+ Reply to thread

Thread: Is there still a mod or admin named Gary at SDMB?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Is there still a mod or admin named Gary at SDMB?

When I got banned from SDMB, it was one "Gary" who sent me an e-mail with a half-assed explanation. Recently I've been e-mailing Gary (gfactor999@gmail.com) to try and get clarification on why other folks on the Dope (or at least lissener) get to commit my banning offense without consequence. No answer so far; maybe he's dead. Maybe he went to take a shit and the hogs ate him. Does anybody know?

(Note: if Gary was actually eaten by hogs whilst heading for the outhouse, my heart goes out to his family.)

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: Is there still a mod or admin named Gary at SDMB?

Based on the email address, it sounds like Gfactor, who is still a mod there AFAIK.
    Wow, WhyNot, you're brilliant! Especially on Thursdays!

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

That is Gfactor, he is one of the best mods there, but he indicated he has been busy lately. But if you are trying to get back on the Dope, you should contact the Admins like Tuba Diva and C K Dexter Haven.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Thanks, guys! I don't really want back on the Dope, but I was curious.

Besides, I'd only get myself banned a fourth time.

Now I feel bad about my most recent e-mail, which was a bit rude. Sorry, Gfactor.

(So, is SBSO3 the same person as SBSO and SBSO2?)

ETA: Apparently he, she or it is already banned. Glad I didn't see the actual image. Gives a whole new meaning to "threadshitting".

Registered
    Mar 2009

I did--why did he show me things my brain can't forget I saw. Eew. Thanks Cat.

BTW--Yes, GFactor is Gary. He really is a good guy. I'm not sure what's up but he does seem to be swamped with some IRL stuff.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Fenris
    I did--why did he show me things my brain can't forget I saw. Eew. Thanks Cat.

BTW--Yes, GFactor is Gary. He really is a good guy. I'm not sure what's up but he does seem to be swamped with some IRL stuff.
    I sent him an e-mail apologizing for my previous, insulting e-mail. (If it had been Lynn -- forget it.)

And I actually didn't figure out that somebody with "gfactor" in his e-mail address was Gfactor. Haven't been on the Dope in so long, it didn't even click with me.

+ Reply to thread