+ Reply to thread

Thread: Day 8--Morning Has Broken, Not Quite Like the First Morning

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Day 8--Morning Has Broken, Not Quite Like the First Morning

The townsfolk of Pleasanton had become a little complacent, with some of them assuming all the danger was over. The Sheriff didn't let down his guard, but he couldn't be everywhere. In his attempts to protect the other citizens, he left himself exposed to danger.

And the Pods took full advantage of it.

Dawn arrives. The town gathers in the square to find the Sheriff, hawkeyeop, is dead. A note is pinned to his chest with a knife, "At last. At last."

Day 8 will end at 4 pm EDT on Wednesday, July 15 unless a 24 hour period expires with no posts.

Player List (5 players remain)

5. Kat ([del:3lty1uk9]Vox Imperatoris[/del:3lty1uk9])
    8. cowgirl
    9. special ed ([del:3lty1uk9]jali[/del:3lty1uk9])
    10. AngeloftheNorth ([del:3lty1uk9]pedescribe[/del:3lty1uk9])
    12. Rabid Renaissance

The Dead:

Day 1: 11. [del:3lty1uk9]One and only Wanderers[/del:3lty1uk9]--Vanilla Town (lynch)
    Night 1: 17. [del:3lty1uk9]special ed[/del:3lty1uk9]--Vanilla Town (NK)
    Day 2: 15. [del:3lty1uk9]Angel of the North[/del:3lty1uk9]--Vanilla Town (lynch)
    Night 2: 6. [del:3lty1uk9]AllWalker[/del:3lty1uk9]--Vanilla Town (NK)
    Day 3: 16. [del:3lty1uk9]Total Ulla[/del:3lty1uk9]--Pod Person (lynch)
    Night 3: 13. [del:3lty1uk9]Myrnalene[/del:3lty1uk9]--Nosy Reporter (NK)
    Day 4: 7. [del:3lty1uk9]Zsofia[/del:3lty1uk9]--Vanilla Town (lynch)
    Night 4: 2. [del:3lty1uk9]AllWalker[/del:3lty1uk9]([del:3lty1uk9]Claptree[/del:3lty1uk9])--Vanilla Town (NK)
    Day 5: 1. [del:3lty1uk9]sublight[/del:3lty1uk9]--Pod Person (lynch)
    Day 6: 3. [del:3lty1uk9]PrecambrianMollusc[/del:3lty1uk9] ([del:3lty1uk9]What Exit?[/del:3lty1uk9])--Pod Person (lynch)
    Day 7: 4. [del:3lty1uk9]Winston Smith[/del:3lty1uk9]--Master Pod Person (lynch/modkill)
    Night 7: 14. [del:3lty1uk9]hawkeyeop[/del:3lty1uk9] ([del:3lty1uk9]paulwhoisaghost[/del:3lty1uk9])--Sheriff (NK)

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: Day 8--Morning Has Broken, Not Quite Like the First Morning

Well, this will probably be the last morning that I wake up alive.

I have some bad news for you folks.

Special Ed is a Pod Person.

Vote Special Ed
    Wow, WhyNot, you're brilliant! Especially on Thursdays!

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I was misremembering Paul as the other player who did not vote on Day 1, not Ed (version 1 or 2).

Ed also spent a good bit of the game downplaying the recruiting mechanic until confronted for an explanation, when he admitted he had no basis for such views. Trying to lull us into a false sense of security, perhaps?

Vote Ed

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Rabid Renaissance
    I was misremembering Paul as the other player who did not vote on Day 1, not Ed (version 1 or 2).

Ed also spent a good bit of the game downplaying the recruiting mechanic until confronted for an explanation, when he admitted he had no basis for such views. Trying to lull us into a false sense of security, perhaps?

Vote Ed

OK, I'm not going to be able to convince 3 of you to vote for Kat, and even if I did, I'd only lose toMorrow.

I am the last Scum, and I capitulate. COngratulations Town, well played, especially you, hawkeye. Way to wifom us to death.

My only hope last Night was that Kat would investigate Hawkeye. You'll be able to see my thinking in the last Night of the Scum thread.

I take responsibility for the Scum loss. The Night after we NK'd Myrnalene, I convinced the Scum to kill Allwalker. Had we spent that Night doctor hunting, we might have stood a chance. The first Night we tried to kill Hawk, we didn't know he was the sheriff. We were hoping for some wifom as to why him because he had started a case against me (though that I was MPP, not recruited). Winston made himself an obvious target. The scond Night, we wifom'd that he'd protect Kat because she'd fed another Scum to the Town. We were wrong.

And, like I said, last NIght, the obvious pro-Town move was to protect Kat for one more investigation. My only real hope was that she'd investigate Hawk, and we could lynch cowgirl or Rabren, leaving me to go 3 handed toMorrow with Angel, me and either rabren or cow.

but, alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Well done, Town, and, on the bright side, I still win, since I was Town first

Also, hawk's entire case against me, the defense of Ulla, was made when I was still Town. I wasn't recruited until that Night. Karma's a bitch, eh?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Thanks, special ed, and thanks everyone for playing. You made it a pleasure.

Registered
    Feb 2009

The scum board is here.

The password is r3cruit3d.

I will see if CatinaSuit can de-privatize the board. If not, you'll have to sign up for an account.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

The amusing thing is, I considering at least twice PMing Julie and asking her to switch my investigation target to hawkeye. The other amusing thing is, I decided on Ed as a "confirm Town" move, not a "find scum" move.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Damn. Gotta wait for my account to be approved before I can read it.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Kat, you should be approved now.

You probably have to log out entirely and then log back in. The board is a bit tricky in that.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Yay!

Registered
    Feb 2009

The townsfolk of Pleasanton gather, though it is only noon. A rumor had spread through the town that something was about to happen in the square.

Special ed stands in the front of the town, his shoulders slumped. "Kat knows I am the last Pod Person in Pleasanton. I want to die with dignity."

The townsfolk stare in shock as special ed, the last Pod Person stimply falls onto the fire.

The Pod People have been utterly defeated in Pleasanton.

Congrats, Town. You have won.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Well it seems like I was right a lot for entirely wrong reasons.

I always planned on self protecting after I came in. Given I was an un-outed doctor, I figured I had the most important remaining role.

My first night I figured that you wouldn't kill a new sub, so I protected Kat figuring her to be the most important other role.

Night two I wanted to self-protect. I was fully convinced Kat wasn't recruited and Allwalker's death made it seem like the scum were going power role fishing. Sublight's claim however presented a bit of a conundrum. I wasn't going to counterclaim, it didn't seem necessary. I decided that if I was going to protect myself anyway I should go hard after Sublight. Hopefully I would convince the scum I was the sheriff, but not too hard that they think I would know that they suspected. It looks like I got the right result, but not for those reasons.

Night 3 I had limited time, but nothing really had changed, so I self-protected again. Kat wasn't really a consideration, partially since she wasn't confirmed town, but mostly because I didn't know if there were any for pod person's who could be found.

Night 4, now knowing that there was a recruit left, I switched back to Kat. I wanted to at least give her a shot at finding the final recruit. Given her actions it seemed unlikely that it was in fact her. In retrospect I should have claimed, since the scum likely knew I was sheriff already. Though as sheriff I was still recruitable.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Yay town. Good game, everyone. Thanks to Julie for modding and a quite cool set up.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Awesome game, Julie.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Kat
    Awesome game, Julie.
    yes, it was a great set-up, Julie. I know many people don't like recruitment, but I think the way you had it set-up being pre-determined and pssibly failing, etc was balanced just right.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Boo hisss foiled

Great game Julie
    Ed - We all had a hand in the Allwalker kill - I think we all over thought it and tried to get to get some fancy logic on the go.
    Congratulations to town, Kat with the super sharp scum detecting skills (all scum picked in a row) and Hawk for scuppering our knight killing.

Who was the Mad Scientist?

Registered
    Feb 2009

TD: Angel/Pedescribe
    MS: cowgirl (she had a nearly impossible role since she wasn't given any data from the TD)
    Sheriff: hawkeye/paul
    Psych: Kat/Vox
    Reporter: Myrnalene
    MPP: Winston Smith
    Night 1: PCM/What Exit?
    Night 2: Total Ulla
    Night 3: special ed/jali
    Night 4: sublight

Scum got lucky in not hitting the TD or the Reporter so all the recruitments went through without a hitch (other than getting people to read their PMs!)

They got unlucky in not hitting Sheriff, MS, or Psych.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Night 1: Cowgirl self-protects (will do so throughout), WE recruited, Vox investigates Rabid, pede invesigates Angel, paul self-protects, special ed killed
    Night 2: Ulla recruited, Vox investigates Ulla, paul protects special ed, AllWalker killed
    Night 3: SE recruited, Angel investigates Rabid, paul protects Vox (then disappears), Myrnalene killed
    Night 4: Sublight recruited (last recruit), Kat investigates sublight, hawk protects Kat, AllWalker killed (again!)
    Night 5: Kat investigates PCM, Angel investigates special ed, hawk protects hawk, attempted NK of hawk foiled
    Night 6: Kat investigates Winston, hawk protects hawk, attempted NK of hawk foiled
    Night 7: Kat investigates SE, hawk protects Angel, hawk killed

Registered
    Feb 2009

Thanks for the kind words about the game's setup. If scum had recruited from the power pool, the balance would have been much different.

I'm really REALLY grateful to those who stuck with the game and those who were kind enough to step in when I was panicking around trying to fill openings. I owe all of you and pledge to join your games or do grunt work if you ever need it.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Julie
    Night 1: Cowgirl self-protects (will do so throughout), WE recruited, Vox investigates Rabid, pede invesigates Angel, paul self-protects, special ed killed
    Night 2: Ulla recruited, Vox investigates Ulla, paul protects special ed, AllWalker killed
    Night 3: SE recruited, Angel investigates Rabid, paul protects Vox (then disappears), Myrnalene killed
    Night 4: Sublight recruited (last recruit), Kat investigates sublight, hawk protects Kat, AllWalker killed (again!)
    Night 5: Kat investigates PCM, Angel investigates special ed, hawk protects hawk, attempted NK of hawk foiled
    Night 6: Kat investigates Winston, hawk protects hawk, attempted NK of hawk foiled
    Night 7: Kat investigates SE, hawk protects Angel, hawk killed

well darn! I could have killed Kat!!

Registered
    Mar 2009

Heh. I forgot I switched it to Angel.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Yay Town!

I'll be setting up a signup sheet for my Mafia game over at the Dope shortly. This will be a great game for beginners, but it has a twist or two that I hope will be interesting.
    Something tells me we haven't seen the last of foreshadowing.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Yay Town!

I say that as the original Special Ed (who got himself killed Night 1 like a good little Vanilla Townie), not as sub Special Ed.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Board is now open for all to see.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

+ Reply to thread