+ Reply to thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Middle Earth FA63 D&D Game: Second Adventure - Goblin Guerrillas.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Re: Middle Earth FA63 D&D Game: Second Adventure - Goblin Guerrillas.

Well it was worth it is as idea.

Let's try using sleep then?
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Yeah. Let me see how close I can get you to the blind without being spotted. Macsalin do you want to come with and act as back up with me in case things go bad?

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Sleep Range: 3" + 1"/level for 60’ Duration: 5 rounds/ for 15 minutes

Giles leads Lyall to within 60 feet of the blind. So far so good, the last 25’ was a slow crawl. Lyall gets up to start casting and needs but 6 seconds. Giles continues forward. One goblin gives the beginning of an alert and his crossbow bolt goes way off target.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Concentrate, concentrate, concentrate....

Registered
    Feb 2009

Sorry, I meant to imply the Sleep worked, I reread my post and see that I failed.

The Sleep worked.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Excelent. Good work Lyall! I am going to sneek into the blind and see what I find.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Phew.

Giles, Macsalin, you had better check the blind.

I'll get the others up here quickly.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Oh, and while I am checking around I'll also tie up the lookouts, just to be safe.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Giles can tie up the 2 sleepers with ease. You do see a small door in the back of the blind. Also a rope passing through a small hole in the same wall as the door.

What is everyone else doing?

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I approach, but don't enter the blind until my nimbler friends have had a chance to search it. Then let's decide how we intend to enter.
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

find me at Goodreads

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Can I tell what the rope in the wall seems to go to?

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Be careful, in case it's attached to a bell or something on the other end.
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

find me at Goodreads

Registered
    Feb 2009

Macsalin is with you, he can conjecture that is some sort of loud internal alarm.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Macsalin had not realised there was no way into the blind apart from the cave. He would have been nervous about entering the cave without scouting it first.
    However we are now in. So Macsalin helps tie up the guards (usual interrogation to follow once we have control of the situation) checks the blind and rope for traps and works with Giles to listen at the door and signal the others to join them.

He confirms Speaker-to-Animals wise decision to keep our Healer as secure as possible.

The next move will depend on what we hear and if the party make it safely.
    If we hear nothing and the party join us in the blind Macsalin suggests that he and then Speaker interrogate the Goblins using our standard tactics.
    So Macsalin would tell the Goblins (one at a time) to co-operate or die. He would then ask:
    What is behind the door?
    How many troops are there?
    Who is in charge?
    When will anyone enter the cave or blind?
    My motto is "Never apologise, never explain."

Sorry, I should say that I got that from Colin Hoult...

Registered
    Feb 2009

Lyall will be staying out the way letting the others handle the two goblin scouts and dealing with the cave.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Take a look inside after the initial checks, cast a Detect Snares and Pits, also see what chance Little Bear has of fitting in here. If it's going to be too tight a squeeze, find him a patch of dense cover nearby and leave him to wait for our return.
    Librarians rule, Oook

+ Reply to thread