+ Reply to thread

Thread: Which Harry Potter spell would you like to know?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Which Harry Potter spell would you like to know?

Once again today, I realised I would really like to know that Accio summoning charm thing. There are a thousand and one uses for such a spell. The obvious include when the TV remote is just out of reach. A problem if your wand is also just out of reach . Also if you drop your keys on a dark street - why scour the ground on your hands and knees when you can just shout out Accio keys! *

But there are other uses. Wrap it in tissue paper and hold it up to your ear. Accio earwax. Similar use for a blocked nose. Whisper it under your breath and pretend to be a Jedi. The practical joke applications would be endless. Theft would be simple - Accio money.

Are there limits to the spell? If I point it at you and say Accio oxygen or Accio brains will you die? If I point it at a crowd and say Accio hot women who are willing to sleep with me will I score? If I routinely point my wand at exotic plants and say Accio cure for cancer will the necessary molecules jump towards my wand? What about if I aim at a bag of Scrabble pieces - Accio answers to tomorrow's test?

These things probably wouldn't work. There's probably some rule about visualing the thing you want to summon in your mind. But hey, it's magic. Maybe it will work.

The other possibility is that spell that allows you to control people, but using that sends you to gaol. Plus, I would feel guilty turning people into slaves like that - or worse, I wouldn't.

*I would make a great rapper. Again.
    Something tells me we haven't seen the last of foreshadowing.

Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello runner pat's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Re: Which Harry Potter spell would you like to know?

I already tried the thing with the women.

Damn wand musta' been broken.
    "To give anything less than your best is to waste the Gift."
    Steve Prefontaine

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Crucio.

I would use that shit all the time. Retribution for traffic asshattery, for example, would be swift and sure.
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

find me at Goodreads

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Apparition, please! I can't fathom quite how much of my life is wasting getting to where I want to be. Failing that, I'd like a Portkey. Several, if you can spare them. How much stuff can you bring along with a Portkey? More than when you Apparate, I bet.
    Whatever became of the moment when one first knew about death? There must have been one. A moment. In childhood. When it first occurred to you that you don't go on forever. Must have been shattering. Stamped into one's memory. And yet, I can't remember it.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Silly as it may sound, I'd like to be an animagus. As long as it wasn't something really lame like a beetle or a fish--mammal, please! Or bird. Most of the other spells do something you can already do through other means, just not as easily or quickly, but walking around as an animal? Yeah, that'd be fun.

No I am not a furry.
    "There are no ordinary people. ... It is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit." C.S. Lewis

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

"REDUCTO!"

Because man, I'd ALWAYS have a good parking space.
    "It's Quite Cool." -Gandalf

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Elyanna
    Silly as it may sound, I'd like to be an animagus. As long as it wasn't something really lame like a beetle or a fish--mammal, please! Or bird.
    "Why sure, officer. I had sex with that dog. But you see, I was a dog at the time, so it's perfectly ok. Right?" Bitch set me up!

Nah, I'd love to be able to turn into an Eagle. I mean seriously, Flight? Walk out on my deck, turn into an Eagle, fly the 5 miles to work - having a blast doing it, eat a pidgeon or two for kicks... And shit on your car. Great big huge Eagle shit.

Apparate would actually be my first choice, and a lot more useful. Walk into the restroom at work, just out of sight, apparate home from work. Apparate to Jamaica for the weekend. London for the next weekend. Caught in a robbery or other bad situation? *pop*

Pick up the best weed from where ever, the best Scotch straight from the distiller, the best wine from the vineyard, grab a basket of food to go from the best restaurant, and apparate to the best view on Earth to enjoy the meal.

Busted for all that stuff? Not for long.
    Robbed or Kidnapped? Not for long.
    I reserve the right to be bothered by things that don't faze you,
    and to cheerfully ignore things that bug the shit out of you.
    I am not you.

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

When I read the thread title, I thought of Accio because I am a lazy bitch. However, since the OP has stolen it I submit Wingardium Leviosa.
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Chimera
    Quote Originally posted by Elyanna
    Silly as it may sound, I'd like to be an animagus. As long as it wasn't something really lame like a beetle or a fish--mammal, please! Or bird.
    "Why sure, officer. I had sex with that dog. But you see, I was a dog at the time, so it's perfectly ok. Right?" Bitch set me up!
    This brought back a memory I was trying to bury, of reading a post about a furry having sex with a dog. It was copy-pasted to Something Awful. Why did I read it? Why am I so stupid? Will my brain ever be clean? Where is a barfing smiley when I need it? D:

AAGHGHGHHSGHGSHG sob
    "There are no ordinary people. ... It is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit." C.S. Lewis

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Bitch was asking for it.
    I am not you.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Portkey could be a fun way to get rid of seriously unwanted people.

Hey, what's this on my desk?
    *pop*
    What? Where am I? How come all those asian guys are running at me with guns?

(Later)
    No sir, I don't know how I got 30 miles from Pyongyang. I swear I'm not a spy. Please stop frying my genitals and let me go home. I told you, I don't know how I got here.

(Same time)
    What happened to Bob?
    No idea. He just disappeared.
    I am not you.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

The sexual possibilities of petrificus totalus have not yet been discussed.
    I must leave this planet, if only for an hour.

+ Reply to thread