+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Day 7--Out of an orange-colored sky

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Day 7--Out of an orange-colored sky

For the second morning in a row, everyone wakes up alive.

No one knows quite how this is possible, but it has happened.

They have gathered at the square and when it is certain that everyone is there, a sudden "Son of a BITCH!" breaks through the happiness.

This isn't what the Pods intended. Not at all.

Day 7 will end at 10 pm EDT on Friday, July 10 unless a 24 hour period expires with no posts. I think that will give plenty of time.

Player List (7 players remain)

4. Winston Smith
    5. Kat ([del:1m8osjzx]Vox Imperatoris[/del:1m8osjzx])
    8. cowgirl
    9. special ed ([del:1m8osjzx]jali[/del:1m8osjzx])
    10. AngeloftheNorth ([del:1m8osjzx]pedescribe[/del:1m8osjzx])
    12. Rabid Renaissance
    14. hawkeyeop ([del:1m8osjzx]paulwhoisaghost[/del:1m8osjzx])

The Dead:

Day 1: 11. [del:1m8osjzx]One and only Wanderers[/del:1m8osjzx]--Vanilla Town (lynch)
    Night 1: 17. [del:1m8osjzx]special ed[/del:1m8osjzx]--Vanilla Town (NK)
    Day 2: 15. [del:1m8osjzx]Angel of the North[/del:1m8osjzx]--Vanilla Town (lynch)
    Night 2: 6. [del:1m8osjzx]AllWalker[/del:1m8osjzx]--Vanilla Town (NK)
    Day 3: 16. [del:1m8osjzx]Total Ulla[/del:1m8osjzx]--Pod Person (lynch)
    Night 3: 13. [del:1m8osjzx]Myrnalene[/del:1m8osjzx]--Nosy Reporter (NK)
    Day 4: 7. [del:1m8osjzx]Zsofia[/del:1m8osjzx]--Vanilla Town (lynch)
    Night 4: 2. [del:1m8osjzx]AllWalker[/del:1m8osjzx]([del:1m8osjzx]Claptree[/del:1m8osjzx])--Vanilla Town (NK)
    Day 5: 1. [del:1m8osjzx]sublight[/del:1m8osjzx]--Pod Person (lynch)
    Day 6: 3. [del:1m8osjzx]PrecambrianMollusc[/del:1m8osjzx] ([del:1m8osjzx]What Exit?[/del:1m8osjzx])--Pod Person (lynch)

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: Day 7--Out of an orange-colored sky

Wow! Go Town!

I still suspect Winston for reasons I laid out yesterday, none of which he has addressed. In particular, I would like an explanation for this:

I think Kat is scum, like sublight says. My reasoning comes by way of Rab Ren, whom I also think is scum. I think those two are thick as thieves, and Rab Ren has tried again and again to smudge me, despite the fact that I have not done anything to earn it.
    This smacks of a rehearsed setup - Kat fingers sublight, then on queue, Rab Ren comes in and starts with the guilty-by-association smudge.
    (day 5)

This still looks really anti-town to me. Winston, can you provide some examples of this "thick as thieves" thing? Or was it just smoke and mirrors in an attempt to throw us off the sublight trail?

I would also like to know what you meant on day 6 about how you've "done nothing but try to help her [RabRen], and what do I get for my trouble?" in the very same post in which you vote for her. Why are you trying to help her if you're so convinced she's scum? I can't make any sense of it at all.

[blue:hx5piga7]Vote Winston Smith[/blue:hx5piga7]

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! PM?
    Wow, WhyNot, you're brilliant! Especially on Thursdays!

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Thanks bunches!!

So anyway, according the the investigation, Winston Smith is not a Pod Person. He could still be the MPP, but he's not one of the Podded recruits.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Julie's thread title theme has changed. Could she have been podded last night?

Are we moving to a shortened cycle now?

I don't know what to do with Winston. Where is hawkeye?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Wait! Orange! Like the dawn! Reeeeeaaally!

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Any requests for a WoW? Otherwise, I'll pick someone and do them tomorrow.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Kat
    First - what does WoW signify?

Second - I'm pretty convinced about the case against Winston but others are not. Would you mind having a look at him? If I'm on the wrong track I'd like to know it.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I'm here. No not there, over here. Well somewhere at least.

I think next on my list of people to examine is Cowgirl. I would like to see Winston's response to the case against him though.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by hawkeyeop
    I think next on my list of people to examine is Cowgirl.
    Kat did me already (on day 4) and I am happy to go under the microscope again. Unlike Winston, I've demonstrated that I will respond to your questions as best I can. I have nothing to hide.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Vote count:

Winston Smith: 1 (cowgirl 2)

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Winston's kinda irrational and over-the-top reactions to me could be an attempt to appear like a frothy and frustrated innocent, or they could be the real deal. But unless he addresses his previously expressed views on both Kat and I, in light of the fact that Kat has served us up two scum in a row and I've placed my voted in kind and helped to lynch them both, he's top on my list.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Damn. Just saw the new Day on the index page, and it looks like you're already sharpening your pitchforks and lighting your torches.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

And upon actually reading the thread I see that Kat has investigated me and confirmed I am not a Pod Person (but could still be the MPP). I assure you, I am not the MPP.

Regarding my comments that have cowgirl's knickers in a twist, I was provoked by RabRen and leapt to a conclusion that quite honestly I cannot retrace my steps to. I've re-read my quote there, and it sounds like the ravings of a mad man (not entirely out of character for me). I think I went a little overboard with the theatrical aspect of all this and just let myself get a little carried away.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Thanks for getting back to me, Winston!

Quote Originally posted by Winston Smith
    And upon actually reading the thread I see that Kat has investigated me and confirmed I am not a Pod Person (but could still be the MPP). I assure you, I am not the MPP.
    Any ideas as to who the MPP might be?

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by cowgirl
    Thanks for getting back to me, Winston!

Any ideas as to who the MPP might be?
    RabRen is still at the top of my list. I reckon she's either MPP, been Podded since investigation, or she's just getting her jollies off breaking my balls throughout this entire game. Since I don't think it's anything personal, I'll guess the former two as opposed to the latter. I suppose hawkeyeop could also be the MPP -he's managed to keep a pretty low profile, and that seems like a smart MPP play to me. Special Ed's raised suspicion a couple Days ago, so I suppose he'd be third on my list.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Seriously Winston, that you continue to advance the notion that I've broken your balls more than other players is exactly why you stay on my list, and you started the whole ball-breaking in first place. Of the two of us, I was not the first to suspect the other and post as such.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

That being said, I think we're probably dealing with only the MPP left, perhaps with one recruit either fully bloomed or in transition, and my list of possibilities also includes hawkeye and Ed.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by cowgirl
    First - what does WoW signify?

Second - I'm pretty convinced about the case against Winston but others are not. Would you mind having a look at him? If I'm on the wrong track I'd like to know it.
    WoW = Wall of Words, which is those big long posts that link back to and summarize all the posts by a poster.

I'll get on that. Care to post up a quick summary of what you feel is "the case against Winston"?

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Okay, the only way that Winston can be scum is if he's MPP, so we would have know exactly who was slotted to be recruited and when. On that note, I have noted under each post summary what the alignment of each player was, so people can look for any patterns of interaction with known recruited scum. Of those still alive, Angel v2.0 is listed as Town (since TD can't be recruited) and Vox/Kat is noted as Town, since I know I'm Town, and you all should be pretty sure I was Town at least up until Dawn toDay, since it'd have been stupid of me to give up 2 scum if I was scum. All other live players are listed as Unknown.

The WoW is pretty damn long, so I'm putting it in a separate post. I will say here that I'm not sure one way or the other ATM, since I've played with Winston before and he's done some bizarre play as Town, including fake claiming Mason (yes, as Town).

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Day 1:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&p=71001#p71001
    Accuses OAOW of being defensive over Claptree being snarky over OAOW’s random vote for Claptree
    OAOW: Town
    Claptree (later AllWalker v2.0: Town

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&p=71359#p71359
    Very long post, basic points summarized below:
    Seems pro-no-lynch
    Not sure if mass claim is a good idea, but if it happens, it should happen ASAP
    Would like to see discussion of pros/cons of mass claim
    Thinks we should establish a firm reaction to forced claims

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&p=71413#p71413
    In response to AllWalker’s opinion that a mass claim is probably a bad idea (referring to the mass claim in a previous game):
    Well, that's what I thought, too, when it was suggested, but it turned out to be a massively successful play for town.
    AllWalker: Town

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&p=71598#p71598
    Retracts his support for a mass claim at that point in time, based on the fact that some of the power roles might have been recruited, thus undermining a mass claim’s integrity.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&p=71833#p71833
    Sees an appeal in sublight’s argument favoring inane-reason railroading over random lynching.
    sublight: future-scum

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&p=71833#p72275
    Strongly against non-voting
    Firmly against random voting, since it removes accountability
    Feels bad for Claptree
    Favors lynch-the-lurker on Day 1 (although he’s not going to read much into lurking, since it was a holiday weekend)
    Still haven’t worked out a strategy to handle forced role claims
    Agrees that a mass claim is a Very Bad Idea (caps his)
    Repeats that we need to talk about forced claims, or we’ll be screwed
    Claptree: Town

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&p=72393#p72393
    In response to cowgirl’s request that elaborate on his suggestion to plan reactions to forced role claims/give examples:
    He wants to get a dialogue started, see how people weigh in, get data to analyze later, etc., etc.
    cowgirl: Unknown

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&p=72393#p73209
    Winston is sick.

Comments:
    He seems pro-no-lynch in an early post, but later says that “we” are strongly against not voting.
    He also seems very concerned that some kind of plan has to be put in place, or at least discussed, to handle forced role claims, but he doesn’t actually contribute any suggestions or ideas about how they should be handled, just keeps repeating that it should be done. Even after cowgirl specifically requested examples.
    Also: did not vote.

Day 2

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3130&p=74838#p74838
    Apologizes for not voting, due to being sick. Feels better now.
    Votes Angel v1.0, apparently mainly because Angel might just want out of the game (I say “apparently” because he does have a couple sentences of thought, then brings up the possibility that Angel wants out and “Based on this” he’s voting).
    Says that his main point of contention on Day 1 was Rabid’s random vote strategy. Is glad that she’s dropping it. Is glad that he didn’t vote, since he would have voted for Rabid solely for the random voting idea.
    Rabid Renaissance (did I spell that right?): unknown

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3130&p=74838#p74858
    In response to sublight’s comment that self-sacrifice may be the way to go if you think you’ve been sampled:
    Too many unknown variables for a workable strategy, is my point.
    sublight: futurescum or already scum at this point?

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3130&p=74838#p74959
    More discussion with Rabid on random voting, and in response to her inquiry as to why, if he’s suspicious of her for it, is he glad he didn’t get a vote in:
    Regarding your second point, I only meant that had I voted for you yesterDay, it would have been on the basis of your expounding upon the random vote. Since you've now dropped it, I have no reason to be suspicious of you.
    Rabid: Unknown

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3130&p=75899#p75899
    Yes, I agree we should let the day run it's normal course.
    (Weighing in on whether there should be a hammer to end the Day early.)
    This was not in reply to any specific post, but of those who weighed in on the topic of hammering:
    paul/hawkeye: Unknown – asks if there’s a hammer/how many votes to hammer
    sublight – future or already scum – asks what a hammer is
    AllWalker – Town – explains hammer, wouldn’t mind ending the Day early
    cowgirl – Unknown – points out that there are several people that haven’t been heard from
    AllWalker – Town – says cowgirl has a good point
    Winston – Unknown – quoted above

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3130&p=75899#p76581
    Quotes pede’s vote for Rabid as MPP, asks for the reasoning behind it
    pede (now Angel v 2.0): Town

Comments:
    Would like to see Winston clarify whether I correctly interpreted his reasoning for the vote on Angel v 1.0.
    Also, Winston made the comment (in post viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3130&p=74838#p74838 linked above) that “YesterDay, my main point of contention was with Rab Ren and her random voting strategy. I stated firmly that I thought it was a bad idea, and most of the Town agreed with my, but Rab Ren just wouldn't let it go.”

Here are all the posts that Rabid made regarding random voting (just linked, not quoted) on Day 1:
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&p=70690#p71092
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&start=50#p71248
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&start=50#p71251
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&start=50#p71264
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&start=50#p71507
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&start=50#p71608
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&start=50#p71754
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&start=100#p71972
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&start=100#p72001
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&start=100#p72123
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&start=150#p72532
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&start=150#p72537 (addressed directly to Winston Lucifer)
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&start=150#p72550
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&start=150#p72742
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&start=150#p72745
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&start=150#p73367
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&start=150#p73413
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&start=150#p73445
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&start=150#p73461
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&start=200#p73499

Here are all the posts that Winston made about his “main point of contention” on Day 1:
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2970&start=100#p72275
    In which he said “First, I'd like to go on record as being firmly against random voting for a single reason - it removes accountability.” (one sentence)
    How can that have been your main point of contention for the entire Day if you mentioned it once, in a single sentence, and never addressed any of Rabid’s points as to why she thought random voting might be beneficial, even after she specifically addressed you in response to the one time you mentioned it?
    If you were to ask me, I’d say that your main contention was either with everyone (including yourself) not discussing your suggestion to plan for forced role claims.

Day 3:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3277&p=77902#p77902
    Asks Vox why we didn’t need to discuss the lynch.
    Vox: Town

Ed’s first post disputing Ulla’s claim goes here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3277&p=77902#p77916

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3277&p=77902#p77922
    Accuses Vox of snuggling Rabid, concerned by alleged snuggling and alleged discussion-stifling.

Ed asks how it was a snuggle here, pointing out that it was probably color in the results PM: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3277&p=77902#p77958

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3277&p=77902#p77930
    Complains about Claptree sub
    Claptree (AllWalker v 2.0): Town

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3277&p=77902#p77933
    Complains about subs in general

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3277&p=77902#p78012
    ” I'm not smearing you, Rab. You're posting less, and less is different, and different is suspicious.” Note: In Rabid’s post that he quotes here, she points out Ed’s catch on Ulla’s roleclaim.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3277&p=77902#p78035
    Votes for Vox. Makes no mention of Ed’s catch, or Ed theory that the alleged snuggle was probably color.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3277&p=77902#p78037
    To Rabid: “Point of order: I never told you to stop posting. I just told you to drop your ongoing defense of something that no longer needed defending. You should be thanking me instead of flinging poo at me.”

Ed’s second major dispute of Ullas’ role claim goes here, pointing out the “cannot detect Pods once they have replaced the Recruits” statement:
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3277&start=50#p78192

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3277&start=50#p78744
    Complains about What Exit?’s subbing. Still no comment on the Ulla-claim-dispute posts.
    What Exit? (PrecambrianMollusc
    : scum or scum-in-waiting

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3277&start=100#p78948
    Unvotes Vox, votes Ulla.
    Ulla: scum

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3277&start=100#p78995
    Explains his name change to cowgirl

Comments: I’d like to see why Winston never commented on Ed’s catches on Ulla until his next-to-last post for the Day, and even based his Vox-vote partially on the alleged snuggle (without even mentioned the possible explanation brought up by Ed). Both of those were posted before the Vox-vote.

Day 4:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3462&p=81539#p81539
    Votes paul for going after Rabid, since she’d been “vouchsafed” by both investigators, and for voting Vox after it was established Ulla was lying.
    paul: Unknown
    Ulla: deadscum

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3462&p=81539#p81717
    Pissed that so many people have dropped out of the game. Leaving vote on paul in spite of his absence.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3462&p=81539#p81811
    Still leaving his vote on paul.
    paul: Still unknown

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3462&p=81539#p81916
    sublight’s on the list
    sublight: scum or scum-in-waiting

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3462&p=81539#p81947
    Agrees with sublight on substitution-disruption
    sublight: scum or scum-in-waiting

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3462&start=50#p82546
    Unvotes paul. Says nice things about Kat. Hey, maybe sub aren’t so bad!
    Kat: Town

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3462&start=50#p82564
    Fluff about souls with Rabid

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3462&start=100#p83144
    Votes cowgirl, based on Kat’s WoW and for lack of participation.

Day 5:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3625&p=84435#p84435
    Questions sublight’s claim that he as Sheriff is the scum’s only obstacle to victory
    sublight: scummy scum

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3625&p=84435#p84436
    Questions Rabid’s claim that sublight and Winston have been playing off each other. Says “With the exception of my last post, I don't recall interacting with sublight at all.” Going back to my lists above, Winston has posted to/about sublight 5 times (including the “last post” referenced and fluff, not including the hammer discussion, since he didn’t quote/mention/refer to sublight in any way). Dunno how many times sublight posted to Winston.
    sublight: scummy scum

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3625&p=84435#p84915
    Kat is scum, like sublight says, since she and Rabid are “thick as thieves” and Rabid is scum.
    Poorly votes Rabid.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3625&p=84435#p84917
    Quotes above post, votes Rabid with correct coding.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3625&start=50#p85027
    Accuses Rabid of setting him up. Says he tried to help her when her ass was in the fire, and all the thanks that he gets is smudging and non-stop pursuit by her.

Comments: At what point was Rabid’s ass in the fire and helped out by Winston?

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3716&p=85761#p85761
    Says he’s not scummy, just defensive against Rabid (to Ed). Repeats that he’s done nothing but try to help her and just got smudged over and over in return. Votes Rabid.
    Ed: Unknown

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3716&p=85761#p86961
    More about Rabid being provoking. And he’s sitting at his desk fuming. (Italics his)

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3716&p=85761#p86972
    Tells Ed that he’s buying into Rabid’s propaganda campaign.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3716&p=85761#p86980
    Fluff to Rabid about the Big Bad Wolf and Little Red Riding Hood (less than an hour after he was [i]fuming
    .)

Comments: Still would like to see where Winston has done nothing but help Rabid, and why he was able to joke with her less than an hour after he was IRL [i]fuming[/b].

Day 7:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3832&p=87890#p87890
    “Damn. Just saw the new Day on the index page, and it looks like you're already sharpening your pitchforks and lighting your torches.”

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3832&p=87890#p87896
    Sees Kat’s investigation results. Assures he is not MPP. In reply to cowgirls’ inquiry, he does not know why he concluded that Kat and Rabid were “thick as thieves”, he was just provoked by Rabid and can’t retrace his steps.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3832&p=87890#p87909
    Thinks Rabid is the MPP, has been Podded since investigated, or getting her jollies. hawkeye is second choice for MPP, since he’s managed to keep a low profile and Ed is third choice, since he’s raised suspicion.
    hawkeye: Unknown

Comments: Would still like to see where Winston helped Rabid when her “ass was in the fire”.
    I interpreted his “leap[ing] to a conclusion” as being the “thick as thieves” comment, since he’s still suspicious of Rabid, so it’s not her scumminess that he leapt to.
    Also, what suspicions do you have of Ed? I don’t see that you listed any.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Hmmm, I didn't complete my thought here:
    If you were to ask me, I’d say that your main contention was either with everyone (including yourself) not discussing your suggestion to plan for forced role claims.

Which was going to be:
    specifically addressed you in response to the one time you mentioned it?
    If you were to ask me, I’d say that your main contention was either with everyone (including yourself) not discussing your suggestion to plan for forced role claims, or with no one in particular over mass claims.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Wow, that took a freaking long time. I probably won't have time to do another WoW before the end of the Day, since I have to sleep tonight and work tomorrow. Anyone want to do Rabid or Ed, since I haven't done them yet, and hawkeye's going to redo cowgirl?

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

My apologies to whoever tries to do one on me. I can do Ed or cowgirl but it will need to be after office hours tomorrow.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Heh. I had forgotten that my random vote selection on Day 1 was sublight. I'll be over here nibbling on a small crumb of somewhat stale vindication for early random voting.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Care to post up a quick summary of what you feel is "the case against Winston"?
    My post from yesterday lays it out in detail.

In short: Unlike the other players in this game, he has not taken a stand against any player - i.e. made a case, voted, and defended his reasoning. This is something townies do. When he does vote, the reasoning is very thin and ultimately indefensible. He has an awful lot of fluff posts and he always backs down from his assertions when challenged on them. The only way many of his posts make any sense to me (for example, the one where he said Kat was scum who was lying about sublight, a point which turned out to be perfectly wrong) is if he is scum.

Everyone else in the game is either pretty likely town or has, at the very least, taken a stand against other players:
    - Kat and AngeloftheNorth (most likely town power roles)
    - special ed caught Total Ulla's lie right away and didn't let up
    - hawkeyeop made a compelling argument about special ed - not yet confirmed if special ed is town, but a compelling argument against another poster is more than we've got for Winston
    - Rabid Renaissance - has been playing awfully townie but could still be the MPP

I am intrigued by Kat's point that you've seen him play bizarrely before and I'm certainly willing to consider other options. If it's not Winston, my second choice would be RabRen, then hawkeyeop.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I was going to do RabRen but I realize the truth of her reminder to us that:

Quote Originally posted by Rabid Renaissance
    Kat has served us up two scum in a row and I've placed my voted in kind and helped to lynch them both.
    (those were sublight and PrecambrianMollusc - she voted promptly for them and didn't shift.) This would be awfully ballsy for an MPP to do and my suspicions of her are allayed.

Has anyone done a WoW on hawkeyeop? I'm going to go have another look at him.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Just as a reminder, toDay is a shortened Day. Slightly under 12 hours until Nightfall.

Registered
    Mar 2009

paulwhoisaghost / hawkeyeop

Day 1

viewtopic.php?p=70581#p70581 - fluff
    viewtopic.php?p=70615#p70615 - asks Julie if any night actions will take place night 1
    viewtopic.php?p=71442#p71442 - asks Julie if day 1 lynch of MPP means town win; if so he is in favour of a mass claim as long as Reporter claims first
    viewtopic.php?p=71476#p71476 - after confirmation that town win requires lynching MPP as well as all recruits, retracts support for mass claim
    viewtopic.php?p=71721#p71721 - muses on possibility of no lynch; would rather attempt to get the MPP than random.org vote
    viewtopic.php?p=72009#p72009 - votes Total Ulla because "You are being way to quiet here for your style. I know better than this. It feels like you are trying to lay low." - she wasn't scum yet on day 1. It would have been strange for the MPP to vote for one of his recruits on day 1.
    viewtopic.php?p=72074#p72074 - apologizes to Ulla, there is so little to go on, says "If we do end up lynching you toDay and you are the MPP I'll take no joy in the fact that we caught you." Ulla responds to this with "Now you're playing out of style. No matter who the MPP is - why not take joy of the fact when (s)he is caught?

I still think you vote for me is crap - I have been here, I said what I wanted to say (and in this game - IMO - some of it did make sense). But if you're fine with a vote based on that - why not stick to the vote you made and be thrilled if you did indeed hit scum??"

viewtopic.php?p=72232#p72232 - unvotes Ulla, disagrees with previous position
    viewtopic.php?p=73087#p73087 - thinks What Exit's actions are a null tell

doesn't vote day 1.

Day 2

viewtopic.php?p=74280#p74280 - asks who got recruited last night, says it wasn't him
    viewtopic.php?p=74330#p74330 - apologizes for not voting; wonders why RabRen says that we shouldn't waste time on her and AngeloftheNorth
    viewtopic.php?p=74350#p74350 - says not voting on day 1 isn't anti-town in this game
    viewtopic.php?p=74372#p74372 - clarifies that he doesn't think RabRen is suspicious, but that it's odd to say it's a waste of time to concentrate on AngeloftheNorth
    viewtopic.php?p=75222#p75222 - votes AngeloftheNorth after her vanilla role claim; explains his reasoning
    viewtopic.php?p=75288#p75288 - in response to Winston, says the best play is to lynch players acting inconsistently; short of that, lynching a vanilla is the best move
    viewtopic.php?p=75736#p75736 - reports that Angel is sick
    viewtopic.php?p=75764#p75764 - says Angel doesn't want to be replaced; asks about hammer
    viewtopic.php?p=76346#p76346 - finds out there's no hammer; won't remove vote

Day 3

viewtopic.php?p=77914#p77914 - votes Vox based on Ulla's false claim; points out that vanilla deaths mean more likelihood that power roles were recruited
    viewtopic.php?p=78693#p78693 - asks for clarification from Angel re her vague role claim that implicates Ulla; asks her to elaborate further
    viewtopic.php?p=78924#p78924 - switches vote to Ulla
    viewtopic.php?p=79358#p79358 - responds to special ed's WIFOM argument, says it would be a bad play
    viewtopic.php?p=79361#p79361 - asks RabRen to clarify why what he posted about Ulla / Vox role claims makes him look suspicious

Day 4

No posts; Winston Smith votes for him for disappearing

Day 5 - reincarnated as hawkeyeop

viewtopic.php?p=84207#p84207 - lays out case against special ed based on the fact that he was the first to catch Total Ulla's lie - "Do you know whobesides power roles would know Ulla was lying?" Also says "There are some other stuff too, which I'll get to in a bit."
    viewtopic.php?p=84371#p84371 - doesn't believe sublight's claim that Kat has been podded; votes sublight
    viewtopic.php?p=84374#p84374 - still suspects special ed because "I expect scum to be on the pro-town side of things where the outcome is preordained" (re Total Ulla)
    viewtopic.php?p=84591#p84591 - defends position that the Total Ulla result was pre-ordained ("There is no way Vox would get lynched that Day"); points out that special ed keeps hinting that he should be investigated, something the MPP would want
    viewtopic.php?p=84665#p84665 - more on inevitablility of role claims and Total Ulla's lynching; says claiming Sheriff (as sublight did) is a no-lose proposition; says he joined the game swinging because putting pressure on people can make them slip up

Day 6

viewtopic.php?p=86046#p86046 - votes PrecambrianMollusc after Kat names him; doesn't see case against Winston
    viewtopic.php?p=86714#p86714 - Kat's previous WoW on paul/hawkeye - she is too groggy for analysis; wonders if he's still suspicious of Ed

Day 7

viewtopic.php?p=87823#p87823 - says I'm next on his list; wants to see Winston's response to case against him

Analysis

He voted for sublight and PrecambrianMollusc on Kat's suggestion. Unlike Winston, he has looked at individual posters, voted for them without prompting (Total Ulla on day 1; special ed on day 5), and defended his position. He also appears to have been engaged in pro-town analysis in a meaningful way - considering new positions, etc. I just can't see him as the MPP.

hawkeye, are you still suspicious of ed?

Registered
    Mar 2009

I'm really trying to give this a fair hearing but I can't see how anyone is a better candidate than Winston to be the MPP.

Kat - claimed Psychoanalyst, seems well proven
    AngeloftheNorth - claimed Town Drunk, so far unquestioned, I see no reason to
    special ed - I looked at him here. He seemed scummy to me at the time but I just can't see it now. I started another WoW on him but I won't be able to finish up by the deadline. I'd still like to know what hawkeyeop thinks about ed.
    Rabid Renaissance - voted for sublight and PrecambrianMollusc after Kat's suggestion; for me it is very hard to believe that the MPP would do this, but if someone wants to make that extraordinary claim, I am willing to be convinced
    hawkeyeop - likewise
    cowgirl - I know I am town and invite questions
    Winston Smith - MPP

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Very nice job on the WoWs.

I don't have tremendous time as I'm in the process of moving.

I'm going to

[blue:1fqn93zn]Vote Winston[/blue:1fqn93zn]

He has repeatedly come to the defense of Scum (in fact, all 3 Scum we've lynched. He only voted for Ulla when it was a forgone conclusion) and ignored the logical explanations. I can't see any reason for that other than a panicked Scum trying to save a fellow scum.

If' we're lucky, this will be game over.

And, since Night strategy is not allowed, if we lynch Winston and are correct, the set up should look lie this:

Mostly Confirmed Town:
    5. Kat (Vox Imperatoris)
    10. AngeloftheNorth (pedescribe)

Unknown:
    8. cowgirl
    9. special ed (jali)
    12. Rabid Renaissance
    14. hawkeyeop (paulwhoisaghost)

With a successful investigationof a Town, we'll have at least 2 confirmed Town (since we could lose the investigation target or Angel. I have to assume the sherff is still on our side and will protect Kat. So with our 2 confirmed, we'll have 3 unconfirmed. If we lynch from that pool...

With a successful investigation of a Scum, I'd have to guess the game is over...

Now if there's 2 Scum left, We'll need to have a word with Julie about overpowering the Scum....

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

NETA, the reason I'm assuming the sheriff is still on our side is the 2 no kill Nights we've had. Obviously his protections have caused that. Unless the Scum are playing some odd and counter-productive game.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

What a bunch of BS! Kat's cleared me, for cryin' out loud!

[blue:sqn0ypl6]Vote Rabid Renaissance[/blue:sqn0ypl6]

Because I'm sort of in the habit at this point, and I'll not stand down.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Alleging that Kat has cleared you of being the MPP is a bunch of BS.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Alleging that Kat has cleared you of being the MPP is a bunch of BS.
    Er. Good point. I forgot about that.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Well, I'm either MPP or vanilla town, just like everyone here.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Vote Rabid Renaissance

Because I'm sort of in the habit at this point, and I'll not stand down.
    [vote bleached by me to avoid confusion]

Is that the best reason you've got to suspect any of us of being MPP? You don't appear interested in convincing anyone else. If you are town, you are not helping your team at all.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

The metagaming wifom I'm currently wrestling with is the no-kill nights coinciding with hawkeye's travels and decreased participation. Maybe he was too busy to submit his kill orders, or maybe the MPP decided to try a gambit that would frame hawkeye as such, or I'm shadow boxing.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Vote count:

Winston Smith: 2 (cowgirl 2, special ed 31)

Rabid Renaissance: 1
    (Winston Smith 33)

Just under 7 hours to end of Day.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

The metagaming wifom I'm currently wrestling with is the no-kill nights coinciding with hawkeye's travels and decreased participation. Maybe he was too busy to submit his kill orders, or maybe the MPP decided to try a gambit that would frame hawkeye as such, or I'm shadow boxing.

hawkeyeop is an experience player. He would have set up his kills in advance if he were Scum, I would imagine.

My best guess about the no kills is that the sheriff has not been recruited and has guessed correctly these past 2 Nights. Though, I'll admit it's possible the Scum could be trying an odd gambit or they just forgot.

I wasn't aware he was traveling. Did you know that because he wasn't around in the Scum thread? :dub:

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

hehe, OK, fair enough.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I knew I forgot to do something while I was away.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

hawkeye, is that a slip or a joke?

Winston, is that all you have to say? Care to respond to any of the comments or questions in my WoW?

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

There's about an hour until we're going to dinner. If Winston speaks up before then and gives some decent information or analysis, I may switch to someone else (don't know who yet, will be skimming over previous Days to decide that). Same deal if I get back before Dusk. Unless/until then:

Vote Winston.

I'm thinking now that it might have been a mistake to investigate Winston, since he's still in the running for MPP. If I'd picked someone else, and they were Pod, we would have lynched them; if they came back Town, we probably would have lynched Winston. Since we're lynching Winston anyway, it was a waste of an investigation.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I'm heading out for the evening. See you on the other side!

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Vote Winston

I will still try and do a WoW before Dusk.

Registered
    Mar 2009

hawkeye, is that a slip or a joke?

Winston, is that all you have to say? Care to respond to any of the comments or questions in my WoW?
    it was intended to be joke, but quite possibly didn't accomplish that either.

I don't love the Winston case, but getting rid of an unknown at this point is fine. I believe we are probably down to one scum, and think that it likely Cowgirl or Special Ed. Now let's see if i can get get a wow (this needs to go into the lexicon) done before nightfall.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

One thing I do recall off the top of my head, Ed didn't vote on Night 1 either.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

One thing I do recall off the top of my head, Ed didn't vote on Night 1 either.
    do you usually vote at Night?

+ Reply to thread