of a crap shoot in Indonesia these days. I suspect I'll use butter rather than Crisco, too, as I doubt I can get butter-flavored Crisco in Jakarta. I may end up with something not exactly identical. But the recipe as written sure sounds wonderful, and variations are probably good too. I'll let you know after I try.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: Featured Recipes

*grins* There was a big to-do over that, since all the online recipes had butter (or *shudder* margarine), whereas my mother insisted that the texture wouldn't be the same if I didn't use shortening. So I compromised with butter-flavor Crisco.

That being said, obviously butter will work, since it works for whoever makes those other recipes. One of these days, I think I may try it with blackberries.
    Wow, WhyNot, you're brilliant! Especially on Thursdays!

+ Reply to Article