+ Reply to thread

Thread: Annie Leibovitz

Registered
    Apr 2009

Default Annie Leibovitz

Not sure if this really is at home here, by all means shift it to a more appropriate venue.

I watched a program on the Beeb last night on Annie Leibovitz and was seriously impressed. Excellent program, although too short, and a fascinating woman who is a superb photographer.

She first came to my attention some years ago when I bought Patty Smith's "Gone Again" album.

This is without any doubt the best album cover I have. I am ashamed to admit that I had never heard of her previously, probably because I never read Rolling Stone magazine or Vanity Fair.

Parts of the program shown last night are up on YouTube for anyone interested. is the introduction to the program and there is a lot of other clips there too.
    Lightly Seared On The Reality Grill

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Re: Annie Leibovitz

I haven't seen the show, and the office blocks certain clips, but I'll try to take a look when I get home.

I like the work I've seen by Annie Leibovitz. Thanks for the link.
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Re: Annie Leibovitz

Her photo of Cindy Crawford as Eve is the funniest and sexiest picture I ever saw. There was Leibowitz show at the Brooklyn Museum of Art a few years back,and I could have stood in front of it all day, except that it was crowded and people kept throwing things at me and yelling, "Give someone else a look, would you, ya obsessive nut, you?" It was mesmerizing.
    There is more than one way to burn a book. And the world is full of people running about with lit matches. -- Ray Bradbury's "Coda"

+ Reply to thread